Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Turkey - Greece

plato-ny

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to say that the Turkish people in the stadium showed more class and actally applauded our team after the game.I take my hat out to them. :tup: This should be a lesson for us.

Screw appropriate man, we just won. Are they appropriate!?

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Appropriate is when Turkish television calls the visiting team ...."GREECE" and not Yunanistan. What does that mean.

Where am I from.....Canadanistan????

I applaud the Turkish fans who applauded the Greek teams afterwards but I did notice a smoke bomb or two before the internet feed cut out.

The net result is......GREECE IS BACK IN THE EUROS.

0-1 Greece. Final Score. Congratulations and best of luck in the EURO, all Greek mates.. :whistle:

"Yunanistan" is Greece in Turkish and Canada is Kanada, Portugal is Portekiz, Georgia is Gurcistan, Japan is Japonya.. -ya and -istan means "the land of" in Turkish, so Yunanistan means "the land of Greeks". just to clarify a misunderstanding..

Good Luck in the EURO and congrats to Otto for fielding better players than the reputed ones, unlike Terim did..

0-1 Greece. Final Score. Congratulations and best of luck in the EURO, all Greek mates..   :whistle:

"Yunanistan" is Greece in Turkish and Canada is Kanada, Portugal is Portekiz, Georgia is Gurcistan, Japan is Japonya.. -ya and -istan means "the land of" in Turkish, so Yunanistan means "the land of Greeks". just to clarify a misunderstanding..

Good Luck in the EURO and congrats to Otto for fielding better players than the reputed ones, unlike Terim did..

Thanks for the clarification. My Turkish is very weak as you have guessed and thanks for the congratulations as well.

Archived