Phantis Forums

Pao-artmedia

slick13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good performance and I like that the team tried, something that wouldn't have done in the past.

{gademi Vyntra}

But, let's not kid ourselves, playing against Artmedia isn't a good euro test. But, I also believe success brings success & builds up confidence.

We have a couple domestic league games coming up so that we could get several points. If this continues, I think PAO will become better and better. I wasn't in favor of firing Munoz, but I think Pesseiro has gotten this team working well. Let's see....

some people are crazy... i pay $20 & watch them on a TV in NY & skip work whenever i can... if i were in Greece i would be there.... :gr:

BRAVO TO THE PAO BOYS... GOOD LUCK TO US NEXT ROUND

just when i starting losing faith in Paps he shuts me up with a hat trick

Ok after watching the match again, i must say i am really impressed with three players. not that the others were bad. but these three were really in top form.

First off. Tziolis. He was all over the field. he controlled the ball and dished it out where it was necessary.He also won every challenge that went his way and, as opposed to last year, didnt slow the game down. He is truly becoming a great player and is only 22 years old.

The Second player that really showed me something was Dimoutsos. He is quick, agile and just plain knows how to hold onto the ball. he never or rarely makes a mistake, even at his young age of 19, and always gives 100%.the way he handles the ball down the line reminds me of Ninis last year at his best.

And the third player that impressed me was Nilsson. This is a guy who went through tons of injuries up until last january, has to deal with having vyntra as a challenge who for some reason, has the faith of almost every manager that has coached him, and yet, quietly moves from RB to Lb and back and just plain is dominant. i can not remember Nilsson looking out of placeon the left side other then the game last year in PSG where he had Theodoridis in front of him barely helping out.i feel that when Seric and/or Darlas and/or Fyssas get regular playing time, that Nilsson will be a solid RB for us for the next few years. At least i hope so.

other notables were obviously pap with his three goals but 2 with penalty, Ndoye who won the penalty and had a wonderful give and go with dimoutso that nearly ended in a goal, but looks to be looking too hard for that goal. when he gets a few meals in him before sunset, i think he will get more and more comfortable and make a huge impact.

i also really like Seric when he came on. He played at LM and did so very well. he actually made three great crosses and won the penalty, even though it wasnt a penalty.

But if u look at the play leading up to the third goal/penalty, the ball was exchanged with three headers and two passes without touching the ground.. i have not seen that from pao in years.

With Ninis, Eki and Ivan soon all at Peseiros disposal, i can only hope for bigger and better things.

besides, we were only playing Artmedia, the team that beat Celtic 5-0 and defeated porto in Portugal 2-3

Our midfield is the strongest since the first Kyrastas year. Kudos to Peseiro who prepares and fields a very confident and determined team. We all liked Munoz (he got the raw deal by getting the team in mid-season), but Peseiro seems to have been the right move.

Everything is different this year:

We don't waste entire halves any more. The team gets in and establishes its presence right away from the first minute.

We create many chances, and we score in different ways. Besides the first game against Oly, we have scored two or more goals, and all our (regular) forwards have scored.

Our offensive behavior is not predictable any longer. We attack from every possible angle, and in any possible way. Our play up the middle of the field is excellent, as is our play from the wings. More importantly, we don't rely on one player but on group play to break down defenses.

We push the ball into the opponent's box from every angle (hence the penalties we have won so far).

The team's defensive behavior has been exceptional up to now. Malartz is a very lonely man indeed. So far all our opponents have come close to our goal only through freekicks and long balls.

Our conditioning is exceptional, and players push forward and press the opponents high all game long.

I for once have enjoyed every single game I saw this year, and especially I enjoyed the one yesterday.

As for players, I agree completely with Nikosvazelos above. Tziolis was a "ball magnet" yesterday. He is still young and works hard. He is always in position to win the first ball in midfield, and he is quick to distribute it around.

I can't say enough good things about Dimoutsos. He is very skilled on the ball, he defends like a bulldog, he is very clever, and plays with attitude. At 19, he is a joy to watch.

Nice job PAO :tup: :tup: :tup:

Archived