Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

Guest TheLegend

So can some one confirm that Manucho is ours?

His getting some massive publicity at the Nations Cup for Angola :whistle: 3 goals in 2 games :)

As for Morris he did Pao proud by giving a dodgy back pass and causing South Africa to lose against Tunisia :LOL:

Manchester United FC have confirmed that Angola striker Mateus Alberto Contreiras Gonçalves – better known as Manucho – will join the club on a three-year deal when the transfer window opens in January.

Successful trial

The 24-year-old, who has scored two goals in ten international appearances, joins the English champions from Petro Atlético Luanda in his homeland subject to a successful work permit application, having impressed on trial at Old Trafford. "We have had Manucho here for a three-week trial and have been impressed enough to offer him a three-year contract," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, whose side face Olympique Lyonnais in the UEFA Champions League first knockout round after today's draw. "He is a tall, agile and quick forward and through contacts that Carlos [Queiroz, United's assistant manager] has, he was brought to our attention around six months ago."

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ok.. i just wrote that message... but i have a feeling PAO has signed a player. i dont know why but i just have that feeling. if it is D'Alessandro i will cry. he is the ultimate Midfielder. i pray.. i dont know why, it might be a moment of weakness but i just have a feeling pao has signed someone.

to be continued

So can some one confirm that Manucho is ours?

His getting some massive publicity at the Nations Cup for Angola  :whistle: 3 goals in 2 games :)

As for Morris he did Pao proud by giving a dodgy back pass and causing South Africa to lose against Tunisia :LOL:

Manchester United FC have confirmed that Angola striker Mateus Alberto Contreiras Gonçalves – better known as Manucho – will join the club on a three-year deal when the transfer window opens in January.

Successful trial

The 24-year-old, who has scored two goals in ten international appearances, joins the English champions from Petro Atlético Luanda in his homeland subject to a successful work permit application, having impressed on trial at Old Trafford. "We have had Manucho here for a three-week trial and have been impressed enough to offer him a three-year contract," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, whose side face Olympique Lyonnais in the UEFA Champions League first knockout round after today's draw. "He is a tall, agile and quick forward and through contacts that Carlos [Queiroz, United's assistant manager] has, he was brought to our attention around six months ago."

i hope we get d'alessandro but that would be too amazing to be true....

but to be fair, Tzigger OWES us a big signing AND a title as it is our 100 YEARS and excuses have to end now....

if its the other argentine Montenegro well i dont know much about him but I dont think they willl be as good..

i hope we get d'alessandro but that would be too amazing to be true....

but to be fair, Tzigger OWES us a big signing AND a title as it is our 100 YEARS and excuses have to end now....

if its the other argentine Montenegro well i dont know much about him but I dont think they willl be as good..

That balla.gr scenario could only be true if Cardoso had an EU passport which is highly unlikely. Since we only have room for one foreigner in the squad and Manucho counts as a foreigner it is simply impossible to sign both players. There are other inaccuracies on that site: Cardoso -who is an unbelievable player and a great prospect- has already played for the national team so he is not just capped with the U20s. In another article, they say that Denis is a midfielder when he is definitely a forward. I think it's just another wild guess of an anonymous 'journalist' who has nothing to lose and everything to gain from saying the opposite from everybody else: if it works out he is the magka, if not he doesn't even sign with his name. Unfortunately, he hasn't even done his research - I mean how hard is it to check the plausibility of your fairytale? Well, I wish I was wrong about the passport because this scenario is really too good to be true!

That balla.gr scenario could only be true if Cardoso had an EU passport which is highly unlikely. Since we only have room for one foreigner in the squad and Manucho counts as a foreigner it is simply impossible to sign both players. There are other inaccuracies on that site: Cardoso -who is an unbelievable player and a great prospect- has already played for the national team so he is not just capped with the U20s. In another article, they say that Denis is a midfielder when he is definitely a forward. I think it's just another wild guess of an anonymous 'journalist' who has nothing to lose and everything to gain from saying the opposite from everybody else: if it works out he is the magka, if not he doesn't even sign with his name. Unfortunately, he hasn't even done his research - I mean how hard is it to check the plausibility of your fairytale? Well, I wish I was wrong about the passport because this scenario is really too good to be true!

In the article about Denis they dont state that he is an midfielder

And Manucho istn here yet so i am not so sure if we get him or not.

Tsoglani, I am refering to the balla.gr article and not your comment and in that article it is pretty clear that, according to their 'sources', PAO is going for both players, which is, well, impossible, if Cardoso does not have an EU passport. This is inaccurate enough as it is to make me suspicious about the way they see journalism on that site (not to mention the fact that the piece is published anonymously). As for Denis, they say he is a 'mesoepithetikos' which means, I think, a midfielder with offensive qualities: Denis

That is probably what Football Manager lists him as, but it's more than ceratin that Denis is more of a center forward than the likes of Postiga. In any case, there is no point in bothering about this, since we will soon know for good. Let's hope for the best.

ok...despite all the speculation we have about 30 hours until the transfer window closes so lets wrap up the OFFICIAL changes to the squad..i hope there will be a last day surprise for us, but if not, i think the team will be more then fine...

Out-

Enakarhire-loan contract expired, back to dinamo moscow

Manztios-out on loan until the end of the season to Frankfurt. 300.000. I heard there was no official clause with an option to buy.

Tsigas-Sold to Atromitos

Siontis-On loan to Kerkyra until the end of the season.

In-

Helder Postiga-on loan from Porto with the option to buy in the summer.

Nikos Spyropoulos-signed from Panionio for 2.000.000 on a 4.5 year contract

Antonis Petropoulos-signed from Egaleo on a 4.5 year contract

Tsoglani, I am refering to the balla.gr article and not your comment and in that article it is pretty clear that, according to their 'sources', PAO is going for both players, which is, well, impossible, if Cardoso does not have an EU passport. This is inaccurate enough as it is to make me suspicious about the way they see journalism on that site (not to mention the fact that the piece is published anonymously). As for Denis, they say he is a 'mesoepithetikos' which means, I think, a midfielder with offensive qualities: Denis

That is probably what Football Manager lists him as, but it's more than ceratin that Denis is more of a center forward than the likes of Postiga. In any case, there is no point in bothering about this, since we will soon know for good. Let's hope for the best.

Guest TheLegend

If Manucho is going to MAN utd. officialy how does he have anything to do with PAO?

Guest TheLegend

On June 6 2007 he signed a contract at Zaragoza, keeping him at the club until 2011. That would mean mucho $$$ for him. Your talking over 5m now. Not gona happened 99.9% sure especialy in the next 2 days unless somehow he gets sold really cheap

Archived