Phantis Forums

Summer 2009 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand the urge to sell Mantzios. Really. He'll be sold & then we'll be scrambling to get his replacement. Sign somebody better than sell him. :blink:

I have a better idea. How about not selling him at all? How about, for ONCE, treating these guys like players and not commodities? How about building the team and keeping 1st choice players at the same time? Does that sound a little crazy?

I swear Ive written a response twice now Kojak but its gone?

to sum them up:

Salpiggidis you are maybe right. I think hes only replaceable if we get a big #9 forward type, but still it would be better to keep him around. I think that his presence can be replaced in the starting lineup for sure, and he cannot play lone striker this is main issue.

Dimoutsos is on loan with OFI no? He can come back?

Rukavina: Hugely overrated. Decent pace and dribble, not intelligent, average finisher really. Waste of foreign spot/backup spot.

Hes most definitly not the 2nd scorer in the club or so much of a standout as that would sound Hes in a 4 way tie for 3rd alongside Karagkounis, Clayton, and Petropoulos.

His performances have been nothing special, his goals have been against weak teams who were pretty much already defeated on the pitch that day.

If we need a supersub we should have stuck with Ndoye who was far far far far better faster stronger loyal versatile and can be relied on, defintly impressed a lot more than Rukavina to the point where PAO badly missed him when we went on our crap streak and blew the title last year while he was injured. He was bailing us out before that....Curse this stupid managment for replacing a valuable player with some fancy "prospect" because he wasnt enough of a name. Ndoye kicked ass, and made the team much better and gave us more flexibility. Keep him you idiots!

Strikers like Rukavina are a dime a dozen! I can see him leaving in 2 years, as a failure. Drop him now and save us the wasted time or send him on loan and open up the team to some new talent and then decide.

I agree we should have kept N'Doye; this is so unfortunately typically of this organization though. What would his performances be like now if he was still w/ us? I like the fact that he played like he cared. Where the hell is he now? I think Salpi is fine domestically but not in Europe; in terms of skill, he's limited. I don't agree w/ your views on Ruka; he's still developing, but he shows promise. He needs to be given more of a chance.

N'doye was very undisciplined and had these no-show games when we needed him most. Yet I agree that there wasn't any upgrade to bring in Roukavina or Petropoulo.

As for Mantzios, I think everyone likes him but to speak for myself, I don't want to wait another year to see if he can begin scoring with regularity. I think he should stay, but we need to buy another CF who can score more. I have the feeling he wants to move abroad from the interviews I have read.

Morris was good but he had to pay for these games where his horrid performance (in Xanthi and Ofi where opponents were running circles around him) cost us two very embarrassing defeats and the title. So I don't have a problem with him gone since I consider Vintra and Jakub and upgrade.

Anyway, the names keep popping up. Today I read about two players who play in Belgium: Jaime Alfonso Ruiz, and Dieumerci Mbokani. Both strikers. http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=94239

I also found this polish report ( http://www.polishsoca.com/index.php?option...lasa&Itemid=79) saying Panathinaikos will make a 5m offer for Lewandowski and if it's not accepted they will make a 1m offer for Boguski. Now that makes a lot of sense: let's spend 5m for a striker. If we can't have him, let's then spend 1m for another one. Same thing, and we'll save 4m :blink: :LOL:

It's still April but I have began my list of names mentioned. These are only the strikers mentioned in the media as PAO targets:

Jaime Alfonso Ruiz

Dieumerci Mbokani

Pavel Pogrebnyak

Vincenzo Iaquinta

Sergio Floccari

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Djibril_Cisse

Claudio Pizarro

Robert Lewandowski

Nilmar

Milan Jovanovic

Andre Martins

I see us settling for someone like Kaouno sometime in late August when Antoniou goes into panic mode. I am sure Kaounos would enjoy his dinner at the kotero. Then watch Astera finish above us next year :LOL:

N'doye was very undisciplined and had these no-show games when we needed him most. Yet I agree that there wasn't any upgrade to bring in Roukavina or Petropoulo.

when were his no show games? not that many. seriously he worked hard every game. in big games he did well, he bailed us out of those deadlocked 0-0's at home and if we hadnt lost him for so many months at the end we could have not dropped so many points to small teams and actually been realistic about the title. Guy was much much better than Rukavina and off the bench he was good, and everyteam can use a player like him. He can play midfield, lone striker, winger anything and hell give you a great effort. But no we get overated Rukavina to sit and do nothing except score some meaninigless goals and as soon as hes actually needed vanish.

as for discipline.....if hes a backup, who cares? Rukavina got the dumbest red card of the entire season btw. Ndoye was provoked the OSFP game and it was his first match..

As for Petropoulos, hes a decent backup. Not as good as Ndoye, but IMO more intelligent, stronger and determined player than Rukavina. In a lone striker role Petrops is much better. In a winger type forward Rukavina is quicker so Id say hes more useful then...in front of goal, id say Petropoulos.....

Clover: rukavina isnt showing anything. lets be serious there was a lot of Green media hype after he scored some scrap goals and made a tripla or 2. Against opposition in competitive games hes shown absoltuley nothing at all special for the Superleague. When we needed a boost in attack, vs Serres or even Villareal, the guy had no clue what he was doing out there. Also was tragic when he finally did get to start a match he was pretty bad.

as for the transfer names, its just papers.

There is no way in hell Pogrebnyak or Pavluchenko, Iaquinta or Pizarro would come to PAO.

when were his no show games? not that many. seriously he worked hard every game. in big games he did well, he bailed us out of those deadlocked 0-0's at home and if we hadnt lost him for so many months at the end we could have not dropped so many points to small teams and actually been realistic about the title. Guy was much much better than Rukavina and off the bench he was good, and everyteam can use a player like him. He can play midfield, lone striker, winger anything and hell give you a great effort. But no we get overated Rukavina to sit and do nothing except score some meaninigless goals and as soon as hes actually needed vanish.

as for discipline.....if hes a backup, who cares? Rukavina got the dumbest red card of the entire season btw. Ndoye was provoked the OSFP game and it was his first match..

As for Petropoulos, hes a decent backup. Not as good as Ndoye, but IMO more intelligent, stronger and determined player than Rukavina. In a lone striker role Petrops is much better. In a winger type forward Rukavina is quicker so Id say hes more useful then...in front of goal, id say Petropoulos.....

Clover: rukavina isnt showing anything. lets be serious there was a lot of Green media hype after he scored some scrap goals and made a tripla or 2. Against opposition in competitive games hes shown absoltuley nothing at all special for the Superleague. When we needed a boost in attack, vs Serres or even Villareal, the guy had no clue what he was doing out there. Also was tragic when he finally did get to start a match he was pretty bad.

as for the transfer names, its just papers.

There is no way in hell Pogrebnyak or Pavluchenko, Iaquinta or Pizarro would come to PAO.

Since when are any goals meaningless...? reminds of a panelist/coach here in australia "graham arnold" who famously said during one of greece's game in the euro 2004 "I think greece has scored to early!" WTF.....

We werent patient with N'Doye, and we are still rueing it today, lets not make the same mistake with ruka or any other young player for that matter, even if he does turn into a dud. He at least needs 1 more season to fully assess whether he is a waste. Or else we will forever sign players for 1 season, and the next goneeeee, with the perenial hope that we may come across a warzycha to adjust to greece immediately...lets face it it wont happen.

As for my dimoutsos point earlier, im merely stating that yeah he is on loan and will forever be shifting from club to club just like all our other loan guys, before we finally sell them for $5,000 to marko or agios nikoloas... wasted talents.

Proven players in proven leagues are they way to go in transfers, if we are hoping to adjust to europe as well as finally win the greek league. If we sign someone from poland, sweden, belgium etc they have to be raring talents, or else forget it. Argentina/brazil is a fantastic market but to get the cream you need to pay at least $7m + or else its a risk like everyone other country.

To be honest the only website reliable in terms of transfers is pao.gr when they finally anounce the contract. Everything else is media entertainment for the simple minded folk.

GRAHAM ARNOLD :LOL: :LOL:

LOL

just hearing his name makes me laugh

wat a kreas - him and andy harper the worst kreata ever LOL

i remember andy harper saying "if it hit the back of the net it would of been a goal" no sht sherlock!!!!!!!

lol :LOL:

its nothing against scoring.

Its that Rukavina has come in and hit sitters vs small teams that already gave up the fight for the most part. His 6 goals arent that big an acheivement as people are making him out to be.

Like I said even Maceij Bikowski hit 7 goals (some beautiful ones too) as our #5 striker. My point is Rukavina has been overrated by PAO fans and press, hes not really doing anything out there on the pitch that makes him seem promising.

Just sell us "hes a prospect", give him a handful of goals and people beleive hes a mega talent. I just cant see him being an important player for us in the future.

Anyways:

GS1905 will like this one:

Diego Lugano is linked to PAO :LOL: according the front page of GOAL newspaper in Greece......

If Fener is willing to sell him - should we be willing to buy him???

Did anybody catch Udine vs Werder yesterday? I saw the game, good game except for Udine's collapse but Tziolis played decent, and...if were looking to sign player Udine have some real talent.....Werder too, Diego's goal was pretty fantastic...

Quagliarella (impossible signing for PAO, but great striker)

Asamoah - this guy looked like he would run the Greek League ragged. Hes only 20, the fastest player on the pitch, great ball control, back on defense was good and great player never let down effort....Like an offensive version of Simao but more skilled....

Id have no problem with the management throwing some millions at that guy, if Udine will give him up they havent put him in too many games this year...

But well go for crap Im sure.

Lugano?? :o At PAO?? :o

No.. Please!!! :tdown:

He may be as good as he can, I f***n don't care!!! He is a cheapshot player who can headbutt the same opponent three times in a game, and looks like a very good defender in a crap league where referees do not touch him!

I would be pleased to see him at Frinos, though! The jacket will fit then! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Pouygrenier?? :blink: I watched him play for Zenit in Russian league last season. Absolutely awful!! I would pick Melissis over him any given day and I'm not joking! :nono:

I'm stunned at the names that are beinng linked with us... Lugano? Puygrenier? Are we trying to build a good defence or are we trying to make it worse? Mounir el Hamdaoui can finish but the Dutch league is a very open league. He has time and space that he wouldn't get when we're at places like AEL and Iraklis. I'd rather have Pogrebnyak, who (despite what Drakos says) is a realistic target if we're willing to spend the money. Zenit aren't even in Europe next season so why would he stay there? If Pateras and co. are serious about "building the new Chelsea" (or even the new Lyon which is more realistic) then it's ridiculous to suggest that players like Pogrebyak are unrealistic targets. It's obvious that we can't get the elite, but the B-List level are who we should be going for. Particularly those b-list players that aren't in the top 3 leagues.

Players like Pavlyuchenko are indeed very unrealistic targets, particularly as he's only just gone to Spurs for a huge amount. That's just a dumb rumour, they may as well say we're going to buy Messi. But Pogrebnyak should be a target. Another player we should be looking at is Christian Benitez from Santos Laguna.

We should even be looking at excellent players from modest clubs in big leagues, i.e. Quagliarella, Di Natali (both of Udinese and they won't be in Europe next year), Krankjar (Portsmouth), Wheater (Middlesborough), Novakovič (Cologne), etc

Hey, thanks guys for the reports on these players. I usually don't get the time to watch more than one or two games per week (and usually one of them is a PAO game) so I never know who these players are or what condition they are in. So I really appreciate it.

For those worried about Puygriener, good news, he doesn't want to come to Greece. http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=4&aid=36969

Euro2k4, reportedly, we are targeting Krankjar from what I've read. I too would like to see Pogrebnyak, and I have seen his name in the media as a target (can't remember where), although he would be a target of many other euro teams, I don't see why we can't pay the money to get him to PAO.

Happy Easter everyone.

By the way, about Lugano the Turkish papers keep writing that he's heading to either Roma or Valencia next season with surprise the names of Zenit, Lazio and Villarreal in the mix. No PAO mentioned in any Turkish paper yet (pleasingly).

we need to thro some thing like 10 million euros on 2-3 WORLD CLASS players......NO MAN can face his wife and say "oh by the way honey I TURNED DOWN 10 MILLION EUROS TODAY" - You'd be sleeping on the couch for years mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, you either have Qatari owners that I don't know yet or you've oversmoked ganja! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Exedra has the Juan Rotsa's top ten from the Argentinian market:

CBs: Cabral, Gerlo, Ariel Aguero

RBs: Angeleri, Paulo Ferrari

Strikers: Mauro Boselli, Silva (not sure which Silva), Sand

Midfielders: Fabian Rinaudo, Vangioni (LW)

I guess the big names need to scouting. It looks like Rotsa is after some upcoming, and probably attainable, talent.

GS1905, I don't know for sure but I am under the impression that Vgenopoulos' Marfin has the backing of Quatari investors. I only read bits and pieces here and there. So Pao_or_Death might not be far off :)

I forgot to mention PAO is linked with Carew. What kind of shape in he in?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009...hn-carew-report

Carew is in great form, maybe the best on Villa at the moment. He is a monster if he can get service. I think he needs someone up front with him to play off of.
the link also states Galatasaray and Werder Bremen are also in the hunt for former Beşiktaş and Lyon striker.

Carew targeted by PAO, CimBom and Werder!

sorry for posting in Turkish again, but Lugano's agent, Juan Figer, confirms that AC Milan, Juventus and Fiorentina AC have already made free transfer offers for his client and his future most definitely lies in Italy. Figer, the agent, also suggests that the Urugayan international's possession of an Italian passport also makes him an attractive target for Italian clubs. Fenerbahce also made an offer to renew the defender's contract for worth €2,7M-a-year for three seasons. Nothing has been mentioned with regard to PAO interest.

Lugano heading for Italy ?

Exedra has the Juan Rotsa's top ten from the Argentinian market:

CBs: Cabral, Gerlo, Ariel Aguero

RBs: Angeleri, Paulo Ferrari

Strikers: Mauro Boselli, Silva (not sure which Silva), Sand

Midfielders: Fabian Rinaudo, Vangioni (LW)

to be honest, I want nothing to do with the Argentine market.

Latin America produces fine citrus fruits and thats about it. Especially if your PAO. If your Milan/Real etc you can get the real stuff. PAO will get the crap.

So Why bother? Only so we can end up promising to do better next year all over again like this year and last year?????

Im for bringing back Lybe as our reserve striker. People understimate the importance of a good reliable backup on the team. Lybe I dont want on the ethniki but at club level, the guy never fails to hit goals. Hes got 10 goals with Eintracht this year as a backup. Wheres the harm in bringing him back? Fans love him, hes a proven player, and hes hes an incredibly hard worker....Age who seriously cares. Vazexa was important and useful up until he was what, 38????? We all know age is bullshit for many a player. Lybe hasnt shown much to say hes lost it. Ethniki level is another story.

Hes got crazy experience in Greece, with PAO, and in CL. He is PAO.....these are perfect conditions to bring the player back. More ideal than any of these Latin American wild cards or idiot Rukrapinas on the bench. I want a player on the bench that can be a late saviour in the small games. We lose championships in the small games. Maybe we should try and stock up for them??? He used to bail PAO out, and he bailed AEK out too.

Experience in the Greek League is also a MEGA quality that is totally mocked. Apparently not all players can play here. How many times do we see world star signings and players and coaches from far superior league have an incredibly difficult time performing???

As for other signings I dont really see us getting any big names, Carew etc....this is just ridiculous. We have no chance in hell at Iaquinta (says he wants to stay at Juve), Carew, Pogrebnyak, etc etc etc....we dont have any big money, only big mouth. And even with the money, were too scared to put it down, and we dont know who to spend it on or how to approach them.

Archived