Phantis Forums

Omonoia -AEK Athens

bides

Omonoia also outplayed the crap out of AEK today. The draw was still an acceptable result, though. We did go thru, and within the Greek community, Omonoia has gained huge bragging rights.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is horrible......absolutle disgrace...

omonoia a class above AEK

No we are talking stupidity . Omonoia did nothing and were lucky first game. They tied one game........

I think your dislike for Omonoia is affecting your judgement re file. They were superb today and dismissing their acheivement as just a tie is dumb. They won 0-1 away in Athens and hit the post. Today they drew 2-2 but had the tie secured long before AEK equalised in the 90th min. Omonoia also hit the crossbar in this game too. Omonoia were superb and as Bidis says, Omonoia had some key players out: Okkas, Aloneftis and Niculescu are major signings and they were all on the bench today, featuring as late subs. Although I don't share Bidis view that Omonoia are a class above AEK, I'm sure both they and Ano would challenge the domiance of the top 3 in Greece. APOEL might get in on the act too. They are very good teams mate.

No we are talking stupidity . Omonoia did nothing and were lucky first game. They tied one game........

I think your dislike for Omonoia is affecting your judgement re file. They were superb today and dismissing their acheivement as just a tie is dumb. They won 0-1 away in Athens and hit the post. Today they drew 2-2 but had the tie secured long before AEK equalised in the 90th min. Omonoia also hit the crossbar in this game too. Omonoia were superb and as Bidis says, Omonoia had some key players out: Okkas, Aloneftis and Niculescu are major signings and they were all on the bench today, featuring as late subs. Although I don't share Bidis view that Omonoia are a class above AEK, I'm sure both they and Ano would challenge the domiance of the top 3 in Greece. APOEL might get in on the act too. They are very good teams mate.

well said dude!!! You are the bomb SSE re this guy didnt even watch the two legs 4 starters out of the starting lineup including the captain kaiphas omonia could have buried the guy if that penalty was called aek was horrible scoring on the run of play what game were u watching drakos anyways with 4 starters out imagine if they were fully fit to play!!I'm a realist I'm not living in the 70s like u this is 2008 gone are the days of the thrashings there is lots of money in Cyprus !! Anyways enough said omonia is thru kalinixta

Also 16 straight European matches without a loss at the GSP!

That's a testament to the fantastic atmosphere the home crowd create. Hopefully Omonoia can rely on this home form to get to the group stages. If that's acheived then Omonoia will play 5 games I think, either 2 or 3 will be at home. So you never know what can be acheived.

I just really hope that some of our Greek friends here will be supporting the Cypriot teams the way they support other Greek teams in Europe.

Omonoia did barely anything in Athens. They scored a LUCKY goal, and a post. AEK were not great but still....classes above is totally ridiculous.

they tied 2-2 on a man down AEK BTW.

Anorthosis and Omonoia would chalenge top 3 in Greece -

now we are reaching NEW heights of ridiculousnees. Its was big enough a deal to do it once. You think they could seriously do it game after game??? Throw in more curveballs like PAOK, Panionios Aris etc... not happening. Omonioa couldnt even win the Cypriot League. Sure APOEL is decent and Ano is fairly good, but other than Paphos and all these village teams, would struggle to get a result against the best from the B ethniki.

• 10 months later...

Archived