Phantis Forums

Olympiakos vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

pao didnt play offensively. they played a patient game. the played a slow game with counter attacks.

Munoz had them line up at midfield and stop plays from happening. the few times there actualy plays. the fans again show no class.

sure osfp had 4 great chances. pao had 1 maybe 2. not including the goal. the penalty was a possibility but couldnt be called in an environement like karaiskaki. if the game was 1 or 2-0 for sure it would have been called.

i hate to say it but the defence without Vyntra looked alot better.

Huge 3 points.

to be continued

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played a frustrating game to watch as a fan but it payed off in the end. Ebede, Ivan, Nilson, Pap, and Salpi were very good today along with Bovio who made it hard for Rivaldo. We got the goal and the win we wanted the ref was decent today better then I've seen in time only thing he screwed up was that we should have gotten a Pen when Anatolakis hit Pap other then that it was a fairly refed game. We won that's all that counts baby whooooooooo!!!!!!!! we swept the series this year we are on the come up !!!!!!!!!! Pap's goal was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!! all that's left is the crying from certain fans lol

Yes this game was hard to watch as a pao fan.Dont hate on greek soccer. Hate greek ownership. The boys from all teams try hard. They give 100% all the time.

The problem is with people like Kokkali and tzigger and now Demis, they try to steal all the spotlight thus makin it harder and harder for officiating, fans and even the media to do anythign but focus on them. this might be the only league that Derby's are more about the owner having the upperhand then the players.

In England, chelsea vs Man U isnt about abrahamovic vs Man U's owner. its about Lampard vs rooney. Drogba vs Scholes. ronaldo vs terry.

but in greece its all about kokkalis said this and tzigger said that.

Let the players be the stars and the owners sit back and count ur f%^&ing money.

as for the game. classic italian style football from pao with a late goal to win the game. thats it.

guys seriously i cant talk, i lost my voice..... god!!! its ok tho..... :tup:

we played very very smart... kleisame tous xorous kserontas oti mprosta o salpi kai o pap einai paixtes me taxitita... kai auto egine telika.. xtypisame ekei pou eprepe.. tin katalili stigmi.. sto 89!!!!!! o olympiakos arxize kai kourazotan to meta to 75... den ksero re paidia alla autos o munoz prepei na exei kati pano tou.. ton pap simera ton eixe mesa se olo to paixnidi les kai iksere oti tha ginotan auto... an deite palaiotera paixnidia sinithos ton evgaze sto 55-60 gia na mpei o mantzios!!! pantos prepei na paradexto oti ego prosopika fonaza na vgei ekso o mantzios alla eftixos imoun lathos!!!!!

great win.. great game!! munoz has to stay!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

You see how a player can change a game? OK, we all know about the great players that can do 1-2 things and win games.... But, notice how a big knucklehead can cost you?

At least today we had 11 players on the pitch........ If Vyntra had played, I'm sure he'd have done something wonderful for Oly !!!

We won because we finally have a coach. Sure it was not possession football, but don't let possession fool you. If you look at international play possession means nothing any more. We played our European game and it worked for us. I was impressed with the way the players showed patience and great organization.

It took almost five years but I finally saw our team play the offside trap like they should. Olympiakos played their European game as well. They played exactly like we used to play until Munoz came: horizontal football and when they could not find space they carried the ball forward until they lost it.

This was a change of seasons game for us. We went into the most hostile field loaded with youth and I knew that we were watching an "end of an era" game when towards the middle of the second half they showed a close up of Anatolikis' face (man did he look old), and when Rivaldo's knees buckled when he tried to push against Tziolis. The goal came as a nice exclamation point in the end.

I will write 100 times now "never say anything bad about Papadopoulos". He and Salpi got absolutely no service and yet managed to win a penalty, and scored once. This was a planned goal. Our whole game was designed for this kind of play. It just happened to go in at the sweetest possible moment.

I predicted in half time that we were going to exploit Olympiakos's tired FBs and Lemonis knew it. He took out Pantos, put in Tzortzevic and moved Torosidis to RB, wasting his best player in midfield in a position that rendered him useless for them. This was the last gasp for players like Tzortzevic, Rivaldo, and Anatolakis. Good players all of them, but if they stay it will be a long season next year for Olympiakos.

Not to forget: Great football atmosphere. Besides the idiotic chants against Ninis and the throwing of objects on the pitch (I don't mind the carrots - I thought they were good fun - but I dont' care for the bottles), the atmosphere was what it should be in every football game. When our stadium is built I predict we will see the same packed stands and a genuine football atmosphere.

I am not sure I want to write about our players individually. This was a real team win. Pao looks like a well tuned group of young players who have the potential to compete for years.

This game went exactly according to Munoz's plan.

He said to keep the 0-0 till the 60th and we will win!

PAO played smart.

With the exception of the big Ebede mistake, which he saved, there were no major blunders.

Passing was sub par, and it cost us controlling the game.

Gauros had chances and did not beat a heroic Ebede.

Will there ever be a time, or a ref, that will dare make the correct decision, when that one is against osfp in Karaiskaiki?

NO doubt, the clear penalty on PAPA, would have completely changed the game.

It was only fair that PAPA was the one to reestablish justice...

I want to congratulate the players from BOTH teams, for their professionalism and fair play.

Ninis' ethos and character even rubbed off on Castillo...

In contrast to that, were, the once again, shameful gauroi fans. :tdown:

The biggest loser from this kind of behavior, is Greek football.

How many flares fell on the field?

Why are these flares allowed in the stands?

Who is ultimately responsible for that?

Salpigidis is the kind of player that has made an impact.

He has absolutely been the best transfer for PAO, in years.

Anatolakis clearly took down PAPA in the box.

Salpi clearly robbed Anatolaki to repay PAPA... :)

Justice prevailed ;)

My wish is for Greek football to evolve to a culture that will depart from the current brain washed sheep, mindless mentality.

Bravo PAO :nw:

Bravo Munoz :tup: PLEASE STAY!!!

Where would PAO be with Munoz from last summer?

PEACE

This was a coaching masterpiece, reminding me of the Rocky movie series, where the ultimate winner will sit back for most of the time and at the end will attack, strike and knock down the opponent with fury! It also reminded me of our Natioal Team in EURO 2004.

The game was won by the genius salpi, who magnificently stole the ball from Barbagiorghs and gave an easy goal to Pap who finished well. A lost ball became by Salpi the winning ball.

In a positive note then it appears that there are some good for our National Team where I would like to see Salpi just doing the same thing.

Also, for those who watched neutrally, Torosidis was again in top form, and that can only be good news.

On the other hand, Stoltidis showed for one more time that he can only be at most a solution from the bench; no real skill or talent; brute force, but no mind.

Ninis was out of his usual "waters" today, but he is entitled to a mediocre game. By the way, for those who watched the pre-match buildup, Otto acknowledged the talent of Ninis but he wants more duration and so we will not deviate from his current tacktics, using the players who achieved the total 9 points we have at the group so far but he let the door open for ninis in the near future.

Antonias was good today too, and he will be the good solution upfront, even though chalkias is in good form too.

Goumas was ok today, he could contribute too against turkey. The other Greek players of Pao were all solid, in defense and middlefield (tziolis, Leontiou), a good and solid future for our national team.

Otto also said that it is better for Greek football that PAO won today and it happened!

:gr:

Everybody needs to wake up and realize that PAO didn't play well at all today. If Anatolakis didn't think he was Castillo (thinking he could dribble everyone) and give PAO what was basically an autogoal (I do give all credit for Salpi for running hard and creating it too), then all the vazeli here would be complaining about Munioz's tactics. He made a few big mistakes today that lucky for you, went unpunished. Yes, Salpigidis and Papadopoulos created the goal, but they did nothing all game, Mantzios should have come in much earlier. Romero also should have come in earlier bc Ninis wasn't really doing anything earlier. Also Bovio was exhaused and should have been replaced. Yet because of one bonehead play by Anatolakis (he should have been gone at least 2 years ago), suddenly Munioz is a genius. If Olympiakos had managed to finish, this game could have been easily 2 or 3 to 0.

Regardless of this, congratulations to PAO for the win. To be honest I'm pissed we lost to you but that happens in soccer. What gets me is that people confuse what happened today with good tactics and smart coaching. People act as if PAO played well today. They were second best through most the game and barely created any chances (Ivanchitz was dangerous a few times). How a win changes reality this much is beyond me? Anyway, again congratulations on the win. Let's see if you can hold onto 2nd place and the CL

Everybody needs to wake up and realize that PAO didn't play well at all today. If Anatolakis didn't think he was Castillo (thinking he could dribble everyone) and give PAO what was basically an autogoal (I do give all credit for Salpi for running hard and creating it too), then all the vazeli here would be complaining about Munioz's tactics. He made a few big mistakes today that lucky for you, went unpunished. Yes, Salpigidis and Papadopoulos created the goal, but they did nothing all game, Mantzios should have come in much earlier. Romero also should have come in earlier bc Ninis wasn't really doing anything earlier. Also Bovio was exhaused and should have been replaced. Yet because of one bonehead play by Anatolakis (he should have been gone at least 2 years ago), suddenly Munioz is a genius. If Olympiakos had managed to finish, this game could have been easily 2 or 3 to 0.

Regardless of this, congratulations to PAO for the win. To be honest I'm pissed we lost to you but that happens in soccer. What gets me is that people confuse what happened today with good tactics and smart coaching. People act as if PAO played well today. They were second best through most the game and barely created any chances (Ivanchitz was dangerous a few times). How a win changes reality this much is beyond me? Anyway, again congratulations on the win. Let's see if you can hold onto 2nd place and the CL

file mou... ksexases kai to penalty pou den dothike yper tou pao ;)

i cant understand how u could not see how tactics were involved in the game...i believe that was the deciding factor...munoz had directions for his players..he wanted to sit in absorb their attack and then wait till the game was drawing a close to score..he even said "if we scored earlier, there would have been alot of problems" he knew oly would play like they did and organized and gave direction to the team that was needed...i too think that he made some errors..i agree..i think both manztios and romero should have come in early, but obviously he held good faith with salpi and pap and he was repaid...as for bovio, he was doing a good number on rivaldo and i dont believe he could have had a better replacement for the occasion...i am not saying pao played well, by no means, but we did have the right mindset and the right idea in order to win the game...he followed a very REHHAGEL type mindset...as a unit our team did well to prevent olympiakos from scoring despite afew chances..then when the game nearing the 60th minute u visibly saw we started a slow charge toward your goal but still focusing and not allowing olymiakos players space even though oly managed t do alittle bit of poenetrating...then when the time was right, we struck with alittle luck and hard work and took the win...munoz knew with an open game in karaiskaki we wuld not win, so he planned accordingly..if we had tied i would be saying the same thing (minus cmmenting on the goal)

i mean, if thats not smart tactics then i dont know what to tell u..this was a much smarter pao then a tactically good pao and thats fine by me..we worked very hard and accomplished what we werre trying to accomplish..so by this evidence in my eyes, munoz succeeded where lemonis failed..this showed by his rearragment of the team when djorjevic came on...this is football, each coach had its tactics and in another situation u may have beaten us 4-0 but munozs tactics prevailed..but of course some luck is always involved...

I agree with you in many ways, but my main problem is this, how could this be smart tactics if it boils down to this "hope Olympiakos misses 3-4 great chances and pray that one of their players will make a colossal mistake". PAO needed to win this game to make sure they stay ahead of AEK. This strategy that was employed wasn't a strategy to win. It did pay off in a weird way, but that doesn't mean this was smart, but rather lucky. I don't think it can be denied that if Anatolakis didn't do what he did, the fans would have been pissed that PAO didn't go for the win.

Yes, Salpigidis and Papadopoulos created the goal, but they did nothing all game, Mantzios should have come in much earlier. Romero also should have come in earlier bc Ninis wasn't really doing anything earlier.

I was thinking the same thing. I even wrote in this forum that Papadopoulos would need to be replaced.

Intuition comes from playing in many big games, knowing your players and your team. Munoz has good intuition and by zeus he has some star! I am not superstitious but you can tempt luck up to a point and then she has to bite. Munoz won this game today. He did the right things.

He drafted a plan that gave his team a chance, he played the best fit players, he kept out of form players out, he showed patience (by not making substitutions) and he was rewarded in the end.

As for the quality of football that I read and hear about, forget it. I have been watching Greek football since the early eighties (before that too, but I did not understand much) and I don't remember the day when a PAO-Oly game finished and I felt that I watched great football. Suspense yes; football? Rarely.

My team played well, and Olympiakos was not the better team today. Passing the ball around in midfield does not qualify as playing well in my book. They were really afraid of loosing the ball and they just played it safe. The few chances came from lucky bounces, and a couple of defensive errors. Like I said before, that's how this game was planned by the coach. Tight defense, patience, and a goal.

How many remember our win at Ajax as probably one of the biggest ever? How many remember that it was dominated by Ajax that missed incredible chances? Do we want our team to dominate every opponent? Sure. So did the Achaians but in the end they resurted to trickery to take Troy ;)

This win was sweet, not only because it was in Faliro, but because of what it would mean for our young players and the future of our team.

Personally, I am going to enjoy this win.

we had problems making crisp passes....we made a big one & it turned into a goal....Ebede made some nice saves... Greek soccer is years away from other leagues...HUGE WIN...OUR PELATES DID THEIR BEST...

at the end the gavri showed their class again... :tdown:

Thanks for the video links, Cyberfish. The goal was well taken and the Anatolakis trip of Papadopoulos was a clear penalty! As AEK found out in its game against Olympiakos, it is hard to get a penalty against the gavrous! Anyway, congrats to PAO for a great win!

out of the 5 chances osfp had, two of them were from direct defensive mistakes. In fact most goals are scored on either individual talent or defensive mistake. so sayin the goal pao scored was luck because anatolakis made a mistake is just wrong. in Fact, salpi stole the ball from him, its not like he made a pass to an opposing player.

just because osfp held the ball, (mostly at midfield) doesnt mean they dominated. How many times did u see Rivaldo have to come behind the midfield just to get the ball. Munoz in two games this season held rivaldo scorless. a truly tough task. he is Rivaldo.

Not forgettin that osfp was playing with basolutely no pressure as they are well ahead in the champiuonship race and pao had AEK's saturday win in the back of their mind. osfp TRIED to play open and were held mostly at midfield and two of their chances were on long balls from the half. the Borja header and the castillo lob over the net. mind you the game coulda been different with paps penalty being called. it coulda been 0-1 at the 60th and osf mifght have risked more and even conceeded a 2nd or 3rd goal.

the triple save by ebede was immense but i think a lot of you are foregttin that officially that play counts as 2 shots on goal as the third didnt count as a foul on ebede was called. either way. game over. the derby is over. and so is AEKS chance at 2nd place.

I agree with you in many ways, but my main problem is this, how could this be smart tactics if it boils down to this "hope Olympiakos misses 3-4 great chances and pray that one of their players will make a colossal mistake". PAO needed to win this game to make sure they stay ahead of AEK. This strategy that was employed wasn't a strategy to win. It did pay off in a weird way, but that doesn't mean this was smart, but rather lucky. I don't think it can be denied that if Anatolakis didn't do what he did, the fans would have been pissed that PAO didn't go for the win.

its like playing cards...u go in with a strong plan, play to your best ability and hope luck takes the rest of it over...munoz can only do so much and in my opinion he was the extra player on the field

Archived