Phantis Forums

Greece - Latvia

dark_horse

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team made so many chances and goals.

Honestly, a big difference tonight was Xaristeas not being able to play. Rehagel has held the team back with his set in stone relationship with one of Greece's biggest flop players ever, when players like Salpiggidis, Amanatidis, Mantzios are miles above him, even players like Petropoulos are seriously much more talented and just better players.

There is defeinitley a lot to look forward to when Otto leaves. We will go to playoffs, but if you see the teams there, we're not going past them.

France, Russia, Portugal, Ukraine etc....Just not happening.

Probably the best game we played in this qualifying tournament...at least in the second half. I didn't see the 1st but I heard it was pretty bad. They seemed to be finally communicating and creating some good plays. This line up in the 2nd was close to what we've been calling for. And look at the result. But unfortunately it was largely by accident. If Haristeas wasn't injured he would have been there and we would have seen something stupid like Gekas/Hari/Salp which would have been horrible. The line up in the second is what he should be starting the games w/ but I'm afraid he'll do something ridiculous again, even after this GLARINGLY OBVIOUS result. So instead of Amanatidis on the right (who wasn't bad) I would have Ninis of course and once again we see Toro being played out of position. Spyro should have played; don't know why he didn't. He incredibly did ONE good thing: brought on Pliatsikas toward the end.

I have to say today they showed the potential they have. With the right coach and the right line up we could have a damn good team because we have the players.

actually, with the +3 goal spread, if Israel can beat Switzerland somehow, and we beat Luxemborg by 2, we take 1st...

Anything is possible but if we end up 2nd, I understand along w/ the others, we might play Ireland, which would probably be the best for this team. Is that possible after todays games?

Because of Ukraine's win against England, don't we overtake Croatia and become a seeded team behind France, Russia, Portugal?

That's what Sportdog.gr is saying, but Ukraine is ranked 2 places above us in the FIFA rankings so I'm guessing Sportdog got it wrong.

Can someone please shed some light on this very important issue.

Archived