• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Israel neighbours of Ivory Coast? :blink:

Btw where or what is Macao??? :LOL:

Katsouranis with a shot, over!

its a joke i was bored :LOL:

at least somebody caught it!

Macao is a little island in asia that i think has some portuguese influence other than that i cant help you :rolleyes:

we are definitly missing subs. Rehagel being an idiot and wasting friendlies again....

Give me one reason to let Salpiggidis, Lyberopoulos, Basinas continue instead of somebody else? You cant. Players like Tzorvas Papastathopoulos are getting a full 90 mins i understand because theyre relativeley new additions but the rest is pointless to keep on.

Let Ninis come on. I realize Kouts is only around to be seen in training with the team, but Ninis should just come on for Salp - can salp really lose anything, can Ninis really gain nothing, and can ninis really play any worse? NO. So make the sub. economics says if gains outweigh costs, you make that decision.

Is this commentator for real???

The youngsters shouldn't be put in, they're too young, they should watch and learn ...

I hope there was some irony in that? :blink:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what have they been doing their whole lives, watching Fila To Vatraxo sou instead ? :LOL:

its a joke i was bored :LOL:

:tup:

A shame though that both Pliatsikas and Ninis only get to play after '85.

Basinas out, Pliatsikas in.

Salpingidis out, Ninis in.

Kind of what we should've seen from the start of the game, to then have both older players potentially come on as subs, after '70.

I'm liking this result. Both us and the World Champions, played around with our sides, showed off some new players. Nobody loses. On paper we can say we hung with the best team in the world

i think the stadout was obviously Tzorvas, who was great. Goalkeeping issue is nearly over. Hes improving rapidly on the club level, has trained and sat through a tournament, hes going to be the next NT keeper, so good news and good riddens to the Xalkias-Nikopolidis combination that has got us nowhere after 2004.

To be fair Kostas has been great in our WC Qualifyers so far, and was loads better than Nikopolidis. But his time is running out.

Spyropoulos, is an average player. We need better on the left, (PAO too)

Vyntra is a risk. Dont play a major risk, he lets you down.

Papastathopoulos was careless. Learn to win a ball without fouling , but the referee was a dick too.

Salpiggidis could have not been more useless all game. He wasnt quick, he tries to dribble with no chance of beating anybody and isnt in form and thats not the position for him to be effective.

Mantzios i though was composed and good on the ball, like he always is. It was absolultey pointless to replace him with Lyberopoulos who needs to be dropped already.

Gkekas is just a great finisher, thats why you keep him on the team and let him play. Hell finish what you give him on the majority of occasions and thats valuable.

Overall a decent game, glad to see some newer faces get real playing time but it wouldnt be Otto without wasting at least part of the friendly on players who dont need to be out there as long as they were....

Tzorvas was superb and must have solidified himself as the no.1. Gekas also seemed great and Spyropoulos was fantastic going forward but no so good defensively. Papasta also seemed composed, Vintra played well too and Karagounis had a decent 1st half. Also, I liked the way that we tried to play the ball out of defence instead of just launch it aimlessly forward like we usually do. However there were also some VERY disappointing aspects imo.

Basinas must be dropped, he is too lethargic to play and the backline was poor, especially on their goal. Along with Tziolis it was as if we didn't have a midfield at times in the 1st half. Also Salpi isn't good enough to play wide right, he was appalling! Which brings us on to "King" Otto. <_< What on earth was he thinking? Why bother calling up Koutsianikoulis, Pliatsikas and Ninis if they aren't going to be given a chance??? It became apparent in the 1st half that Salpi was utterly ineffective and giving the ball away every time he got a touch so why not bring on Ninis? Why wait til 86 mins to introduce him? What are the benefits? Sack him na telionoume re gamoto! We are not going to qualify with this man at the helm!!!

i thought tziolis was rather good. i think he could become a more regular feature on the ethniki. basinas does become an issue. while i am still in favour of having him, it does make sense to not use him all the time. i am afraid basinas parapona after the latvia game made him ottos mainstay once again.

salpi on the other hand, once again underlined that he may be a good player but that he is too little on an international level imo.

the subs were somewhat ridiculous. did lympe play as a left winger? i wasnt exactly sure. had the impression at times...

interestingly otto used a pao-heavy lineup. not a single olympiakos player was used to keep them well rested.

interestingly otto used a pao-heavy lineup. not a single olympiakos player was used to keep them well rested.

ha ha, last game Ten Cate complained why all the PAO players were called and didn't play, now he can complain why they played.

I was watching the game on and off. It seems like our defense has become weak, even thought today we saw those who Otto considers substitutes (with the exception of Delas). No one put a body on Toni on the scoring header.

Tzorvas was a bright spot and I thought Katsouranis looked fresh at times. Gekas with a beautiful move and finish the nice assist by Tziolis.

Overall it was an entertaining game. I'll be in the minority here and say that's ridiculous to call players to the NT just because they played one or two good games.

I thought Lyberopoulos played Karagounis' role, and it did make some sense, but putting in Ninis and Pliatsikas in minute 88 is senile.

i think the stadout was obviously Tzorvas, who was great. Goalkeeping issue is nearly over. Hes improving rapidly on the club level, has trained and sat through a tournament, hes going to be the next NT keeper, so good news and good riddens to the Xalkias-Nikopolidis combination that has got us nowhere after 2004.

To be fair Kostas has been great in our WC Qualifyers so far, and was loads better than Nikopolidis. But his time is running out.

Spyropoulos, is an average player. We need better on the left, (PAO too)

Vyntra is a risk. Dont play a major risk, he lets you down.

Papastathopoulos was careless. Learn to win a ball without fouling , but the referee was a dick too.

Salpiggidis could have not been more useless all game. He wasnt quick, he tries to dribble with no chance of beating anybody and isnt in form and thats not the position for him to be effective.

Mantzios i though was composed and good on the ball, like he always is. It was absolultey pointless to replace him with Lyberopoulos who needs to be dropped already.

Gkekas is just a great finisher, thats why you keep him on the team and let him play. Hell finish what you give him on the majority of occasions and thats valuable.

Overall a decent game, glad to see some newer faces get real playing time but it wouldnt be Otto without wasting at least part of the friendly on players who dont need to be out there as long as they were....

I agree w/ everything except for the effort on the field. Yeah it seemed that both teams were cautious but I believe that the short span of 10min that we played and scored the goal was great. We were fast moving the ball and passing.

I must admit that Salpigidis was CRAP on the right and Vydra wasn't anything at all. I did like Tzorvas and I wish we could see this kid more often.

:gr:

I love Tzorvas. He should be our starter. He was mobile and snared anything that came his way, and never botched it (see Nikopolidis at Euro 2008) when he came out. Also HELD the ball at key times... Italy had an early scoring chance, a shot from less than five meters out, and Tzorvas actually HELD the shot...! I was sure Italy would score there, but no. Good, tough Greek kid. He is 26 though and Otto needs to give him his chance now. In seven or eight years, you can't be so sure that he'll still be this good--or learn as quickly :LOL:

Was nice to see that Gekas can score against the bigger international teams, rather than just be the guy who inflates his numbers with hat tricks against Malta, too :LOL:

Just kidding, boys, I love Gekas. I have his name on my Greece home jersey, you know :gr:

Props to Otto for playing a 4-3-3, I'm glad he played something more attack-oriented against a tough team like Italy. It was a big change from how we looked at Euro 2008--my Italian mate that I watched the game with even noticed that :tup:

But I am also annoyed with Otto for waiting so long to bring on Ninis and Pliatsikas :tdown:

Tziolis also proved to me today that he should take Basinas's spot in the lineup, no questions, starting now...

Sorry for making so many comparisons to the last Euro, but in America with cable TV, I rarely get a chance to watch our NT. Basically, the only times I've been able to watch were the three games at Euro and this one.

well probably the reason for his start is that he has had quite a few starts for PAO this season for a backup, including fantastic game vs Werder (Otto's Team ;) ) and not to mention, he was sharp in all the other games he played except for Ergotelis he made on msitake half his fault half his moron defense.......and his game with Kavala (yes, Kavala made some good chances too that he was suberb against, and no it did not matter that it was "kavala"....

he will make the #1 at club level, but who cares if hes not, if hes still on a rotation and in great form, clealry hes worthy keeper.

point is

if we are in 2010

Tzorvas will be our #1

nice to see a goal derived from some clever off the ball tactical movement....seems like the team looks more fluid with haristeas out...i love the guy and his work ethic but he cant finish like gekas....the team is forced to abandon the "lets just kick it up in the air from 50 yrads out and hope haristea gets his head on it", and tries to build up some type of cohesive march..

basinas is really looking old next to tziolis....what business does lybe/vyntra/salpi have on this team?

@aek66: i agree to your post. i thought the non-inclusion of torosidis was sad. either as an DM or as a right back. i believe vyntra isnt better than toro so why shot your own foot? unless of course otto would have used toro in the DM position which he didnt do unfortunately.

tziolis showed me that he does have more to offer than i thought. i would like to see him play more for the ethniki. german sources speak of werder being interested in inking him as well.

basinas is starting to become an issue in my opinin. whereas i respect and like the player it is getting painfully obvious that he may not be able to offer much more to the team. what gets me thinking, is that basinas publicised parapona after the latvia game, where the ethniki actually played good football w/o him, seemed to have impressed otto. sad to see...

salpi is not good enough for international football. especially not given his recent form. why waste a whole friendly playing him? unless this was otto giving him a last chance which i doubt, stupid move.

i am all for young blood but what in gods name did pliatsikas do to earn an ethniki spot? seldom starting at aek. where is makos in ottos pecking order?

oviously as you say, otto didnt want to lose the game w. thats why he didnt use his subs.

tzorvas, tziolis, spyropoulos and papastathopoulos showed their worth. while salpi and basinas continue to raise questions. lympe should be a joker for the last 10 mins or so but not much more.

i think with samaras and spyropoulos we could have a very worthy left side. giourkas/toro and ninis/koutsi whatever would offer a nice right flank. charisteas or gekas as central strikers given the opponents and off we d go. given the amounts of crosses spyropoulos and ninis could be bringing in, charistreas would really be a threat.

i cant help think how this team could actually work quite nicely but otto just insists on some stupid moves that seem to retard everything.

Archived