Phantis Forums

OFI - Panathinaikos

MadBoy13

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it actually does doenst it???

if AEL win, AEK will have first on points....

if AEK and OSFP tie on points, they have a playoff to see who wins (right?)

in which case we have no chance of a play off for 2nd and Champions League

can anybody confirm this is the rule cuz im not sure...

this may be rated one of the most embarrasing performances and result ive seen from this team, in a time where we needed consistancy and a result against a semi-par team we flop like a bunch of scared teenagers...pathetic result and pathetic coaching from peseiro...they should be ashamed, they disgraced the jersey today boys...sad way to end the championship, didnt even go down with a fight...

it actually does doenst it???

if AEL win, AEK will have first on points....

if AEK and OSFP tie on points, they have a playoff to see who wins (right?)

in which case we have no chance of a play off for 2nd and Champions League

can anybody confirm this is the rule cuz im not sure...

Except, AEK-Olympiakos will play each other first; then the winner is the champion and the loser enters the playoffs :o

\

Forget it 2-1 Olympiakos 90'

Morris LEAVE

Vyntra LEAVE

Spiropoulos LEAVE

Tziolis LEAVE

Eki LEAVE

Peseiro LEAVE

Vardinogiannis GET F***ED

good luck to AEK

Not long ago you were praising Spyropoulos, now you want him to leave? I'm sure you're just saying that because you're angry and frustrated.

This really is an embarassing result though, and I have to say DUDE going on about Panathinaikos' defence beaing crap looks pretty spot on tbh. While I think the 1st goal was not a pen, the 2nd was crazy defending and from OFI's point of view the 3rd is goal of the year but from a Pana perspective it was a joke! The coaches need to teach them to defend as a team and in sync. It doesnt matter how good the players are, if they dont click as a team they are useless.

Morris LEAVE

Vyntra LEAVE

Spiropoulos LEAVE

Tziolis LEAVE

Eki LEAVE

Peseiro LEAVE

Vardinogiannis GET F***ED

good luck to AEK

Not long ago you were praising Spyropoulos, now you want him to leave? I'm sure you're just saying that because you're angry and frustrated.

This really is an embarassing result though, and I have to say DUDE going on about Panathinaikos' defence beaing crap looks pretty spot on tbh. While I think the 1st goal was not a pen, the 2nd was crazy defending and from OFI's point of view the 3rd is goal of the year but from a Pana perspective it was a joke! The coaches need to teach them to defend as a team and in sync. It doesnt matter how good the players are, if they dont click as a team they are useless.

when exactly was I praising Spyropoulos??????

I dont want him to leave no thats not a great idea. Of course I am angry and just saying that ... But Im not happy with the fact hell be our "solution" for the next couple years on the left wing....we should do better

I thought he was a good signing. from, the last couple matches, and even before the catastrophe I didnt notice anything amazing or praise the player. A lot of people here did, you must be thinking of somebody else in these forums.

not to mention oly may lose the 3 points they never deserved with kalamaria with the CAS decision coming in two weeks. Obviously though CAS will wait for the end of the championship and if oly is up by more than 3 points itll be taken away from them. otherwise they will keep the 3 points.

What a horrible day. I am going to become a PEK fan too :P

The good news: It's only football :P

The bad news, we got to reinforce the "loser" label we have worked so hard to maintain for ten years or so.

Congratulations to OFI. I don't much care for playoffs, and I said before we'll be better off in UEFA cup next year.

The other good news: The weather in getting better, and now I don't have to waste my Sundays watching Greek football. I will oil the old mountainbike now and watch how old ladies go by me as if I am stopped :LOL:

Kai tou xronou. We'll have plenty of time to analyze what went wrong this season. Don't let football ruin your mood, get out and help someone in need...

from todays starting 11 there are only 3 players that shouldnt be in. Vyntra, Tziolis and pap. We need a RB with class, a CM with class and a top notch striker. however we will need about 10 to 15 million to get the kind of players that could make this team a true champion. I doubt we will spend it though.

Congratulations to OFI. I don't much care for playoffs, and I said before we'll be better off in UEFA cup next year.

i dont think so.....wed be better off giving the team next year the experience and the amounts of matches in Europe that CL offers......also would force some spending this summer....

UEFA is just a tournament to keep us occupied....we have no realistic shot at winning it or even making it past the quarterfinals...

i want to help .... KALAMARIA. hopefully they could win next matchday and we give them the points to save them WITHOUT THE THREE POINTS THEY FULLY DESERVED AGAINST OLY.

it would be so sweet for them to be safe after this season as they are truly a team that fights til the end.

i dont think so.....wed be better off giving the team next year the experience and the amounts of matches in Europe that CL offers......also would force some spending this summer....

UEFA is just a tournament to keep us occupied....we have no realistic shot at winning it or even making it past the quarterfinals...

You have not been paying attention Drako:

the second place leads to CL qualifying games in MID-JULY!

Here is the timetable the second team players are looking at:

Playoffs

NT prep for EURO08

EURO 08 in mid June

Preseason with PAO (to get ready by mid-july

CL qualification game #1 (good luck playing in Athens mid july)

then what? vacation? probably friendly games until August

CL qualification game #2 in August (imagine not making the groups. The season will be over before it starts)

Superleague games will start two months after the team begins its pre-season.

In a team with so many problems, I think this calendar is a recipe for disaster. There is no way we are going to content for the Superleague title and also have a decent showing in Europe. Our players will be deflated by November.

BTW, there is no way we will complete all the transfers in time for our preseason if it takes place so early...

come to think of it, we might be better off in Intertoto :LOL:

ah ok.....

for some reason i got the impression that there was a CL playoff (between 2nd and 3rd place of superleague) from posts in the thread......i thought it was kind of strange...

so i guess were not even gonna go to the playoffs in 3rd... :tdown:

ah ok.....

for some reason i got the impression that there was a CL playoff (between 2nd and 3rd place of superleague) from posts in the thread......i thought it was kind of strange...

so i guess were not even gonna go to the playoffs in 3rd... :tdown:

Wait, let's sort this one out:

We are in the playoffs no matter what. The champion gets to watch while second to fifth place teams contest for the second CL spot and the UEFA spots.

They play amongst them at the end of the season. Conceivably we can end up in fifth place :o and at best can capture second place in the final SL table (and a SL spot).

The calendar I spoke off comes after the playoffs. With so many caped players we are going to have a really hard time preparing for next season.

PS. (Nevermind my cold calculations. Come time, I will want Panathinaikos to win every single playoff game and to overcome the calendar difficulty...)

Why not? Zenit isn't a bigger club than PAO. Leverkusen aren't that good either (yes they are probably slightly stronger than PAO, but PAO is slightly stronger than Rangers too, and look what happened there). Sporting definitely aren't anything special, and although Getafe battered AEK I'm not so sure AEK took the UEFA Cup seriously this year. Only Bayern seem super-strong, and even they might be on the verge of going out. PAO (and all the top Greek teams) should be aiming to win the UEFA Cup.

Cyberfish you make good points about the time-table and shows that UEFA haven't thought the process through well enough. The play-off system in greece will also negatively impact on euro 2008, so EPO have been short-sighted too.

honestly Cyberfish, PAO playing competitive games and CL qualifying, is definitly one of the BEST things that could happen to this team. I would love, love to see that kick in the ass to this club to GET MOVING EARLY

Every year recently we have a AWFUL preseason, not being prepared, making transfers late and getting off to bad starts. When left to our own devices, we fail at doing things timely and being ready.

Having important games very early FORCE the coach and managers to PREPARE sooner......and preparing sooner for competitive games will result in more game experience and preparation overall by the time we start the regular season. I can promise you it would be great for the team.

As for playing in july, the qualifyers are at night...and even this PAO could take the 2nd round CL teams, and an early challenge is so beneficial to us, seeing as we dont develop rythm in the season for a long time, the earlier we start it, the sooner we can feel comfortable in competitive matches in Greece.

Archived