Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - PAOK

cyberfish

clover,

posa paixnidia tou panathinaikou exeis dei??? well, we played good today but def it wasnt the best game from the team. Exoume paiksei akoma kalitera se alla matsakia.. ena proxiro pou mou erxete einai auto me ton Ari.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch the match, just saw highlights of the goals, but Halkias is a joke. He is seriously horrendous as a keeper. What was he thinking for the corner on the 1st goal??!?!?!

Fantastic Ninis delivery, but that doesn't mean the GK should come out and abndon all hope for connecting with the ball.

And was he beaten through the legs by Vyntra's second? Man this guy is a walking disaster. I couldn't care less what he does with PAOK and if Santos rates him as a GK. The guy is a walking disaster.

Even though Tzorvas isn't seeing regular game time, he needs to be the number 1 for the NT.

Yes, Chalkias was a joke in the goals but he did have a couple saves that he was not obligated to save in the first half. What Ten Cate said was true. Once the players began running and exchanging the ball fast, Paok could not follow. The first goal was the result of a nice ball movement that found Ninis challeged on the corner that resulted in the first goal. The second goal the same. Nice forward ball movement in space found Ninis ready to enter the box unchallenged. The tackle from behind saved an excellent chance, but it cost Paok a yellow and a second goal. Same with the third goal. Ball and player movement was the key and it wasn't necessarily any substitution that caused the improved game. Ninis, Gilberto, Simao, and Mantzios picked it up for fifteen minutes and Paok had no time to organize on defense. They were constantly chasing the play from behind. So, yes, Chalkias helped, but one way or another the pressure was going to bring some goals eventually.

I'll start by saying once again that I am tired of hearing about Ninis playing or not playing. For anyone who watches the games and knows a little about football, Ninis is used well given the fact he is only 19 and he has not gone through a couple of full preseason training seasons to build up his body. He played twenty minutes of high level football against PAOK and he was winded after that. He can't play 90 minutes at the level PAO requires. Compare this with Simao who's had a couple full off-season sessions and can keep running 90 all season long.

In terms of football he is an exciting prospect and against PAOK he had a very good game. Everyone (including myself) loves Ninis and looks forward to seeing him become as big as some of the legendary PAO players (Saravakos, Domazos, etc.). But to claim that Ninis is irreplaceable on the team and that he must play constantly, is not right.

Some good things happened this season. First, he is high on the depth chart and Ten Cate uses him regularly and correctly. He had a good game against PAOK (to go along with an atrocious game against Ergotelis), and it seems like he is found his position as a RM, giving up the idea that he can play AM in his current physical state.

No need to be talking about Ninis playing/not playing all the time. It's exhausting. There are so many other things to talk about Panathinaikos. Why don't I read as much about Simao's amazing performance and I read so much why Mattos or Ninis is not playing enough? Why don't we talk about the way our defense has turned around since the beginning of the season? Why not talk about the way the team averages two goals per game after all these seasons of tsoukou-tsoukou?

Since I started this, here are Ninis' stats:

--------------------Superleague------Champions League (I don't keep stats on the Greek Cup)

Appearances-----------13---------------------4

Minutes-----------------723------------------197

Goals--------------------0---------------------0

Assists-------------------7---------------------0 (leads the league)

Whole games played----2---------------------1

Starts--------------------8---------------------3 (started 6 of the last 9 games)

Gms. missed w. injury---1---------------------1

I'll start by saying once again that I am tired of hearing about Ninis playing or not playing. For anyone who watches the games and knows a little about football, Ninis is used well given the fact he is only 19 and he has not gone through a couple of full preseason training seasons to build up his body. He played twenty minutes of high level football against PAOK and he was winded after that. He can't play 90 minutes at the level PAO requires. Compare this with Simao who's had a couple full off-season sessions and can keep running 90 all season long.

In terms of football he is an exciting prospect and against PAOK he had a very good game. Everyone (including myself) loves Ninis and looks forward to seeing him become as big as some of the legendary PAO players (Saravakos, Domazos, etc.). But to claim that Ninis is irreplaceable on the team and that he must play constantly, is not right.

Some good things happened this season. First, he is high on the depth chart and Ten Cate uses him regularly and correctly. He had a good game against PAOK (to go along with an atrocious game against Ergotelis), and it seems like he is found his position as a RM, giving up the idea that he can play AM in his current physical state.

No need to be talking about Ninis playing/not playing all the time. It's exhausting. There are so many other things to talk about Panathinaikos. Why don't I read as much about Simao's amazing performance and I read so much why Mattos or Ninis is not playing enough? Why don't we talk about the way our defense has turned around since the beginning of the season? Why not talk about the way the team averages two goals per game after all these seasons of tsoukou-tsoukou?

Since I started this, here are Ninis' stats:

--------------------Superleague------Champions League (I don't keep stats on the Greek Cup)

Appearances-----------13---------------------4

Minutes-----------------723------------------197

Goals--------------------0---------------------0

Assists-------------------7---------------------0 (leads the league)

Whole games played----2---------------------1

Starts--------------------8---------------------3 (started 6 of the last 9 games)

Gms. missed w. injury---1---------------------1

He'll only get match fit by increasing the amount of minutes he plays.

19 isn't that young in modern football. It seems like only yesterday he was 16 and Greeks were raving about the new Messi. That was of course an overstatement, but the fact is this kid hasn't developed. He needs more playing time imho.

I agree TC was leaving him on the bench during the first half of the season which was wrong. Too much has been made of his age; he's a unique player and ready to go. Like any other player though, in order to keep up his abilities and get better, he needs to PLAY. Simple logic. Of late, he's been using him in games, which is good. I would just like to see it stay that way.

Archived