Phantis Forums

New Greek Channels to Canada

Its weird. I have two expressvu receivers. Mega free preview shows up on one but not on the other. Also does anyone know when that Canadian produced news show comes on?

Anyway I got a chance to sample the channel the last few days. There is some decent programming on it but to me its not worth the 15/month extra that they want. If there was sports I'd consider it but til then... I get alot of soccer on ANT1 & ERT. And the news programming on ERT is by far the best of all the Greek channels. Although I noticed Tsimas has a news/documenatry show on Mega and I enjoy his work.

Of all the series that are on it there are two I really like alot. But I could always download them from certain websites. One is "An Ypirxes Ta Se Xwriza" Fillipidis is hilarious. And the other is "Mpampa mhn trexeis" I love the way its shot and presented, and there are some really funny lines. As for "Stous 31 Dromous" i've watched it a couple of times now and I get nostalgic about Astoria and New York in general, but as per quality of the show its pretty disappointing. I think the ratings in Greece reflect my opinion, because its not even in the top 10 in its night, let alone nowhere near the weekly top 20.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mk21 your right, its doing ok around 17% each episode, there were rumours it was getting cancelled, but they are going to continue it, they did move it from 11:00 monday nights to the sunday nights 12:00am an in its place they put Safe sex.

now this show is geared towards the yournger people who will stay up that late to watch is it beyond me, for them to move it it seems mega was not happy with the ratings its getting and to not cancel it they moved it to that rediculous time.

i agree with you mpapma min trexeis is good, latremenoi mou geitones is another one i like and i actually like gorgones different from the sinithismena greek serials. Singles 2 1/2 is another one, Maria Solomou is one of my favourite actresses.

Now only if the idiots at ethnic channels group would take away that banner at the bottom of the screen telling the people if they want to order mega to call rogers, it interferes with the news headlines and just plain annoying.

mk21 your right, its doing ok around 17% each episode, there were rumours it was getting cancelled, but they are going to continue it, they did move it from 11:00 monday nights to the sunday nights 12:00am an in its place they put Safe sex.

now this show is geared towards the yournger people who will stay up that late to watch is it beyond me, for them to move it it seems mega was not happy with the ratings its getting and to not cancel it they moved it to that rediculous time.

Well for the month of November, Mega's website shows it at normal time on Monday. But maybe it isnt updated. If I were them, I would move "Latremeni Mou Geitones" or "Eftehismeni Mazi" which are on Thursday and Friday nights and are doing great in ratings, to Monday night in place of "Stous 31 dromous", moving "Stous 31 Dromous" to Thursday or Friday night were it would be on at an earlier time (people do go to sleep earlier in the winter....especially younger people going to school/work. This show is aimed at a younger crowed) and a less competitive night. Thats my thoughts. It's worth a shot......

From Mega new programing this year that broadcasts on Mega Cosmos, I like "Gorgones" (yes....), "Latremenoi mou geitones", "Eftihismeni Mazi" and "Stous 31 dromous" (I think it will get better as the story line progresses) the most from what ive seen. (I havnt seen all the shows they offer yet)

From what I've seen on Ant1, "Fila to Vatraho sou" seems like a good show.

Enough of that now.... :P

And the news programming on ERT is by far the best of all the Greek channels.

Not according to raitings.... :tup: :tup: :tup:

MK21 I have the same problem I also have 2 diferent bell receivers 1 is a 3100 that had Mega for a few days and then I lost the channel and my other receiver is I believe a 4100 it is small with no card still get Mega Cosmos on that. What's up with that does anyone else have the same problem or called Bell to see what's up with that. Thanks in advance for any info on this. :gr: :gr: :gr:

This possibly does not apply to your case, but it may apply to others.

I found out that BEV for condos (VDSL service) does not include

the free preview of MEGA cosmos.

I was trying to get channel 712 and I was not getting anything,

so I called BEV and was told that when the channel comes

in the regular list (when you pay to get it), I will be able to pay (sic)

and get it, but now I cannot get the free preview.

Pretty bad service.

Guest helleniconwheels

Hi,

I just joined to thank everyone here for following the MEGA story over the last two years when absolutely nobody else was. HellasHab, thanks for all that CRTC digging. Your work exposed the kafkaesque nature of Canadian television regulation and competition. Here's hoping we change things for the better.

mk21, my folks have Rogers boxes and have the problem that channel 576 says mega cosmos, but the screen is blank (no sound either). A Rogers rep said the line was overloaded. Hmm, no sign of signal or picture problems on the other channels. All the other ethnic channels seem to work. Mr Rogers' hard core pay-per-view channels are all ready and able to go...

My folks live in a house. Their hellenic friends on Rogers all get the mega preview without a hitch. I'll wait till the preview period is over before trying again, but do you think there's any truth to the "overload" claim?

Thanks again guys!

HoW

Autoi sto ECG einai asxetoi entelos, kala Ellines den exoun na douleoun ekei mesa na blepoune tis blakies pou kanoun. Eidika twra pou to Skopiano einai pali sto trapezi.

Ti sou eipane apo to ECG, presveia sto Toronto kai Ottawa????,?? kala sto Rogers xaneis to kopo sou oti deixnei h ECG, to Rogers den exei kamia sxesi to progamming erxete apo to ECG, pisteuw tha kanoun kialles blakies sigoura, px na baloun kamia blakeia dikia tous se prime time kai na kopsoun kapoio serial. Ekei na deis pws tha to paro sto kraneio kai ta akousoun gia ta kala.

Emeis oi ellhnokavadoi eimastai mouskaria. Pame kai ypostirizoumai olous tous upolous apateones kai meta zhtamai to dikaio. Proton ean pernamai to direct tv kai dish network den tha mourmourizamai gia thleorash. Oi "manges" maniatakos kai slava levin tha hxan xestoi sta padelonia tous giati h movoi glwssa pous kserouv eivai ta lefta.

Deuteron eprepai na eixan parei oloi h ellhves tou Toronto na parouv thlefono kai na tou poun giati ta kaveis auta ta pragmata na dei ean tou aresei.

Kai teleutaiwn na mhn phgainowmai sths ekklhsies kathe Kuriakh kai na doumai posa lefta tha eisraksei o kalos mas skopinomakedono lateruths sotirios.

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done"

Leonardo Da Vinci

Before we go jumping to conclusions, does anyone know what actually was shown?

Based on the info above it appears that this aired as part of ECG's local programming which is why the ECG logo was on the screen. I don't think MEGA would show this type of garbage.

I am wondering if this was some sort of paid advertisement but still doesn't explain why ECG would air it, do they not know the current situation between Greece and FYROM? Also, why they would run a documentary on FYROM when the channel is on a FREE PREVIEW, that makes no sense?!

Something is fishy here, is this a hoax or real?!

:gr:

Thn stigmh pou eixe to Logo tous kata thn diarkeia ths ekpomphs auto shmainei pws einai dikh tou probolh.

Me tipota to MEGA den 8a ebgaze ston aera kati tetoio.

Twra kata poson autos dikaioutai na kanei kati tetoio, to dikaioutai, dioti mesa sto policy to CRTC einai na balei kai canadian content.

Twra 8a me rwthsete pou kollaei to canadian content me ta Skopia. Aploustato, yparxei mia filonikeia sto skopiano pou telika exei meinei mono anamesa sta duo krath, o Kanadas exei anagnwrisei ta Skopia, opote me to diko mou skeptiko blepw pws o tupos pernontas thn 8esh tou Kanada, probalei stous ellhnes to skopiano me thn elpida n'aspastoun to idio skeptiko kai na mhn trexoun se pories diamarthrias ktl.

Yparxei bebaia kai h ekdoxh na einai mia plhrwmenh propaganda kati pou tous exw a3ious na kanoun pera gia pera.

O,ti kai na einai pantws, kala na pa8oume gia to ti proballei o sta8mos. Ef'oson den bre8hke kapoio ellhniko aima me psuxh na dioxeteusei ston ellhnismo "ola" ta satellite kanalia brhkan to anoigma oi slavoi oi oukranoi kai oi rwssoi. Isws pali oi apollabes na einai elaxistes kai den exoun endiaferon.

H Ottawa h to edw pro3eneio, bebaia den mporei na epembei ston sta8mo dioti einai mesa sta nomika plaisia kai safws den 8'asxolh8oun me ti mas enoxlei kai ti oxi.

Oi ellhnes einai to xarti edw kai to pws 8a to xeiristoun. Siga twra mhn tre3ei h kuria Euterph na parapone8ei, Mega na blepei kai as deixnei kai tous tourkalades ws osiomartures kai aggelous tou Charlie. Opote mhn perimenete kammia kinhsh alla oute kai allagh.

• 2 weeks later...

MEGA COSMOS IN CANADA

I am writing on behalf of Ethnic Channels Group regarding great news for the Greek-Canadian community. The number one channel from Greece (MEGA COSMOS) has been launched on Bell ExpressVu and Rogers Cable. I would greatly appreciate if you could forward the enclosed message to all those you may think would be interested in this exciting offer.

Rogers - Channel 575

Bell - Channel 712

Regards,

Chris

[email protected]

www.ethnicchannels.com

MEGA COSMOS IN CANADA

I am writing on behalf of Ethnic Channels Group regarding great news for the Greek-Canadian community. The number one channel from Greece (MEGA COSMOS) has been launched on Bell ExpressVu and Rogers Cable. I would greatly appreciate if you could forward the enclosed message to all those you may think would be interested in this exciting offer.

Rogers - Channel 575

Bell - Channel 712

Regards,

Chris

[email protected]

www.ethnicchannels.com

Hellas5,

Where can we find a schedule for MEGA Cosmos Canada?

I want to know what shows that ECG omits from the lineup due to the stupid CDN content rules and having to show local programming?! This channel is not the same as MEGA Cosmos in the US, so no point in viewing the schedule from DirecTV. I know that Odyssey does not air quite a few of the shows that ANT1 airs in the US because they have to air a high level of CDN content.

Perhaps you can post the schedule on here, so others from Canada can see it too.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

How good can it be when it has a 15% Cancon requirement?

Since you resurrected this thread OFHMAN, does anyone know where I can get a schedule for this channel? These ECG guys refuse to send me one for some reason, I am just curious to see what kind of local programming they got and what shows from MEGA they are taking out. Not sure what the big deal is, these broadcast types are all the same. :rolleyes:

Same thing here the Programing Guide for Mega Cosmos on Directv is all Screwed up to

The Video Quality SUCKS and the channel Breaks UP all the time.

DKSat

http://www.megatv.com/cosmos/showusa.asp

I think the video quality is actually good. Only problem is that the channel has been going "black" (break up, then black screen for a couple seconds) every so often for the past month or so.

They need to get to work on fixing that, as well as GMTV. (Theres STILL problems with the video there)

I wonder whats going on with the other channels that are supposed to come.

On another note (even though this thread is about Canada) Alpha Sat really need to get their act together. They have some great shows, but never advertise the times on their commercials and sometimes don't even play the same shows at the same time each week. <_<

Archived