Phantis Forums

Xanthi-Panathinaikos

athinaios

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't look bad. Xanthi had a lucky break. We need to get it done with those on the field. Our only offensive weapons on the bench are Romero and Papadopoulos ...

Pao123: 67-33 possession for us... and Cyberfish's comments...

How many times have we heard that before? Let's face it, you guys are flops! :tdown:

tragic first half, its a nightmare. (Were doing ok, but that frustration, and being down on a very mediocre shot/counter is total nightmare)

We need two goals. Were doing ok in midfield, but I think the players need to be reminded that Salpiggidis is only 1 meter tall. Hes not going to get your crosses or headers.

Not having Manucho at least as an option has cost us (hes injured right?)

Say what you want about last game,

but i will tell you -

HES FAST

HES TOUGH

HE WINS HEADERS HES TALLL and our teams best player in the air (seeing from last game and those Copa Africa header goals were pretty sweet)

For this chaotic game, i think hed be perfect for finishing off these crosses and making a nuisance in the area.........Salpi is great, but hes useless for this game. Even Papadopoulos (who IS CRAP) should just be thrown forward just as a tall head.....

Or here is another idea everybody will call crazy and stupid, but I beleive it could very well work in this situation

Gkoumas as a point striker - the man is lethal in the air... we need him on defense, but if we put in Sariegi and Nassief to hold it down, having Gkoumas in the area when we throw those balls in the air might be crazy enough to work - TWICE...... the man even has a shot...

Salpi is important to have on the field but its time to move him onto the wing......Center attack hes totally useless against those players. why waste more time hoping hell win a header? change it now, shock them early!

Oh well, nothing of note in this first half besides Xanthi's goal. After that, they camped 9 players in front of their box and just kick the ball away. Galinovic should have deflected that shot.

Why are we the only team gifting such easy goals, and why can't we get break from opponents?

I watched all Olympiakos and AEK games this year and the breaks they get either from opposing defenders, strikers, officials, or courts are out of this world. We need two breaks now.

I suspect we have to risk with 3 defenders Vintra-Goumas-Morris and let Spyropoulo just play in midfield. I think Ivanschitz would be a better third forward than those we have on the bench.

I agree that Manoucho would have been a good fit for this game.

My secret wish: Pap comes in and nails a couple of headers in the first fifteen minutes to redeem himself for missing that penalty in Karaiskaki that would had us six points ahead by now... :LOL:

Pao123: 67-33 possession for us... and Cyberfish's comments...

How many times have we heard that before? Let's face it, you guys are flops!  :tdown:

well at least we dont have to go to the courts to win the championship...
No, but you can't win it on the pitch either.

I'd like to see you guys win it. It will teach that prick Kokkali a lesson after the sacking of Lemoni, it will also be good morally after the Kalamaria incidenet. It will also be good for the Greek league. But we all know it won't happen. You'll equalise in this game, it will finish 1-1 and you'll finish 2nd (again). I think it's a combination of not having enough width & imagination, combined with, and probably more importantly, a psychological block. PAO need to win 2 titles in a row to start believing.

Ha ha, the announcer said "I don't think there was something" when the replays is showing Zuela'z left elbow firmly planted in Ivanschitz's chest, leveling him as he is trying to follow the ball in the box.. :LOL:

My prediction: If we don't score by 70' we'll be in trouble. There will be only 5 minutes of real game after that. :whistle:

we would still be one point ahead of you if it werent for your courts so yes, i guess we would be winning it on the pitch REGARDLESS of this result...its time to think before you speak dude...a disease that plagues many of you gavroi :D

But that's assumming you win every one of your other games, and you know what they say... Assumption is the mother of all F*** ups! ;)

I cant say DUDE is wrong here...likely exactly that will happen. Its a pity.

Sure OSFP won on paper, but we also blew it several times on the pitch. Here being another example. i dont think OSFP are deserved champions, but we wont be either unless we pull the miracles. This wasnt even our hardest game, we had Aris and Panioinos ...oh well now this is our hardest game.

Happy 100 years!

Love,

Your Incompetent Owner,

Giannis Vardinogiannis

I know had this game gone different wed say different things, but looking at how we have no team depth, and the bench players are useless, are injuries over the years, i think its time to make a commitment to raising the standard of play at the club.....for real this time, not just to say it and then buy Dumitru Mitu and Eric Lincar.

its poor depth and injuires causing our crap and bad faith

also our inability to lose HORRIBLE signings like Seric whos getting almost a million euros to sit on the benclh....bad financial decisions much?

Then we get so many injuries...were mising Ninis, Ndoye, Leontiou, and Manucho...

I forgot we do have Romero......I might actually like to see him come on for a 443 with Postiga in the middle and salpi right, romero left.....

I cant say DUDE is wrong here...likely exactly that will happen. Its a pity.

Sure OSFP won on paper, but we also blew it several times on the pitch. Here being another example. i dont think OSFP are deserved champions, but we wont be either unless we pull the miracles. This wasnt even our hardest game, we had Aris and Panioinos ...oh  well now this is our hardest game.

Happy 100 years!

Love,

Your Incompetent Owner,

Giannis Vardinogiannis

I know had this game gone different wed say different things, but looking at how we have no team depth, and the bench players are useless, are injuries over the years,  i think its time to make a commitment to raising the standard of play at the club.....for real this time, not just to say it and then buy Dumitru Mitu and Eric Lincar.

its poor depth and injuires causing our crap and bad faith

also our inability to lose HORRIBLE signings like Seric whos getting almost a million euros to sit on the benclh....bad financial decisions much?

Then we get so many injuries...were mising Ninis, Ndoye, Leontiou, and Manucho...

I forgot we do have Romero......I might actually like to see him come on for a 443 with Postiga in the middle and salpi right, romero left.....

Best post I've seen in a long-time!

popo, 2-0. This is stupid! I'm honestly annoyed! This is PAO we're talking about!! They should be able to beat Xanthi in such an important game ffs!

Archived