Phantis Forums

Olympiakos vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

in real time it didnt seem like a penalty to me.... on replay it was a clear penalty but i dont blame the ref for not calling it.... It seemed more like a danger to Paps continueing...Glad he did..

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

out of the 5 chances osfp had, two of them were from direct defensive mistakes. In fact most goals are scored on either individual talent or defensive mistake. so sayin the goal pao scored was luck because anatolakis made a mistake is just wrong. in Fact, salpi stole the ball from him, its not like he made a pass to an opposing player.

Bravo, well said! This is precisely the reason I say Salpi should be in the ethniki endekada, because unlike Samaras, Haristeas, etc, he makes things happen through sheer hard work! No other Greek striker (except possibly Papa) would have shut Anatolakis down and then had the awareness and vision to play a perfectly weighted pass to an incoming Papa. It was not a lucky goal, it was a excellently won by Salpi, and well finished in difficult conditions by Papa.

Bravo Munoz for your tactics, it was exactly as Roma and Valencia played at the Karaiskaki and it paid off, and bravo to the players who showed passion.

I'll be honest, my biggest problems with Panathinaikos's tactics was the horrible lack of service for Salpi and Pap. It is a crime when you have such talent up top and you can't get them the ball on a consistent basis. This isn't a problem just from today, but is emblematic of what is been plaguing PAO all year. If they had more of the ball, I'm sure both strikers and Mantzios would have at least 5 goals more each. As an OSFP fan, in the protathlima, this suits me fine, but as a Greek fan, I am sad because I know that this team cannot succeed in Europe. Anyway, that is another rant for another day. Congratulations on the win, good luck in your fight with AEK for the CL.

Nomizo to xeirotero pou mporoume na kanoume tora einai na parasirthoume apo ti niki epi tou osfp kai na nomisoume oti ksafnika apoktisame omadara. Loipon prepei na paradextoume oti i omada epaikse metria, ekane polla lathi, eno apo adinamia tou gavrou den xasame. Kai yia na leme tin alitheia, mpikame sto gipedo prospathontas na min xasoume kai oxi na kerdisoume. Ola afta ta leo yia na min nomizoume oti etsi sta ksafnika linontai ola ta provlimata. i omada xreiazete na dinamosei me tin prosthiki 2-3 kalon paikton to kalokairi.

Tin istoria me paiktes sxedon teliomenous, opos viktor (afto to exo pei se afto to forum apo ti stigmi tou irthe), flavio tin gnorizoume. I omada xreiazete na ependisei sosta kai na ferei paiktes nearis ilikias, me oreksi, kai 1-2 megala onomata se sxetiki kali ilikia, oi opioi exoun agonistei kai prosferei tin proigoumeni xronia (se antithesi me viktor kai flavio) Kai min mou peite oti den erxontai neara talenta stin ellada. Stin rossia/ukrania diladi yiati pane: elano, duda yia na anafero merikous. Mono apo to champions league to tameio tha fouskosei. As pane ta lefta stin omada, kai oxi stis tsepes allon loipon.

its funny how everybody is saying we were lucky, well then lets talk about luck........how many times this year was olympitifuls down by one or two goals this year with less than twenty minutes in a game and rivaldo had to save there a**es :whistle: ......and let me ask this, pao made a few mistakes that the other team should have capatalized on but they didnt, but say they did, would that have been ok?????

The worst and most dirty defender on earth tried to get pretty and just got stuck by that beast of ours...there is no way in he!! u would have seen okka or castillo make that kind of play....

all the port junkies out there have to realize that the glory days are over, there is a new breed in town... :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: TRIFILARA MY FRIENDS ARE TAKING OVER......

i will say this again, if this team stays together and with a few offseason pick ups we are destined for glory........

god bless and good night

I am still in heaven today :D

I watched a few plays again after dinner tonight and I was reminded of the excellent play of Nilsson.

I have been a critic of his play in the pass, and it would be fair to point out that he played very well yesterday. He was left behind only on a couple of plays all game on defense, but he had two deadly crosses the kind of which we've been expecting our FBs to deliver two or three times per game.

His first excellent cross resulted in Papadopoulos being flattened in the box by Anatolakis, and his second found Ivanschitz in stride on the other side of box who's direct line drive was saved by Nikopolidis.

If Nilsson keeps playing like that we will be set at RB for sometime. With Leontiou playing one of the best games defensively I've seen in months I am encouraged about our FBs.

I don't know about you guys, but this racial calling bothers me. Ninis has been very respectful and very mature for his age. But, who's less civilized? I don't want to be represented by those f@king idiots who think themselves as Greeks. Ninis has the potential to do great things for Greek football.

As for the game, we're sitting back,and we don't seem to be controlling the midfield. Of course it's very early ... LET'S GO PAO!!!!!!!

Does it Bother you when you call PAOK, ARIS, HPAKLIS and other nothern clubs fans Bulgarian? :gr:

I don't know about you guys, but this racial calling bothers me. Ninis has been very respectful and very mature for his age. But, who's less civilized? I don't want to be represented by those f@king idiots who think themselves as Greeks. Ninis has the potential to do great things for Greek football.

As for the game, we're sitting back,and we don't seem to be controlling the midfield. Of course it's very early ...    LET'S GO PAO!!!!!!!

Does it Bother you when you call PAOK, ARIS, HPAKLIS and other nothern clubs fans Bulgarian? :gr:
Great point! At AEK fans tourkus. That is one thing I really dont like I must admit.

I am still in heaven two days after the game despite all the crying I have read and heard from the Greek press about the robbing of the super ouaou team that lost so unfairly. :tup:

This win if it's followed up by a strong finish can do miracles for PAO. Athinaios, Nikosvazelas, I, and several others have mentioned in the past how important it is to build a winning culture. It's wins against adversity, against the odds, and against top competition that can build the winning attitude to drive this team for the next few years.

BTW, here is an interesting article about the game:

http://www.sportnet.gr/tsirtsonis.asp (just ignore the semi-nude girl)

As for the game, we're sitting back,and we don't seem to be controlling the midfield. Of course it's very early ...    LET'S GO PAO!!!!!!!

Great point! At AEK fans tourkus. That is one thing I really dont like I must admit.
Huh???!!!!

Guys, one stupidity doesn't excuse antoher. For all of our touted civilization, it's been the stupid divisions Greeks have created to fight each other. I just assumed that after a couple thousands of years most people would mature... Apparently, for some their team is above all else...

I just finished reading Papadopoulos' lengthy interview to Pao News. It's a very good read mainly because he seems to be very realistic and down to earth about many issues (the win against Olympiakos, Ninis, Munoz, etc).

It was interesting to hear his opinion about the stadium:

"

First story of FIFA.com today:

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/index/0,2442,1...rticleid=133674

A good recognition for Ninis and for Pao for promoting youth. FIFA placed great emphasis on developing youth, and if I am not mistaken UEFA requires each team to have at least two young players on their roster when they play in Europe. Usually teams cover these two spots with a third goalkeeper or a young player that's buried in the depth chart.

Archived