Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Turkey - Greece

plato-ny

Mediocre half of football. Sloppy passes, way too many long balls, and casual finishing. I thought we were at our best the last five minutes. Dellas is carelessly lunging at balls and that can be dangerous for us, especially when Kyrgiakos is pushing up.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

overall a balanced game. I think the question is who is more tired? If we are tired we will give up a goal. I think the Turks are more tired, they can't play at that pace. We have sat back and absorbed the pressure. I think Basinas has been weak. I think that Giorkas is having a good game. It is only a matter of time before Lybe comes in and finishes them off. He is a finisher. Amantitidis is playing with no confidence.

Go Greece!

45 more minutes to go.I am really happy so far because we are playing tough and try to win this game while Turkey looks lost so far.I just wish that we could have scored at least once so we can bring even more pressure to them.

ELLADA GERA ME TSAMPOUKA :gr: :gr: :gr:

I've said it many times on this forum and I'll say it again.

Turkey has some good offensive players and generally speaking they put players with offensive skills on the pitch. This usually means some of their players aren't good on defense in their own end. This is happening in this game but Greece can't take advantage of this.

Greece had a 4 on 1 chance the pass went to the only Turkish player. Moments later Torisidis had a point blank shot and there was another chance not too long ago.

Turkey has had 2 decent chances so Greece have outchanced them 3-2 but I believe the Greek chances were better. It's in games like this that Greece is missing out on the player who ended up choosing Mexico over Greece and Uruguay. I'm sure his finish would have been slightly better.

That being said I'd like to see Lyberopoulos in for Charisteas in the 2nd half.

If Samaras is available for this match use him in the last 20 minutes as Turkey will be pushing even more men forward and more chances should open up.

It's anyone's game at this point.

I've said it many times on this forum and I'll say it again.

Turkey has some good offensive players and generally speaking they put players with offensive skills on the pitch. This usually means some of their players aren't good on defense in their own end. This is happening in this game but Greece can't take advantage of this.

Greece had a 4 on 1 chance the pass went to the only Turkish player. Moments later Torisidis had a point blank shot and there was another chance not too long ago.

Turkey has had 2 decent chances so Greece have outchanced them 3-2 but I believe the Greek chances were better. It's in games like this that Greece is missing out on the player who ended up choosing Mexico over Greece and Uruguay. I'm sure his finish would have been slightly better.

That being said I'd like to see Lyberopoulos in for Charisteas in the 2nd half.

If Samaras is available for this match use him in the last 20 minutes as Turkey will be pushing even more men forward and more chances should open up.

It's anyone's game at this point.

:tup: I completely agree with u

we have 3 shots on goal, 4 shots not hitting the net and two plays where we were an inch away from the toro pass to gekas foot if the defender didnt interfere.

they have 5 shots but none hitting the net and one of them is from a foul which wasnt deserved.

BUT the bottom line is... if we dont get a result.. it all goes to waste.

lets go.. 2nd half.

Archived