Phantis Forums

Goodbye Leoforos (Apostolos Nikolaidis stadium)

cyberfish

I have to say, my stomach was tight watching all the fireworks in the end.

I've had great memories there as a teenager when I would ride my "papaki" (with a trifili prominately displayed in the "podia") all the way from Piraeus to watch the games with my friends.

We always indulged in the awful hod dogs and souvlakis outside, we always got heartburn, and always bought a square piece of styrofoam (before the plastic chairs, this is how you kept your behind from freezing on the cement). Then we squeezed among the crowds to eat our nails the whole game long. Funny thing is, I don't remember specific games any more, just snapshots of individual plays and runs by specific players.

Let's hope the new stadium will bring us many good memories too.

So long, and thanks for the memories. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I have to say, my stomach was tight watching all the fireworks in the end.

I've had great memories there as a teenager when I would ride my "papaki" (with a trifili prominately displayed in the "podia") all the way from Piraeus to watch the games with my friends.

We always indulged in the awful hod dogs and souvlakis outside, we always got heartburn, and always bought a square piece of styrofoam (before the plastic chairs, this is how you kept your behind from freezing on the cement). Then we squeezed among the crowds to eat our nails the whole game long. Funny thing is, I don't remember specific games any more, just snapshots of individual plays and runs by specific players.

Let's hope the new stadium will bring us many good memories too.

So long, and thanks for the memories. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Good memories......but

Awful loukanika and souvlakia ? are you insane :P ? those things are amazing man....ive never had a peice of food that was so nasty, but so amazing :tup: .... fortunatley those guys are always going to exist at any stadium.

good memories of Leoforos for me too. When I was growing up we were in OAKA, and didnt end up going to my first PAO match (for football) was Leoforos in 2001. Saw some great games there, friendly and A ethniki....... I remember some late wins, some easy wins, the laughter and taunting of OSFP's 7-0 loss to Juve the matchday afterwards.....

But we said goodbye to Leoforos 2 years ago too remember.....so IMO Ive already dealt with it. Coming back to Leoforos this year, it was not the same. It was leoforos, but something was different, the PAO atmosphere was gone (im not just talking about the noise in the stadium)....

Archived