Phantis Forums

ALPHA Improvements

Today I noticed that Alpha Australia now shows Australian local times on there commercials for there TV shows finally this was well overdue really glad they have made it happen now well done :) :gr:

Is it happening in the USA also ?? anyone checked lately? :gr:

Hopefully these changes mean they will finally launch the damn website for Alpha Sat which has been saying 'coming soon' for months now. :rolleyes:

Alpha Sat

P.S. Still waiting for ERT to make the change to a localized schedule, is that still happening, does anyone know?!

:gr:

A look at the "Internet Archive" shows the page has been like that since at least 2005: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.alphasat.gr/

I watched for more commercials, and sadly I didnt see any other one list times. Hopefully they will start.

Atleast Alpha has a coming soon site

Alter doesn't even make an attempt that Alter Globe exists lol

Right on Kolossos, what kind of pathetic crap is that?! They have us paying a premium for their damn channels but can't even launch a friggn' website where we can get some information on the programming- show you how much they care about us omogenia :tdown:

What the hell is with Alter, every other channel has something about their international service except for these guys. If you don't want to launch a seperate website then do like MEGA does and create a separate section on the Alter site- how hard is that?! :blink:

A look at the "Internet Archive" shows the page has been like that since at least 2005:

I just discovered this site a few months ago, so I don't know how long its been in existence but 2005- WOW that is unbelievable crap! Why the hell then did they get rid of the Alpha Sat section on the Alpha TV website if they have no plans to ever launch this damn website?!

Atleast Alpha has a coming soon site

Alter doesn't even make an attempt that Alter Globe exists lol

Right on Kolossos, what kind of pathetic crap is that?! They have us paying a premium for their damn channels but can't even launch a friggn' website where we can get some information on the programming- show you how much they care about us omogenia :tdown:

What the hell is with Alter, every other channel has something about their international service except for these guys. If you don't want to launch a seperate website then do like MEGA does and create a separate section on the Alter site- how hard is that?! :blink:

I just discovered this site a few months ago, so I don't know how long its been in existence but 2005- WOW that is unbelievable crap! Why the hell then did they get rid of the Alpha Sat section on the Alpha TV website if they have no plans to ever launch this damn website?!

I didnt know that there was a previous section, but maybe they just bought the site name so no one else would?

Along with Alter Globe, I dont think that Star International has a site either.

Star has no site either but there effort for having a weekly program guide and there whole channel about having times for Aus and US etc makes up for it they actually make an effort and make us part of there channel and shows how they actually care....

• 1 year later...

Alpha Sat has finally started showing commercials with US local times and voice overs (saying Alpha Sat) for a lot of their shows. It looks like the schedule has also been tweaked and will be consistent every week from now on. I see they have added new shows that were not shown previously like "Pame Paketo".

This is long overdue, especially since the previous schedule changed from week to week, and you never knew what was on with out looking on the on screen guide every day.

Funny how it took about a year for the improvements to reach Alpha Sat compared to Alpha International. :LOL:

Hope this continues. :gr:

Good to know that they are putting in place a consistent schedule as I recently started watching this channel and noticed that things changed from one week to the next. The Alpha Sat website is still non-existent, I hope that changes soon. Why can't they even put up a simple site like ANT1 has for ANT1 Satellite & ANT1 Pacific, just basic info in it nothing fancy- how hard is that?!

Regarding programming, I notice none of the gameshows that air on Alpha TV air on Alpha Sat, what's up with that?? I was looking forward to watching Fatus Olus (Greek version of 1 vs 100) but its nowhere to be found on their schedule :tdown: I hope its added at some point and also when does Lazopoulos show air- every week or once in a while?!

Good to know that they are putting in place a consistent schedule as I recently started watching this channel and noticed that things changed from one week to the next.  The Alpha Sat website is still non-existent, I hope that changes soon.  Why can't they even put up a simple site like ANT1 has for ANT1 Satellite & ANT1 Pacific, just basic info in it nothing fancy-  how hard is that?!

Regarding programming, I notice none of the gameshows that air on Alpha TV air on Alpha Sat, what's up with that??  I was looking forward to watching Fatus Olus (Greek version of 1 vs 100) but its nowhere to be found on their schedule :tdown:  I hope its added at some point and also when does Lazopoulos show air- every week or once in a while?!

I think they are finally getting into the process of getting their schedule straighted out. Like I said, I see that "Pame Paketo" will be on tomorrow (Tuesday), a show that Alpha Sat has never played before. So maybe there is still hope for "Fatus Olus".

I expect Alpha Sat to air Alpha TV's new game show "Big in Japan" which premiered on Sunday in Greece since there is hype surrounding it, but I don't see it on the guide yet. Maybe next week? :huh:

Mega Cosmos has also not broadcast some of it's shows on occasion for some strange reason. (Like "Taxi Girl" and "Maria H Asximi" a couple of years back) I think there are also some shows missing from the Ant1 Sat line up too.

Regarding Lazopoulos' show, I think I had read that for the 2008-2009 season, he only does 1 show every 3 weeks or something like that. And just this week, a new show premiered on Alpha TV created Lazopoulos titled "Otan O Lakis Den Einai Edo". (To substitute his absence between shows I guess? I'm not sure though.) That premiers tomorrow on Alpha Sat, before "Pame Paketo". The guide describes it as "The caustic humor of Lakis Lazopoulos satirizes current events." :la:

What i have heard about the show of Lazopoulos was that he will start again on February since he was involved with the Aliki Vougiouklaki show on the same channel and that also he was waiting to see how the new management of Alpha will act towards him.

What i have heard about the show of Lazopoulos was that he will start again on February since he was involved with the Aliki Vougiouklaki show on the same channel and that also he was waiting to see how the new management of Alpha will act towards him.

Funny since I think he is also involved with that "

Alpha Sat has finally started showing commercials with US local times and voice overs (saying Alpha Sat) for a lot of their shows. It looks like the schedule has also been tweaked and will be consistent every week from now on. I see they have added new shows that were not shown previously like "Pame Paketo".

This is long overdue, especially since the previous schedule changed from week to week, and you never knew what was on with out looking on the on screen guide every day.

Funny how it took about a year for the improvements to reach Alpha Sat compared to Alpha International. :LOL:

Hope this continues. :gr:

They have started to do the same here also now more commercials with voices saying this time on " Alpha Australia " etc

Only thing I've noticed now they are showing nearly everything Live now so this means some of the good shows they used to show at night here in primetime viewing they now show during the day when nobody is home... this is the only thing that I don't like about it but I guess will see what happens and see if they stick to this schedule...

Hmm, I looked at the Australian schedule and you are right. The Alpha International schedule looks a bit strange.

We also get live shows here (and have since the beginning), like "Kalimera Sas" and "Kafes Me Tin Eleni", and of course the news, but it seems to work well. They are during the early morning hours, and Alpha Sat just replays them again during normal US morning hours later on. (Ant1 Sat. does the same thing) Overall, our schedule is like a normal schedule you would see in Greece. (I mean with prime time shows during US local prime time, morning shows during the morning, ect)

The main problem with Alpha Sat. was that the prime time schedule would change from week to week. But that seems to have been fixed now. (Hopefully it will stay that way)

You can see the US schedule for Alpha Sat here if you are interested:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZC...&channelCnt=816

Hopefully the schedule for Alpha International gets sorted out soon. The channel has some good shows.

On another note, does anyone think that they will go after any International sports rights in the future? :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived