Phantis Forums

PAOK - Panathinaikos

MadBoy13

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love watching how Mattos gives the ball with one touch and a second later he has moved into position to receive it again! Our midfield is doing an excellent job so far. Maybe Karagounis is a bit of no-show but Tziolis, Mattos, and esp. Ivan are really good today. Maybe we'll see Gonzales or Ninis, and Postiga in the second half.

Paok looks disjointed and we should score again before the half is over...

paides o Mattos einai megalos paixtis!!! to paidi tha kanei megali kariera kai euxomai na einai stin panatha!!!! :tup:

PS. megalos xaraktiras o salpi... parolo pou olo to gipedo tou vrizei tin mana autos stekete sto ipsos tou! oxi opos kati konstantinoi..

Yeah, thanks for bringing this up. Salpi is a class act.

This is a sport that evokes many strong emotions but I don't like the culture of savages and the violence.

PS>I hope Salpi teaches all of us here not be measured and civil in our responses/posts :D

Ok first half is over. Pao played a safe game , controlling the ball in the midfield and never risking too much. the few times we were pressed in the back were by individual errors by our players tryin to do too much instead of just sticking to the game plan and playing it safe.

The first 15 minutes was dominated by pao having 3 chances to score in the process.

The stats dont show what the game has been like. Pao has 54% possession but something like 90% of PAOKS possession has been behind the midfield line. once they get into our territory they rush to make passes often ending in mistakes.

We should score at least one more goal in the second half and not give them the wings. they are playing with 5 midfielders on offence and two of them scamper back when pao is in possesion or counter attacking.

That is a great system. the 3-5-2. i really like it. Ajax made that famous in the 70's. Unfortunately for PAOK, they are nowhere in the same universe in talent with that Ajax team and in order for the 3-5-2 to work u have to have speedy wingers. Another thing that doesnt help PAOk is that this is the first time this season they are playing this system.

I dont see how we will give up a goal in the second half. we are making them make mistakes even in the last 20 minutes when we were not really pressing them at all.

id liek to see a quick goal and then see postiga come on. he needs time to get into the teams environnement.

Bad game from Sariegi.

I dont agree that Kara is a no show. He is doing alot of little things like staying back a bit when matos and Tziolis push up which is often.

True that matos is sensational. i agree. he is just pure class. even when he makes a mistake and looks bad, he looks good. im sure he is the type of guy that always says the truth , even when he lies.

id liek to see Spyropoulos on the left in the upcoming games. it always seems that when we have the ball on the left, vyntra, who admire defensively, just cant do it offensively and he is a right back anyway.

Eki will surely come on around the 70th especially if we score a 2nd.

PAOK cant string two passes together. we would make a huge huge faux pas if we dont get 3 points here today.

Salpi missed a sitter he should gone in closer. thats ok. we should win.

i think we should mention the professionalism of salpi. imagine having to play against pao as an opponent. i wouldnt be able. not only he is facing his former and beloved team but he scored a goal as well. he is gettin yelled at, cirsed at and is putting in a major performance. thumbs up/

Oh, come on guys! Sarriegi got PAO out of a really tight spot with that foul. It was Goumas' error that led to that foul in the first place. Btw, we need to dominate the game again because PAOK are getting adventurous. As for the paoktsides cursing Salpi, no one is more ungrateful than those who owe you... I agree that Salpi is giving the example of what competitive sport is all about: passion and effort relieved from vulgarity and violence.

Oh, come on guys! Sarriegi got PAO out of a really tight spot with that foul. It was Goumas' error that led to that foul in the first place. Btw, we need to dominate the game again because PAOK are getting adventurous. As for the paoktsides cursing Salpi, no one is more ungrateful than those who owe you... I agree that Salpi is giving the example of what competitive sport is all about: passion and effort relieved from vulgarity and violence.

true about Goumas. His weak spot is when he pushes to defend beyond centerfield and gets caught flat footed when speedy opponents go by him...

BTW, I am also watching Olympiakos-Aris and Halkias has been excellent in keeping the 0-0

I don't know why we have lost the midfield in the last 4 minutes. Maybe because Mattos got tired... The subs are in Simao for Mattos, and Gonzales for Karagounis.

Archived