Phantis Forums

PAO - ARIS @ Playoffs GAME 5

athinaios

so is it official we are in Champions League?

yes bro.. we are 5 points ahead from aek now...

btw, leoforos megafona elegan oti "auto to paixnidi den einai to teleutaio stin leoforo".

PS. NET has to do something with the stupid sport-casters.. xasane tin allagi tou karagkouni me ton postiga... they said 10' later.. when postiga had the ball i was like wtf.. when postigas got in...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

possible opponents for PAO in 2nd round are: IFK Goteborg, Anorthosis, Tampere United, Dinamo Tiblisi, FK Venstipils, FBK Kaunas, Drogheda United, Valur Reikjavik, The champion of Bosnia, and the champions from the following leagues: ,Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia.

IF we qualify and all the other favorites qualify to the 3rd round, some of our potential opponents in the final round are :

CSKA Sofia,SK Brann, Standard Liege, Wisla Krakow, Slavia Praha, Galatasaray, Dinamo Kiev, Marseille, sporting Lisbon, the champion of Serbia,Anderlecht and a few more.

On any given day, PANATHINAIKOS should advance against 98.6% of these teams.

obviously we wont have a complete list till the end of may when most of the leagues are done.

Looks ok though. At least the first round... and if we get by the first round, which we should, we are playing for CL group stage. And if we get knocked out of the 3rd round of qualies, we will get a shot to get into UEFA cup.. sort of like how AEK did this season.

possible opponents for PAO in 2nd round are: IFK Goteborg, Anorthosis, Tampere United, Dinamo Tiblisi, FK Venstipils, FBK Kaunas, Drogheda United, Valur Reikjavik, The champion of Bosnia, and the champions from the following leagues: ,Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia.

IF we qualify and all the other favorites qualify to the 3rd round, some of our potential opponents in the final round are :

CSKA Sofia,SK Brann, Standard Liege, Wisla Krakow, Slavia Praha, Galatasaray, Dinamo Kiev, Marseille, sporting Lisbon, the champion of Serbia,Anderlecht and a few more.

obviously we wont have a complete list till the end of may when most of the leagues are done.

Looks ok though. At least the first round... and if we get by the first round, which we should, we are playing for CL group stage. And if we get knocked out of the 3rd round of qualies, we will get a shot to get into UEFA cup.. sort of like how AEK did this season.

Congratulations to all the PAO fans here for making the CL. It's great to have the club back where it belongs. I feel for AEK considering that really they should have the title and now they aren't even in the CL. It would have also been brilliant for them financially to build on the current squad. But PAO are better equiped to qualify for the CL group stages imo, and as such it's better for the Greek league.

Looking at the possible draws I think it would be good to avoid Anorthosis & IFK Gotenberg because they are the strongest teams in the 2nd round (Anorthosis would also be like a derby I suppose).

In the 3rd round it's imperative to avoid Marseille, Lisborn and Galatasary. Nonetheless, even with the worst possible draw PAO is more than capable of qualifying.

Can't wait! :gr:

In terms of preperation, PAO will need to extend Ivanshitz's contract (any more news re: that?). A lwinger who can play on either side (particularly the left though), a target man, a dekari and right back is needed in my opinion. Hopefully PAO can make the right moves and prepare well... exciting times ahead!

Niko how sure are you of this ???

Because I know its done by coefficients, and pending on whos in the top/lower coefficients it could be much more difficult than that.....

2nd round we could face Basel, Wisla, Cska Sofia, Shaxtar etc.. no?

DUDE: I hope to avoid Anorthosis too, but it would'nt be a derby man come on :LOL:

But yes even in the worst case were capable of going through......I just hope were prepared. I almost want Peseiro to stay just so that we dont have to "rebuild" again, and I hope that we make some SERIOUS signigns (not crap signings).

I think the play off system for CL and UEFA spots does have some merits but what I would like to see is this extended to 6 teams and includes the champions. The winners of the Greek League would still be crowned champions but they would have to compete for the right to compete in the champions league. Also Aris and Panionios never stood any chance to qualify as the points system was against them.

However if they had a top 6 with everyone starting even then I would propose the following (using this season as example):

1. Top 2 teams have bye in 1st Round

2. Team 3 plays Team 6 (Panathinaikos vs Larissa) - Home and Away

3. Team 4 plays Team 5 (Aris Salonika vs Panionios) - Home and Away

4. The losers play for UEFA Cup spots

5. The winner of 3 vs 6 (say Panathinaikos) would play AEK.

6. The winner of 4 vs 5 (say Aris) would play Olympiakos.

7. The winners of (Panathinaikos vs AEK) would play winners of (Olympiakos vs Aris) would qualify for CL and losers in UEFA Cup spots.

This system may lift the level of football in Greece where teams can see that even if they don't win the League they have a shot at playing in Europe and may motivate them to play for this position.

Just a thought and idea but I would like to hear your thoughts as to whether this is a good idea or not.

I just want to stress how important was the absence of endoye in the end of the championship. He is a player that can move well with the ball and can drible opponents. Which we didn't have much this year. Maybe if endoye was used with iraklis, things could have been different. Also dimoutsos and ninis could have been used.

Pity, it was a championship we should have won..

btw, leoforos megafona elegan oti "auto to paixnidi den einai to teleutaio stin leoforo".

I think they made the announcement because they were afraid people will rush in to rip the goalposts and the grass :LOL:

billyzaf: Good observation. N'doye's absence hurt the team down the stretch (thanks to Dellas for cutting him from behind without even seeing a card). Regarding the game with Iraklis, N'doye was injured. The whole team looked bad against Iraklis and I don't think any single player would have made a difference. Karagounis and Ivan were in and did not manage to do much.

The team folded under the pressure. When the play without pressure, they look good. Management needs to find a way to keep them focused without getting stressed out.

pisteuo oti enas filakouris mesa sta apoditiria tha voithouse poly tin omada apo pleuras psixologias..

Archived