Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Lazio

thrylara

im not trying to provoke anyone but with this match, that make it 31 winless champions league games in a row for oly...this was a good game to break that record..greek teams really need to start stepping it up in europe if anyone is to take us seriously...

It's 31 winless AWAY games, so even a win here wouldn't have broken that hoodoo.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching this disgusting display of football coaching one would have to think Why would anyone in there right mind hire the m#$%! Takis Lemonis as there head coach.... Playing in front of no fans and only using one striker...Lua Lua is not even a striker he likes playing behind the striker...Anyway after scoring a goal to make it one nothing with Lazio on the heals the reds decided to sit back and let Lazio back in the game..Lemonis seeing that Lazio should have been on the there heals didnt make a change..How does a European team that expects to do somthing only have one striker especially at home...Lasio should have ate at least three goals...they were just as brutal as the reds.....With the gero Kovacevic coming on that really changed the game oh my god this reds team will get no more points if they play like this...All tell u why Mihalis Konstantinou is Black listed from the Reds team the Leading scorer of all time time for Greek clubs sititing on the bench he just came back from his surgery is fully fit he showed it with Cyprus last week scoring a goal...He is black listed because he played for his country on Aug 22 against San Marino and takis the m#$%! lemonis told him not to go!!! If they think they dont need Mihalaki they are crazy his contract is up after this year and hope he leaves im guaranteed he will leave..But to black list him and not even put him as a sub in any games this year is pathetic..The Reds have two meaningful games and not have any goals scored from there strikers...Play with two strikers Lemonis u m#$%! i cant wait till he gets fired but it will be too late the reds will be elimnated from Champions League....

:tup: :tup: :tup:

OK SINCEE I DONT C A SERIOUS ANSWER LETS START THE BULL.....

I CAN IMAGINE THE NEWSPAPERS (IF THE 1_0 WAS KEPT)...

IT WOULD HAVE LEMONS NA PANIGIRIZI.... AND THE TITLE WOULD HAVE BEEN...

AFTODINAMIA !!!!!!!

WHAT YO THINK ABOUT THAT GEEZERS???????

I don't know about the papers but I was insulting Lemonis all game and when we scored and he played 10 men back, I was going insane. I knew it was a matter of time before the other team scored. Lemonis is one of the worst coaches of all-time. He was fired the first time for a reason. Kokkali was too cheap to hire someone good? Someone new? Hell, we could have fired Lemonis and signed Santos when he had the chance. ANYONE. Pathetic. Every damn year, like a broken record.

WELL 2 TELL U THE TRUTH I WAS ASKING FOR YANAKIS HEAD WHEN WE WERE 15 POINTS BEHIND SLOVENIA.....

OF COURSE I DIDNT GIVE IT ANOTHER THAUGHT.... IT WAS IMMATURE AND WRONG FROM MY SIDE... WHAT??? IM GONNA CLAIM THAT YANNAKIS DOESNT KNOW BASKET????? OR MAYBE THAT HE DOESNT CARE????????

BUT WE ARE GREEKS.... WE TALK WITHOUT THINKING FIRTS..... PASSION WE CALL IT....

AS I SAID 5 POSTS ABOVE... U R SET FOR THE GREEK CHAMPIONSHIP.... IS THIS NOT GOOD ENOUGH 4 U??? EVEN WITH LEMONIS.... HELL, EVEN IF I WERE THE COACH I TELL YA....

GREEKS.... ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT PEANUTS AND CAN SEE THE BIG PICTURE.... I GUESS NOBODYS PERFECT....

PS. THE WORST COACH OF ALL TIME WOULD BE ALEFADOS FOLLOWED BY ALKETAS....

YANAKI I SALUTE U IN A MILITARY FASHION !!!!! :gr:

I know that anyone here has there opinion and i would not try to convice anyone otherwise.Other people blame the summer moves/departers,other people the president,others the coach and so on.The way i see this game is that Lemonis in his second time as our head coach is trying to do better that his previous time and better than Sollied did in terms of results.A couple of years before the opener was with Rozenborg and everybody was dreaming of a big victory and we lost that game 1-3 if i am not mistaken.lemonis came out today with one goal in his mind,not to lose.He accomplish that and the newspapers will give him coverage and say that the equalizer might have been offside or that our team just played the second game of the season.A really important one for our CL future but second OFFICIAL game with a couple of weeks apart from our first one.The game was not great,not even good,i can say for me was decent and all 3 results were possible.I saw some things that i liked(Antzas-Zevlakov doing well,Galletti is like a right Djole,Lua-Lua great) and some things that i did not like(Djole was a shadow of himself,looked and played like a 35 old,defence had some small mistakes that should not have happen and a general retreat after our goal).And the last part is my aggrevation and where i feel Lemonis did not did a good job.Your team is up 1-0,65 minutes have go by and the italians look out of sync.Some of your players start looking fatigue(Lua-Lua and Djole).You have two options,1)Put rested defenders in and prepare to have the presure on your defence like most of the coaches of our team have done in the past with not great results or 2)Put Kovasevic/Konstantinou,Nunez and Ne in for Lua-Lua-Djole and Ledesma and presure the italians for a second goal and keep the ball in there side of the field and make it harder for them to attack(That is what i would do if i was the coach today).Instead of those 2 plans,he did nothing,using kovasevic with no partner since Lua-Lua had no more energy and let the team go back in defending and hoping that the 90 minutes will go by.That is the real crime in this game.CL success is all about the details and decisions and Lemonis messed up both at the end.For his and mines and OSFP sakes he better get it right next time because the games will only get harder and at the end we might be missing badly those 2 lost points today not only for our club but for our country also.I dont know why but i have faith in this team and to some of the new players.Lemonis needs to become smarter.

I know that anyone here has there opinion and i would not try to convice anyone otherwise.Other people blame the summer moves/departers,other people the president,others the coach and so on.

I blame them all, plus the fans for accepting this s%$#!!

The way i see this game is that Lemonis in his second time as our head coach is trying to do better that his previous time and better than Sollied did in terms of results.A couple of years before the opener was with Rozenborg and everybody was dreaming of a big victory and we lost that game 1-3 if i am not mistaken

File mou, the Sollied can't be blamed for the Rosenborg result. When players are involved in ridiculous individual errors there's nothing a coach can do.

lemonis came out today with one goal in his mind,not to lose.He accomplish that and the newspapers will give him coverage and say that the equalizer might have been offside or that our team just played the second game of the season.

The difference between this game/season and the others is that we haven't even got hope this year. Actually look at Oly's games last year... the only one where we were battered was Valencia away. Against them at home we should have won, and only lost because we conceded 2 late goals from corners that were individual errors (Domi and Anatolakis I believe). There's nothing a coach can do to prevent Domi turning his ass to the ball because he's scared of a corner. Against Roma at home, again we were the better side and Konstantinou hit the bar, it was just one of those games. Roma away, we took the lead & again a moment of poor defending by Anatolaki cost us the win, but a point away was a good result. Shakhter away we were great and should have won, the only downside was an inability to defend set pieces (like the Valencia game, to Sollied should have worked on this). Shakhter at home we lacked creativity and imagination but got the point. The point is, except for Valencia away, where we were poor, we had a chance to get something out of the game. We scored 2 against Valencia, 3 against Shakhter & 1 against Roma in total. Hence, we were able to compete BUT our defence would let us down. So 3 years ago Kokalli should have bought defenders and defensive midfielders because combined with that attack we would have been a very dangerous side (in the league of PSV imo). Instead, he's destroyed our offense & tansformed the defence from being RIDICULOUSLY poor, to just plain poor. So even if we draw at home to Weder 0-0 & draw in Rome 0-0, we'll end up on 3 points and better than last year. The difference is however, the results would be deceiving because we can't even hope for more!!! We KNOW this team will finish bottom, whereas in the past all we needed was 3 or 4 additions in to the squad, now we need 6 additions that would cost over

Not a satisfactory result but the team looked better than in european matches of the last two years.

Very strange line up by Lemonis without a center forward, still managed to score.

Our midfield was exausted in the last 20' of the match and that costed us the goal and the inability to react to it.

Positive performance by the defence, Antzas and Zevlakow seem to work well together.

Main negative point of last night's was Ivic' interview. He is obviously under pressure to show that his transfers can make a difference but he should restrain himself and allow Lemonis to do his job.

Hopefully we'll improve in the next matches, even third spot this year will be good considering this is a new team.

ON A LAST NOTE IN THIS THREAD & TOPIC: I FORGOT IT WITH ALL THIS COMMOTION...

IS THAT BOTH GOALS WERE OFFSIDE FOR A MILLICENTIMETER.... SO PLEASE DONT COMPLAIN & NO EXCUSES.... JUST PLAY YOUR GAME.... AND LET THE REST OF US JUDGE U !!!!!! (AS U HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO)...

OVER & OUT

LAMA PITTMAN

Oly lost to poor coaching. What qualifies Lemonis as a coach? One substitution ?

Commentators said the players were tired. Were the Italians not also tired?

Somehow with the Greek teams you always have the feeling that the opponents will score in the last few minutes and true to form, Oly let in a goal. Whether it was offsides or not, Oly did not do enough top win and Lemonis is to blame.

The result isn't so bad, it could have been worse. There next match isn't going to be real easy, Bremen played well in Madrid and couldn't get a result. Things can change quickly in 2 weeks.

within 2 weeks you will officially be last in your group...

there is no way you could be satisfied with this result...

go pat yourselves on the back vs panionos

as far as offseason moves...

Psollied out .. Lemounis in... all by Cockkalis.. The next coach will be Vizakis :LOL:

Psollied out .. Lemounis in... all by Cockkalis.. The next coach will be Vizakis :LOL:

Thank you for great insight into the future you great green wizard..........

We are not going to kill our selfs over it either.......

I believe we play OFI this sunday.Panionios is the team that beat Pao a couple of days ago in a 45 minute friendly........................

Psollied out .. Lemounis in... all by Cockkalis..

That happen like in January,nothing to do with the offseason whatsoever.........

The next coach will be Vizakis :LOL:

Is he a relative of yours because i dont know the guy,really???????

I like the fact that the Greek unite spirit lasts only a couple of seconds when it comes to our teams in Europe and lets get points for our Countrys future poem ends quick by some.You see my friend i was and still do support all our teams when they play in Europe and hope honestly that all of them do well.I hope you see things that way eventually because who knows what tomorow will bring??? ;)

I feel that immedaitely after the equalizer Lemonis should've inserted Konstantinou for Lua Lua and press for the winning goal. Great chance to be top or 2nd in the group, now we are level with lazio. Winning in Bremen is gonna be next to impossible.

Archived