Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Panathinaikos

MadBoy13

edo tha sxoliazoume se osa exei na kanei me ta 2 derby pou akoulouthoun me ton olympiako!! pame gera panatha!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERLEAGUE

- Sunday, January 13, 2008

- 19.00 at Karaiskaki (local time)

- Live from ERT world

- matchday 16

- Referee: -

CUP GAME

- Wednesday, January 16, 2008

- 21.30 at Karaiskaki (local time)

- Live From Ant1 Satellite (live from Alpha in Greece)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In more constructive mode:

It will be an interesting game. EraSport reporter suggested that the cup game is more important for both teams because it's a playoff game while the SL game won't determine much since there are so many games ahead.

I disagree with the filtato reporter regarding the SL game. Loosing at Oly will seal this season for Pao. If we win there things will be good, while Oly needs a bad loss like that to send them into a tailspin for the season. If they win, they will keep riding their high horse to another championship. Those who think there are many games ahead haven't really been watching Greek football for long.

Personally, I do not expect the championship this year, but I want to win these games against Oly if we are to establish a winning attitude.

It's going to be a good game, and if Oly plays open, we can win. If Oly plays their Euro katenatsio we'll have trouble because I think our fullbacks don't match very well with the skilled Oly wingers one-on-one.

This game is going to be decided in the details. I think Goumas and Sariegi can handle Kovacevic (Morris would have been perfect for this game but he is not available), but Galleti can give us trouble. Looking at our PAO team, we don't have a real offensive threat that Olympiakos will worry about (besides Salpigidis). None of our midfielders or other forwards would give an opposing coach nightmares to be honest (IMO it's not a bad thing to rely on team play instead of individuals). We have to rely on team play with suffocating defense in midfield and quick forward passes like we did in Madrid.

It's still early, but here are my thoughts on the lineup.

We should play our normal 4-4-2 with Vintra at LB, Papadopoulos up front, and Ivanschitz on the left. I don't think Seric or Fyssas can handle the skill and pace of Galleti. Vintra has recovering speed and quick reactions away from our box. Ivanschitz should take advantage of Olympiakos' agressive right wing by pushing forward as much as possible. Papadopoulos I think is better suited emotionally for this game than the skilled N'doye or the slower Mantzios, although I would not be upset to see any of these three next to Salpi.

I am not worried about this game though. I think we can take it with a little luck. Olympiakos' arrogance can be another weapon for us...

Actually, I think all 3 results are possible, and it'll depend how the players take advantage of the opportunities.

I agree with Cyberfish that if there's a loser, things will be bad for them. I don't know how these 2 teams will approach the game though. If gavroi come out to win it it'll be better for us too, and a better chance to beat them.

I think Pesseiro is looking to use players who've lived this kind of a derby several times before. So, Fyssas is in, I think. Also, Pap.

This is going to be an interesting season. Oly has become more like PAO, having a very hard time beating lesser teams that play defense. I don't know what to expect regarding the title. Any of the top 3 can get it. Probably the derbies this year will even be more important as all 3 big teams waste points all over the league.

Beating your main opponent twice give you a net of 12 points! That's a biggie.

In more constructive mode:

It will be an interesting game. EraSport reporter suggested that the cup game is more important for both teams because it's a playoff game while the SL game won't determine much since there are so many games ahead.

I disagree with the filtato reporter regarding the SL game. Loosing at Oly will seal this season for Pao. If we win there things will be good, while Oly needs a bad loss like that to send them into a tailspin for the season. If they win, they will keep riding their high horse to another championship. Those who think there are many games ahead haven't really been watching Greek football for long.

Personally, I do not expect the championship this year, but I want to win these games against Oly if we are to establish a winning attitude.

It's going to be a good game, and if Oly plays open, we can win. If Oly plays their Euro katenatsio we'll have trouble because I think our fullbacks don't match very well with the skilled Oly wingers one-on-one.

This game is going to be decided in the details. I think Goumas and Sariegi can handle Kovacevic (Morris would have been perfect for this game but he is not available), but Galleti can give us trouble. Looking at our PAO team, we don't have a real offensive threat that Olympiakos will worry about (besides Salpigidis). None of our midfielders or other forwards would give an opposing coach nightmares to be honest (IMO it's not a bad thing to rely on team play instead of individuals). We have to rely on team play with suffocating defense in midfield and quick forward passes like we did in Madrid.

It's still early, but here are my thoughts on the lineup.

We should play our normal 4-4-2 with Vintra at LB, Papadopoulos up front, and Ivanschitz on the left. I don't think Seric or Fyssas can handle the skill and pace of Galleti. Vintra has recovering speed and quick reactions away from our box. Ivanschitz should take advantage of Olympiakos' agressive right wing by pushing forward as much as possible. Papadopoulos I think is better suited emotionally for this game than the skilled N'doye or the slower Mantzios, although I would not be upset to see any of these three next to Salpi.

I am not worried about this game though. I think we can take it with a little luck. Olympiakos' arrogance can be another weapon for us...

IMO we should play a 4-3-2-1 system

with Matos Tziolis and Kara as DM's and Ivanschitz N'Doy as forwarding midfielders.

Salpi on top of our offense. N'Doy could instead aswell be Pap who knows to play this position aswell.

On Defense i would play Nilson and Fyssas. Dont forget that vyntra is very easy making mistakes. Fyssas is way better he got balls for such a game and he is a real Panathinaikara.He can aswell help offensive when the chance is given.

i agree..but fyssas is alittle slow for galetti..seric is not that much faster but fyssas has the advantage of experience and that caries a long way...as for nilson, the swede has to be a permanent fixture in our starting 11, unless we bring a better right back..the man has been great in 90% of the matches he has played this season..he is one of the reasons our defense has been solid..morris will be a big miss, but i trust both sariegi and goumas in the back..as for our attack, i believe pap has to play..he has been pretty bad so far this season but he has derby expeiernce and always comes out hard vs olympiakos..we will also have ninis and eki at our disposal..ivansitchz should play high to exploit oly's attacking right side.

i think peseiro should be comfortable transforming the team into 2 or 3 formations, using them appropriately judging by the flow of the match..unfortuantly, he has dissapointed me the whole season with his lack of adaptation. hopefully this will change with the introduction of ninis and eki to the team..lets hope they add the 'flair' that we have been lacking...

all in all we need a solid team performance to win, which i believe we are capable of doing..it all depends on which pao shows up to karaiskaki..if we come out like we did vs aek and atletico, we should be able to pull off a win..if we come out hesitant then oly will crush us...

this game is up for grabs really, and it will be a strong test for the team....lets see how they react.

i hope the team stays healthy this week and there is a great derby this weekend..

i agree..but fyssas is alittle slow for galetti..seric is not that much faster but fyssas has the advantage of experience and that caries a long way...as for nilson, the swede has to be a permanent fixture in our starting 11, unless we bring a better right back..the man has been great in 90% of the matches he has played this season..he is one of the reasons our defense has been solid..morris will be a big miss, but i trust both sariegi and goumas in the back..as for our attack, i believe pap has to play..he has been pretty bad so far this season but he has derby expeiernce and always comes out hard vs olympiakos..we will also have ninis and eki at our disposal..ivansitchz should play high to exploit oly's attacking right side.

i think peseiro should be comfortable transforming the team into 2 or 3 formations, using them appropriately judging by the flow of the match..unfortuantly, he has dissapointed me the whole season with his lack of adaptation. hopefully this will change with the introduction of ninis and eki to the team..lets hope they add the 'flair' that we have been lacking...

all in all we need a solid team performance to win, which i believe we are capable of doing..it all depends on which pao shows up to karaiskaki..if we come out like we did vs aek and atletico, we should be able to pull off a win..if we come out hesitant then oly will crush us...

this game is up for grabs really, and it will be a strong test for the team....lets see how they react.

i hope the team stays healthy this week and there is a great derby this weekend..

As far as i can recall all the games against good teams which played open football PAO played there his best games either tacticaly or qualitively.

PAO has the stuff to play against offensive teams.

Since Oly is playing infront of their fans they ll have to play offensive to win which is what fans expect. This is what provides more pressure to Oly than to PAO.

Galetti seems to be playing but dont forget that he came from an injury and imo wont be 100%. Ledesma seems to be missing . So if we play a good setup something maybe like what the coach of Tripoli does we got more than 50% chances to win this game.

re guys relax.. friendlies are not made to be won neccesarily. stop judging too quickly. we need friendlies to playt certain players that have had little or no time.

dadamis, lagos , katsikis, darlas,padidas karnezis all had little or no playing time. tsigkas as well. from what i heard on supersport, he tried playing eki as a dekari for 25 minutes and he gave two breakaways.. one to pap and the other to tsigkas. Ninis played as a RB thats right RB for 20 minutes and then RWM and dekari. he was a little off but showed signs of his talent throughout.

Tsigkas was ok and showed that he is capable of playing for pao.

Dont forget that OLY lost 5 preseason games and even DUDE said they would get raped in europe. its just a friendly.

I would feel a lot better if Mattos can play, but if he were to risk major injury it's best to sit out this one.

Simao has proven in the game against Atletico that he can play the position and that he has the mental disposition for big games. Let's hope Mattos plays, and if not, let's hope the rest of the players can pick up their game.

Archived