Phantis Forums

Greece - Latvia

dark_horse

Well he's lost the plot a long time ago but...out of the players he called up, who would you guys start? I would start Samaras and Gekas, Karagounis and Ninis, but who out of these guys can play as a left winger? Can any of them? Does Pliatsikas have a good left foot?

Kyriakos is obvious but definitely not Seitaridis, that would be ridiculous. I think with the guys he called up we can have something potentially good happening but that would be extremely lucky. If things go well during the game I would call in Mantzios and play him for 10 or 15 minutes to break him in once again.

For both PAO and Greece Karagounis is most effective when he plays as a left forward in a 4-3-3. With Spyropoulos providing width we can afford to have him cutting in and affecting the play. Problem with that is you're then forced to play a big target man. Mantzios isn't fit & Samaras tends to struggle as a lone front man, while Gekas is too small as is Salpi. So my favoured formation would be 3-5-2, but that essentially kills Karagounis who just isn't effective as a central midfielder anymore.

Because of that I'd try and find a compromise with 3-4-1-2.

..................................................Chalkias.........................................................

...............Papastathopoulos..........Kyrgiakos...........Moras....................................

Ninis.............................Torosidis.............Katasouranis......................Spyropoulos

................................................Karagounis........................................................

...................................Salpi............................Samaras.....................................

Good line up; very good except I would have Gekas instead of Salpi. Salpi isn't a good technical player and hasn't really shown anything in international play. But if Otto happens to use a line up like that we could possibly see some really good football. Again our chances are slim but it is possible.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well unfortunately we are in a rough position, I still think Greece has a chance however they must win this game and put at least 2 goals in the first half. From what I have seen Greece does not have a strong enough Defense anymore to hold a 1-0 lead anymore. Those days are gone as we have not diplayed the same organization and mental discepline as we had in the past. I think this is the formation Rehaggel will play from what I have read thus far. He stated that Moras, Karagounis, Katsouranis and Gekkas.

If this is the case than most likely we are looking at a 4-3-3

-----------------Gekkas-----------Samaras--------------Salpigidis------------------------

-----------------Karagounis---------Katsouranis--------------Torosidis-------------------

Spyropoulos----------Moras-----------Kyriakos--------------------Seitaridis-------------

--------------------------------Chalkias------------------------------------------------------

I belive taht spyropoulos should be fit to play by now, in addition he has also been very impressive in the last games for the ethniki. Seitaridis will take the right back spot out of sheer tradition and the fact that he is the best option we have even if not full strength i would rather him there than vyntra. Torosidis has been doing very well lately and is also back form injury I think now that Rehaggel can trust spyropoulos in the LB spot he is willing to move Torosidis to his more natural right side. With Giourkas and Spyro making runs up the flanks I think our 3 strikers will get the service they need.

I would not mind seeing Ninis come as a sub for Karagounis to mix things up and add a different flare to our attack or even pulling off Gekkas and stacking our midfield to dominate posession.

what are your thoughts? :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :box: :box: :box:

GIA PANTA ELLADARA!

We are going to have to win this game. We are going to have to come out and play our hearts. I see a win here 1-0 or 2-1. The fans also need to show up for this game.......

:gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw:

I see a 4-0 win, we'll man up and win.

im going to watch NZ v Bahrain tonight, i dont think ill be up for the greece match live....i'll b way to tired and drunk by then.....going to watch tghe replay but ..... F***en ZITO I ELLAS!!!!!! and God Defend New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw NZ will man up and win, just like the TUAMINATOR!!!!!!! TUUUUUA!!!!!!!

Ela paidia, huge game today, why not treat yourselves to an appetizer, Cyprus leads Bulgaria 2-0 after 25 in Larnaca, join me in the Cyprus section before the Greece match, and then we'll all come back here in time for the match

Greeks are the worst people in the world to sing a national anthem. Not only do they rarely, but they are ALWAYS completely out of rythm with the music. No matter the event/sport...

I saw the Russia - Germany game in Moscow....gave me chills....fantastic fans and anthem.

Ela paidia I'm here now. Thanks to the NONE of you who joined me in the Cyprus section. Oh well. You missed a great tilt in Larnaca today

Cyprus 4-1 Bulgaria FT

Now let's get another win for the home side in Athens

PAME ETHNIKI!!!!! :gr:

Your loss, Irlande, you could've at least followed it on FIFA as I did. Anyway why is Tzorvas playing? I'm all for dumping Xalkias, but not for someone who never even plays for his own club

Archived