Phantis Forums

New Greek Channels to Canada

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,

I got some interesting news from Globestar, we will see if it comes true or not. I was told that Ethnic Channels Group will be launching MEGA Cosmos next month (Oct. 2 is what they said) on Rogers and possibly ExpressVu. Apparently the hold up is ECG has yet to finalize an agreement with Rogers, some dispute going on there about $$ I think that hasn't been resolved. The deal is done with Globestar so I urge everyone who is interested in this channel to call ECG and Rogers. We've waited long enough for this channel, time for them to get their a$$es in gear and launch it NOW!!!

It looks like this company is going to be a problem as far as customer service goes. At least with OTN they answer the phone and talk you- they are usually rude but you do get a chance to speak with somone unlike these idiots at ECG. They don't answer the phone, when you leave a message or email they never respond and their website is updated once in a blue moon. Not very professional company there if you ask me, but it looks like we might be stuck with them if we want to watch MEGA. :(

On another note, I may have some info later today about Alter Globe launching in Canada... I will update later.

:gr:

Well we dont get the info from Rogers or ECG but Globestar finally.

Just in time for the new season, hopefully something materializes, let us know about Alter Globe bud :)

Thanks for the info

Sorry guys no info yet on Alter Globe. The lady I spoke with said she did not have info about launching in Canada, only the U.S. but she put in a call to Alter in Greece to find out more info. I have not heard back from her yet but once I get a hold of her again I will let you know what she says. It is possible that OTN might launch Alter Globe, from what I was told by the owner, they are looking into it.

As for Videotron, no news OFHMAN, sorry :(. I agree with you however, it should be carried by them as well, Montreal and Toronto are the two areas with the largest Greek population in Canada so not sure why they wouldn't add it?! I say tell everyone you know who wants MEGA to call Videotron and request it but wait until it actually launches (whenever that will be ;) ). This way you can say 'This is the channel I am interested in and it is actually on the air through Rogers Cable'. This is the best way to actually get them to carry the channel. If you call ECG and manage to speak to someone, this is probably what they will tell you too- contact your local cable company. They added ERT World recently (about a year ago I think) so they will probably add MEGA too if they see there is demand for it but how long that will take is another thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone :)

I found your site by accident looking for something else. Things happen

I read extensively what you guys had to say in here as I am also interested in obtaining the greek channels in Toronto.

I gave up long ago and went underground, sorry guys but women can be bad also ;)

I installed a satellite dish to get them, I learned how to program the receiver and I was happy with it. However, Dish Network has been loosing the greek channels so I was forced to go into the GreekLive tv. (over the internet)

Being very cautious about it, I wanted to test their services first. So I tried it for a month and I was extremely happy with it. I renewed my subscription for 6 months and right now I renewed it for another six months.

I get all my channels, greek that is, and I am very happy.

I have my laptop connected to my TV and I am watching them to my hearts content.

Since this greeklive is actually Nova and it is broadcasted in greek time, at first I thought I would have a serious problem since I would be at work when the good stuff comes on.

They are very clever and what they do is they record every channel and every program and they keep this data base for 5 days.

I was in heaven, honestly since this allowed me freedom of time and freedom of choice when to watch what.

I also spoke to Mr Lucas in ECG. He sounded so exited that I believed all the bull he told me.

This guy did not know anything about the greek community. Did not know the name of one greek newspaper. I was the one who sent him a list and contact names with phone numbers, I told him about the Maniatakos mafia and to avoid his paper etc etc.

He was so pleased with all the info I had given him and was about to mail them so he will have them on record and we made arrangements to meet during the Taste of the Danforth in 2006. He was supposed to be there and distribute flyers etc.

Of course he never made it, maybe I forgot to tell him where Danforth is, who knows. But having lived all his talk and hearing from others, this guy is all talk.

Not only did he not apologize for not showing up but he did not even bother with a simple thank you note for my mail. He had phone number, cell number and email address.

So for my books he is a rude looser.

Honestly I don't believe he is telling the truth about Oct 2, since I checked as soon as I read it in here with Rogers and they dont have a clue about it.

So it remains to be seen. Right?

--------

Now, do you guys know anything about rapidshare?

It is a place where one uploads files and anyone can go and download them and this person gives them the link to do so.

The service is either free or with a very minimal charge I think is 5 euros a month.

The free account has limitations and you can only download one file every hour while the paying account does not have such limitations.

If you know about it, or if you don't but you are interested in it I will gladly post here instructions how to use this service.

In there I can place shows for you guys to download. I have most of them and I will have the new ones as well :whistle:

Let me know and I will take it from there :)

(The 50.000$ question: What is a lady doing in a men's forum?)

Xaroula,

First, welcome to the forums, I don't think Ziaka would categorize this as a "men's" forum, everyone is welcome to post here.

It looks like MEGA Cosmos is actually coming back to Canada :tup:

ECG just re-designed their website and it now lists Mega and mentions that they will be launching this channel in early October. I have been hassling them for over a year about this channel and it looks like my persistance has FINALLY paid off.

It has been reported that Expressvu has already uploaded the channel on its system but it is not yet available to customers. Rogers usually adds new channels on Tuesdays (not sure why?!) so that is why I was told it would be launching tomorrow. I guess we will see what happens on Tuesday.

Regarding the guy you spoke with at ECG, I am not sure what his actual position is at the company but I don't think he knows much of anything. He knows whatever 'they' tell him, they being the people who have the information most likely the owner.

As for the advertising you mentioned, this is very interesting because I was in contact with their marketing person and I sent her information on the main greek papers in Toronto and was under the impression that they would advertise in them so people were aware that a new Greek channel is launching. I have seen NO ADVERTISEMENT whatsoever in either Evdomada or Ethnikos Typos. I was told that they would be hiring summer students (of various ethnic backgrounds) that would go out and promote their channels at festivals, etc. One of those was supposed to be a Greek student to help promote MEGA but as you say I don't think they hired anyone because if they did why would they not go to the biggest Greek festival in Toronto- Taste of the Danforth?? [bTW, You said TOFD 2006, are you sure you didn't mean 2007??]

In the end, all I care about is that they actually launch the damn channel and I and everone else who wants to can finally watch MEGA.

I told him about the Maniatakos mafia and to avoid his paper etc etc

:LOL: :LOL: (I have never heard of the Maniatakos Mafia, can you tell us more)

I told him about the Maniatakos mafia and to avoid his paper etc etc

Xaroula I am curious to know who is in his mafia Marinos "the muppet " or Johnny "frills baldy" :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah he is a mafia stealing our hard earned cash and showing the most crappiest programming on earth

HellasHaB: Thank you so much for the warm welcome :)

I was most certainly referring to 2006 TOTD, however I checked it out this year as well hoping to find someone present from their company with a tiny booth or even walking up and down or standing in a corner handing out flyers.

They shone with their absence Posted Image

I am glad that according to your info Mega will be back to Toronto, while they are at it they can add Alter as well Posted Image

I will stick to my present arrangement at a better price which does not force me to watch 10% canadian crap content.

Don't get me going with the Maniatakos mafia as I will get myself arested Posted Image

@OFHMAN Marinos is another........... Posted Image

I will stick to my present arrangement at a better price which does not force me to watch 10% canadian crap content.

If that is the case then they could easily add that content in with out sacrificing Mega programing. The way i'm looking at it (on the US schedule) they could take out "

Guest hariskk

As for the shows on MEGA, thanks for the great suggestion Grk101, where do I find these download sites?  If I can't get the actual channel then this is the next best thing, download episodes of the shows I want to watch.  Any chance they have older shows on their too, I was hoping to watch the last season of 'H Ora I Kali'.

Thanks.

EDIT: On second thought I will private message you some download sites.

grk101 I would really appreciate if you could also send me those download sides.

I am mostly interested in downloading episodes of 'Stous 31 dromous'.Looks pretty good.

Thanks in advance!!!

I didn't say Mega.

I said Mega Cosmos. I figured since you were talking about satellite and bell expressvu, you were talking Mega Cosmos.

Mega in Greece is showing Salzburg-AEK and I believe another UEFA game onn Thursday. Also they show some National Team matches.

Archived