Phantis Forums

Greece - Latvia

dark_horse

Clueless about goalkeeping? Oh sure...... Right. You are calling Tzorvas horrible after 1 goal on a rebound,  I'm not sure you've ever had a shot come at you before. Often what you have are just your reflexes. Tzorvas did correctly, but it fell straight to a player. It happens that you don't always get the parry you want. Its not like he spilled, that shot came out of nowhere it was quite a stretch, you don't always get control of your parry, esp on reflex saves. Personally it is better to tip it over the bar for

Tzorvas is a fine keeper and he will grow into the role. He hasnt had any blunders of note, in the likes of Nikopolidis and Xalkias, for PAO or for Greece. Oh he dropped a ball in his first Ethniki appearance with Italy. Drop him indefinitley, :LOL: 

I agree the best thing a keeper can do is not create goals and mess things up. But Tzorvas has not done this yet. You want to see an example of terrible keeping, see Nikopolidis Euro 2008, and also quite a few of his ethniki post 2004.

Also, Tzorvas has been solid for PAO so far. Probably the only Greek keeper out there other than Sifakis and Xalkias. Sifakis is really the only rival to the spot, and he's not any more stable, at least Tzorvas will grow into it.

If you weren't completely clueless you wouldn't find it necessary to twist my argument, so just to clarify... I am NOT calling Tzorvas a horrible keeper becuase of ONE rebounded shot. I am saying he isn't good enough for the NT because of NUMEROUS errors in the VARIOUS games that I've seen him. Some proved costly others didn't but may have on another day. He's not as good as Chalkias, Chiotis, Kotsolis, Eleftheropoulos or Sifakis and as a result he shouldn't be in goal for Greece. It's not rocket science!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to disagree on a few things..

Chalkias, Kotsolis and Chiotis are all done. and Chalkias is shite anyway.

Elefteropoulos is prob the best keeper to ever dawn a greek NT uni. But he is also 34 and we have to look forward.

Sifaki and Tzorvas are the future of our Gk position. And I believe that Tzorvas, although not really tested this season, played more then fine vs AEK, Aris and Larisa. He may 2 good saves against AEK, game saving saves and he made 2 class saves against Larisa.Lets not forget, he is only 27 and had a phenomenal season with OFI at 25.

Of course there is work to do but sayin he isnt good enough is a bit harsh. Every keeper makes mistakes.. Nikopolidis vs Rosenborg looked amateurish at best. You cant take a handful of games you have seen him in and pass judgment. Its unfair to him and other players

Remember Sifakis int he 3-3 game vs Pao... he was horrible..

Great goalkeepers become great by playing minutes. Id rather have Tzorva play now rather then have some bogus Chiotis or Chalkias take away minutes from a young guy tryin to win his spot.

I have to disagree on a few things..

Chalkias, Kotsolis and Chiotis are all done. and Chalkias is shite anyway.

Elefteropoulos is prob the best keeper to ever dawn a greek NT uni. But he is also 34 and we have to look forward.

Sifaki and Tzorvas are the future of our Gk position. And I believe that Tzorvas, although not really tested this season, played more then fine vs AEK, Aris and Larisa. He may 2 good saves against AEK, game saving saves and he made 2 class saves against Larisa.Lets not forget, he is only 27 and had a phenomenal season with OFI at 25.

Of course there is work to do but sayin he isnt good enough is a bit harsh. Every keeper makes mistakes.. Nikopolidis vs Rosenborg looked amateurish at best. You cant take a handful of games you have seen him in and pass judgment. Its unfair to him and other players

Remember Sifakis int he 3-3 game vs Pao... he was horrible..

Great goalkeepers become great by playing minutes. Id rather have Tzorva play now rather then have some bogus Chiotis or Chalkias take away minutes from a young guy tryin to win his spot.

Chiotis has never been so good, you should start watching APOEL in Europe. He's been the best keeper in the CL so far, bar nobody. His performances against Partizan Belgrade and Atletico Madrid were simply exceptional. (Hey Irlandos, where are you to weigh in on this?).

Kotsolis was a good keeper last year, so why is he finished all of a sudden? Just because he's moved to Omonia?

Chalkias may not be great, but he's still better than Tzorvas. I'm not necessarily saying the other goalkeepers are amazing, they are simply better than Tzorvas, which means he's not ready for NT football.

I appreciate what you're saying about Eleftheropoulos being 34 and the need to look forward. But the goalkeeping position is unique. If I start playing a young midfielder and he makes a few mistakes but still contributes to the team (say Ninis for instance) that's fine. He can grow into his role and a few stray passes or incorrect decisions won't necessarily be costly. Whereas a goalkeeper is the last line of defence. If he makes a mistake it will probably cost us a goal. Therefore a goalkeeper must be ready, not just promising. The NT is not a prep-school, the team doesn't play often enough for that. If a keeper needs minutes he needs to earn those minutes with his club. So if Eleftheropoulos is better than Tzorvas he should be ahead of him in the pecking order until he is no longer better than him. Jens Lehmann is nearly 40, if he was Greek would we not start him just because of his age?

No way Chalkias is better than Tzorvas... Not at this moment in time...

Chiotis has had a good run but ive seen him long wenough to know he is crap.... My opinion of course...

Kotsolis sucked before this year.... He was , at best, a decent keeper.

What did he ever do t prove he was good... He played well for larisa at times... but Tzorvas was exceptional with OFI.... Whats the difference..

I was praising Tzorvas as a talent when he was with OFI so it isnt new... I was even pissed when i thought OFI ownd his and that PAO had given up on him.Look back if u choose.

Eleftheropoulos is prob the best keeper, liek i said, to play fr greece. But from the moment Otto doesnt want him, for whatever reason, we move on. Whether its the click he had with georgatos and anatolakis or whomever... I dont know..

Sifakis and Tzorvas, right now, are our future and present...

Archived