Phantis Forums

Atletiko-PAO

athinaios

Don't worry guys. Romero will "clean" the game :LOL:

I too would prefer to see ninis in his place, but some say that due to him being young he lacks in strength, hence his injury.

Anyway if the line up is true, then we are going to see a very defensive and non creative team. Which in a strange way I prefer with such an opponent, given the scoring disability which we suffer from.

Tziolis, simao, mattos. 3DM I don't recall them playing together before.

Then upfront we have romero, pap and salpi.

Some say this will be a 4-3-3. But perhaps it would be best to do a 4-5-1, with pap and romero just behind salpi as AM's.

Anyway it's a new formation and change is nice when the team hits bottom.

We need players! I read today that we turned down Kovacevic just before he signed with oly! What's going on in this team?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too would prefer to see ninis in his place, but some say that due to him being young he lacks in strength, hence his injury.

Anyway if the line up is true, then we are going to see a very defensive and non creative team. Which in a strange way I prefer with such an opponent, given the scoring disability which we suffer from.

Some say this will be a 4-3-3. But perhaps it would be best to do a 4-5-1, with pap and romero just behind salpi as AM's.

We need players! I read today that we turned down Kovacevic just before he signed with oly! What's going on in this team?

Come on in summer if someone told you that PAO would sign a 34 or 35 year old Forward you would be shouting that they didnt learn their lessons from the Past like with Conceisao. Now that the player has showed his class with Oly you shout why didnt we get him.

I am not so disturbed that we turned him down. But i am disturbed that we got noone at all for this kind of play and try with N'Doye who doesnt seem to be a Forward after all.

Come on in summer if someone told you that PAO would sign a 34 or 35 year old Forward you would be shouting that they didnt learn their lessons from the Past like with Conceisao. Now that the player has showed his class with Oly you shout why didnt we get him.

I am not so disturbed that we turned him down. But i am disturbed that we got noone at all for this kind of play and try with N'Doye who doesnt seem to be a Forward after all.

Yes, probably, that's what I would have said. But I'm not a scouter. I'm not responsible to know what physical condition Kovasevic is in. That's a scouter's job. Or a technical manager's job. Judging from the sort of players we've seen in the past years I'd say we suffer in this field. Except mattos and dimoutsos, I can't think of any special player we got this season. Karagounis, endoye, enakarire, sariegi are not above medium players.

And you are right we should have bought a CF. Perhaps a good header like Kovacevic? B)

Yes, probably, that's what I would have said. But I'm not a scouter. I'm not responsible to know what physical condition Kovasevic is in. That's a scouter's job. Or a technical manager's job. Judging from the sort of players we've seen in the past years I'd say we suffer in this field. Except mattos and dimoutsos, I can't think of any special player we got this season. Karagounis, endoye, enakarire, sariegi are not above medium players.

And you are right we should have bought a CF. Perhaps a good header like Kovacevic? B)

Karagounis is way more than average. but the Problem is his beeing positioned on the completely false area to play. If Peseiro did play a 4-3-1-2 he could play him as a 10ari and then he would be way more effective for us.

he played more one the wing though, even though he had a free role. and with two DM's always behind you, you rarely get the support needed to advance.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

I completely agree with ya.

The problem is even though Peseiro wants to play offensive he stack on 2 DM's all the time. I would understand to play with 2 DMs in a Derby or in an extremely hard opponent in International games but come on 2 DM's against PANIONIOS Tripoli Veroia etc. Is s%$#!.

Where is the ROMBOS we kept hearing all the summer which was his favourite system?

Even though i want to keep once a coach for more than half a season, i dont think Peseiro till now diserves this chance.

Karagounis has been one of our worst players this year and no excuse would change this fact. He slows down our game, he is irritated half the time, and overdoes it with dribbling. His long forward passes are hit or miss, his short passes in the past two games have found opponents half the time, and his vision of the field is very limited.

Everyone seems to think that he would be better as a 10 (whatever that means). I don't remember, when was the last time Karagounis played in such a position?

Granted, he shows passion, he is a fan of Panathinaikos, and he is an above average midfielder, but I think his abilities and expectations have been greatly exaggerated. I think our team would be worst if we relied exclusively on Karagounis for the creative part of our game.

If we are to play with a so-called 10, Ivanschitz is much better suited for the role.

PS. I agree with the 2 DMs comments. We should be able to play with only one against weaker teams, or if we have two DMs in the game, both our offensive midfielders should be able to camp in the opponent's box without worrying about defending. Have you noticed how little our midfielders step in the opposing penalty area?

I hear that Pesseiro is fielding 4-5-1.

Atletiko is by far the best team PAO has played this season, and Spain is the only country that's a disaster for our team. We always lose there, so I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Can't wait for the game to start....

I hear that Pesseiro is fielding 4-5-1.

Atletiko is by far the best team PAO has played this season, and Spain is the only country that's a disaster for our team. We always lose there, so I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Can't wait for the game to start....

M

34' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Salpi! Bravo! :tup:

Well deserved. Salpi got the ball a little past the midfield and advanced smartly... Nice finish!

Now, let's go to the break 0-1. Get a breather and control the second half. Atletiko is through too, so they may submit to fate :LOL:

Archived