Phantis Forums

PAOK - Panathinaikos

MadBoy13

Well, I see that--and I hate to say this--we may have to pick a target this year. I'm concerned about the Rangers and then AEK stretch.

I just don't know if we are good enough, and with the depth needed to go after both.  If we are to have a chance, we must beat AEK.

My impression has been that the club has made the superleague first priority this year.

Although I think it would be wise to take a wait and see approach with the UEFA cup. We have good chances of advancing beyond Rangers, and I don't think we can afford to shun the competition if we reach the sixteen. If we do, we could be embarrassed. Nothing but a fighting exit would be adequate for me, even if it comes against Rangers.

Beyond that, the our secret goal might be the coveted second champions league spot. In a way, being out of the Greek cup is a blessing, I just wish we had exited a bit more gracefully.

I like where we are right now, and I like the way we play. Has anyone else noticed the constant whining to the referee has been eliminated? The team has better confidence this season, and I am beginning to see the signs of good football attitude.

Peseiro said today that this is a long distance race. Anyone who has ever done track and field would tell you that all you want is to be in a position to win it all in the end. In a sense, the last 100 meters are usually the most important ones.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very true...the team that can pull it off when it is most needed is the one that will win the chamionship...i believe in our teams resolve..i think our players are really hungry for the championship this year..uefa will be interesting too..i believe we can run with the top clubs so i dont think e should count it out by any means...

Look, of course it's nice to go after the UEFA, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely want the championship on our centenial year! Let's not forget that this is our 100th year. :rolleyes:

What I was saying before, we have Rangers and then AEK. 2 huge games within 3-4 days. We must beat AEK so we can overtake them.

Archived