Phantis Forums

george21

I see AEK running away with a slender win, Tripolis have a very strong defence but that's about it.

@Kolokotronis, Arrubarenna is an excellent signing for AEK... he's the best LB in all of Greece and AEK are lucky to have this guy. I think a problem for our defence (and maybe team in general) is communication between our new signings, Macho speaks Austrian (English?), Moretto speaks Portuguese, Ramos speaks Portuguese, Alves speaks Portuguese and Arrubarenna speaks Spanish. Then you take into consideration that this is a Greek team with a manager that speaks spanish. That lanuguage barrier I believe has lead to some confusion in our defence/team, but by next season I'd imagine everyone one of those guys should be able to speak and understand a moderate amount of Greek. Greece is a difficult league to adjust to because of the culture, but so far the players seem to be adjusting well enough.

@Dava G, Pappas is a overrated. He often runs the ball into deadends, he's not Maradonna so I don't know why he tries that as often as he does when there are better options available around him. I think he's a good player though and he can make excellent runs at the defence, he justs needs to use his possession more wisely and I think that will happen with more experience.

I have no complaints about the way Ferrer has set up the team, I like his policies and AEK haven't been playing this well in the past 4 years. There's really no reason to complain. Our team has scored the most and has conceded the least in league play and are seriously contending for a championship that's rigged against their favour. I'm impressed with the state of things and I know things are only getting better. I'm not exactly pleased with the results in Europe, but we're still there.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corner won by Manu.

Cesar takes it.

Cleared. Throw-in for AEK.

Center but no one in front of an open goal to kick it in.

AEK are now really putting on the pressure. But to no avail.

Tripolis keep coming with the fast counters.

Either we turn this around, or we lose with one or two goals more ...

Archived