Phantis Forums

PAO-Atromitos

athinaios

F-T 3-1

I expected better but we are in a low form period I guess and I hope we snap out of it. Defenisvely we are in shambles and it's not just personnel. The team as a whole has drouble folding back into defense when we lose the ball in midfield. It doesn't help that our defenders most of the time can't win the ball one on one.

Gilberto had a good game overall and some others had spurts of goodness here and there (Spyropoulos in the first 20 minutes, Cisse, Katsouranis). Ninis was also pretty good and I hope his injury is not serious.

3 more points in a game we'll forget in a couple of weeks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great finish by Cisse.

Seriously this guy was a great addition to the team, the speed, power, hes creating chances, and he finds chances, and he scores goals.

By quite far the most dangerous striker PAO has seen in a while.

Today his break and speed got Atromitos down to 10 men, and finished off what should never be a doubtful game when we needed it. The only problem is his offsides...

How messed up are things in Greece nowadays? I can't understand how this continues to happen? Why doesn't the government flex it's muscle once and for all?

Hooligans in soccer.... anarchists against the government and police..... and no one is ever held accountable or arrested. Know wonder this happens so often. Sad sad sad

Because, ever since the "trauma" of the 70's, people are terrified of any form of police action, even when its 100% justifiable. If the government does flex its muscle, even if its 100% justified to rational people (the goal being to ensure peace and protection of the citizens rights, properties, businesses), people will all say it isnt, and they are living in fascism, blah blah, police are not people, same banter.

Greece's mentality needs to change, and we need the citizens that went abroad and learned to be responsible for themselves to re-patriate and spread their new and effective ideas.

They expect the police in Greece to be effective without using any force when necesary. So theyre left to deal with massive crowds, with a lot of gas.

Today marked the death of the privledged kid who went hanging around in Exarxeia provoking police with his dipshit friends, and in panic got hit by ricochet of a warning shot and died.

So, people go to areas that are nearby police units, and try their VERY BEST to go ahead and provoke them. Unless of course, somehow these 'peaceful' protesters were angry at Panathinaikos/Atromitos for the incident.

The amount of damage these idiots do is unbeleivable. And the phobia of putting it down properly. Greece has serious economic problems, a leader who is going to worsen them, a people who make totally unrealistic demands which end up in more problems because "solutions" are all short-term by nature, then kicks and screams and destroys it self everytime theyre unhappy with their own government.

People rioting will go breaking windows, throwing stones and starting fires not listen to the police to stop, not comply, and when the police fire gas or sometimes actually physically try to put the guy into custody, he cries "brutality, the state is corrupt and abusing me".

Greece is one of those countries in the world, where people have severe issues with being responsible for their actions, and idealize and beleive everything the democratically elected government, appointed laws and constitution is corrupt and just against them whenever they choose to violate its terms.

This is bad and further drives away fans of the sport.

I think the culture has to change to make such acts unacceptable. Most of today's hooligans don't have a memory of the 1970s! It's just what they've learned to do and for the most part it goes unpunished.

The political parties, the media, and all organized groups should come out against violence. There's got to be accountability and professionalism of the police too.

As for the game, we're glad it's over. But this is another point. What future does it hold for the sport if most games' value is basically points a team gets. If I pay to watch a game is because I like the sport and I support my team, but to be served crap after crappy game is not desirable.

How messed up are things in Greece nowadays?  I can't understand how this continues to happen?  Why doesn't the government flex it's muscle once and for all?

Hooligans in soccer.... anarchists against the government and police..... and no one is ever held accountable or arrested.  Know wonder this happens so often.  Sad sad sad

Because, ever since the "trauma" of the 70's, people are terrified of any form of police action, even when its 100% justifiable. If the government does flex its muscle, even if its 100% justified to rational people (the goal being to ensure peace and protection of the citizens rights, properties, businesses), people will all say it isnt, and they are living in fascism, blah blah, police are not people, same banter.

Greece's mentality needs to change, and we need the citizens that went abroad and learned to be responsible for themselves to re-patriate and spread their new and effective ideas.

They expect the police in Greece to be effective without using any force when necesary. So theyre left to deal with massive crowds, with a lot of gas.

Today marked the death of the privledged kid who went hanging around in Exarxeia provoking police with his dipshit friends, and in panic got hit by ricochet of a warning shot and died.

So, people go to areas that are nearby police units, and try their VERY BEST to go ahead and provoke them. Unless of course, somehow these 'peaceful' protesters were angry at Panathinaikos/Atromitos for the incident.

The amount of damage these idiots do is unbeleivable. And the phobia of putting it down properly. Greece has serious economic problems, a leader who is going to worsen them, a people who make totally unrealistic demands which end up in more problems because "solutions" are all short-term by nature, then kicks and screams and destroys it self everytime theyre unhappy with their own government.

People rioting will go breaking windows, throwing stones and starting fires not listen to the police to stop, not comply, and when the police fire gas or sometimes actually physically try to put the guy into custody, he cries "brutality, the state is corrupt and abusing me".

Greece is one of those countries in the world, where people have severe issues with being responsible for their actions, and idealize and beleive everything the democratically elected government, appointed laws and constitution is corrupt and just against them whenever they choose to violate its terms.

Well said!

Archived