Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos A. O. vs Racing club de Lens

trifilli

we played well the 1st 15 min. & the last 15 min..... everything in between had no sense of urgency....Thats not how you advance in UEFA...

its comforting to knowthat we have some nice young skilled players for the future, hopefully Tzigger doesnt F*CK them...

Lens played the game they wanted & we didnt

Nilsson,Ninis the 2 best players for me....That wasnt a red card

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep hearing about the 2 good chances as if that is such a rare thing.

2 good chances is the minimum not the mark of a good showing. Except for the occasional outburst (see AEK game) our attakers do not have the killer instinct that would expect to succeed in Europe. We see it at the club level, we see it in the NT.

Just like Otto, Munoz was pleading for the team to move forward and hear we are (except for the dying minutes) with a back line of 4 when we needed 2 GOALS!!!

That does not cut it.

I dont remember the last time I've been so frustrated with a game! WHAT A s%$#! PERFORMANCE! Ivan is a m#$%!, he cant cross for s%$#!!!

dont forget lens came to secure a 2-goal advantage and pao is missing key players. the performance was decent but nothing phenomenal, but olympiakos have hardly played much better.

as for ivanschitz, its funny we alway differ in opinion on players. to me he is the best foreign player in greece at the moment bearing in mind his age/potential/status, etc. ribo may be better but is much much older. ivanshitz is in his prime and was one of paos best over the last few games.

ninis was great yesterday.

everyone needs to chill out alittle i believe...we need to see the facts here and judge from that instead of comparing and contrasting and criticizing and speculating..

our average team age is very very young and as many people dnt see this as an excuse, neither do i...but we are young, and that does play a huge part in our success in europe and in greece..this is a fact..we need some older players in our squad to balance the team out..but considering our tean is very young, our performances as of recent have been very promising..i dont think losing to lens changes that..ive said this so many times..

Ethnikistis...u need to realize that the only way we(greek teams) will get out of this hole we are in is EXACTLY what pao is doing...we are sacrificing a year or twos results for development and experience of young and GREEK players...i feel you are commenting the way u are bc you actually do see pao doing a much smarter thing then olympaikos and u may not want to accept it...this pao reminds me of an older pao, we had acouple years of decent results but nothing spectualcular but still with a young team..then all of a sudden we started doing well with these players in europe, then we sold them..i see this happening again if and only if munoz stays.(hopefully minus the selling of good players)

the fact is our team has some players we dont need and a good amount of players that we do..i believe munoz sees this and will sift those players out..i have faith in him and i see him going in a great direction..if anyone has been actually WATCHING the games and payng attetion to the play instead of the result then u will see that pao is doing a very good things for themselves and for greek football in general...anyone who doesnt see this needs to open up their eyes..stop looking at just results and start looking into the games...thats the problem with greece and thats why our european rank is dropping near the likes of bulgaria...

mb this drop is a wake up call..imb itll show everyone we are going downhill and we need to start doing something about it by looking into the long run instead of just focusin on solving immediate problems...we need a total REARRANGEMT in greece and i see pao doing this...so i am happy...

ethnikists, i dont want to pick on you bc normally i really enjoy reading your posts but u said you dont rememebr being so frustrtated or something like that...i dont rememeber the last time we got knocked out of europe and i was so happy for the team...im not accpeting defeat or lower my standards...but i would rather see us building like we are then beat a team like lens..u cant look at just the results, but also the overall picture..and thats whats wrong with greek football..

dont forget lens came to secure a 2-goal advantage and pao is missing key players. the performance was decent but nothing phenomenal, but olympiakos have hardly played much better.

as for ivanschitz, its funny we alway differ in opinion on players. to me he is the best foreign player in greece at the moment bearing in mind his age/potential/status, etc. ribo may be better but is much much older. ivanshitz is in his prime and was one of paos best over the last few games.

ninis was great yesterday.

I'm not doubting his ability, but his performance in that one game was not good.

Ethnikistis...u need to realize that the only way we(greek teams) will get out of this hole we are in is EXACTLY what pao is doing...we are sacrificing a year or twos results for development and experience of young and GREEK players...i feel you are commenting the way u are bc you actually do see pao doing a much smarter thing then olympaikos and u may not want to accept it...

File mou thats a really immature response when you know that I'm not your typical Olympiakos fan. I dont really care who wins the Greek league, I dont support a team abroad (away from Greece that is), my whole football season consists of Greek (and Cypriot) teams in Europe and the national sides. So to say I'm making these comments because I see PAO doing smarter things than Oly is ridiculous. I get just as excited & emotional (if not more so) than PAO fans when PAO play in Europe, same goes with Oly, AEK, PAOK, etc. If someone was to ask me who I support I'd have to say all Greek teams in Europe. I have somewhat of a soft spot for Oly because as a kid living in England I only got to see Olympiakos on TV in Europe. For this same reason I have a soft spot for Aris & PAO in bball. We didnt have satellite and I'd sneek over to my friends house whenever I could to watch the games and these were the ones I'd see most often. But if PAO played Oly in the CL final I wouldnt care! I literally support them all!

ethnikists, i dont want to pick on you bc normally i really enjoy reading your posts but  u said you dont rememebr being so frustrtated or something like that...i dont rememeber the last time we got knocked out of europe and i was so happy for the team...im not accpeting defeat or lower my standards...but i would rather see us building like we are then beat a team like lens..u cant look at just the results, but also the overall picture..and thats whats wrong with greek football..

The reason I'm so frustrasted is because I believed in the side and for me there was no real pressure. So what if the players are young? Arsenal's 2nd team is VERY young and worth very little and they'd win the UEFA Cup hands down! I'm frustrated because I dont see this resurgence you describe. In the Superleague PAO have been s%$#!, in Europe the team played 2 average sides and lost 4-0 and 3-1 on agg. How can I be pleased with that? This wasnt the CL, it was the UEFA Cup and the opposition was not that good!

file, i know u support both teams in europe and i commend u for it..i really do, more greeks need to encourage every greek team in europe...i was not trying to attack u personally, but the truth is pao have a brighter future CURRENTLY then olympaikos and many oly fans are just satisfied wih winning the league and thats simply not right...paos team has showed a HUGE amount of potential and progress from the beginning of the season and it is showing in our recent performances...pretty much since the winter break, pao has showed what they are capable of..we do it in incrimints and i think with more expereince our players can play like that all the time...in order to see resurgence, you have to open your eyes...(thats not ment as an attack either) but in my opinion, out of the top 3 clubs, pao show the most potential of all of them

as for the arsenal comment...re, you know how much time and money they spend on their youth club...they not only have academies all over the world but they have many scouts scowering the globe..they pick up the cream of the crop and have possibly one of the best and most extensive youth programs in the world together with clubs like ajax...i understand their youth team can win any cup, but their youth players are also among some of the best youth players in the world...its like having a full starting 11 of players that are just as good and much better then ninis..no team in greece can reach that, hell, even most of the top clubs in the world cant even do that..they are excpetional and really incomparable...especially with any greek team ;)

i feel this is all we can say..opinions are opinions and i guess only time will tell..

i still like u ethnikists and admire your patriotism :gr: :gr: :gr:

If someone was to ask me who I support I'd have to say all Greek teams in Europe

My sentiments exactly. :gr: In every sport, age and gender. :gr:

Any Greek team's game abroad, is more important, than any PAO domestic game.

The Super-league is nothing more than practice, for the NTs and the Euro comps.

I will admit, my feelings have been with PAO forever.

Nothing is more anti PANATHINAIKOS, than a mindless fanatic who supports a foreign team over a Greek one... :tdown:

If other fans have a complex with PAO in Europe, it is sad for their clubs.

When PAO fans behave that way, it disgraces the TRIFYLLI, and everything our club stands for. <_<

PEACE

I understand most of you who don't live in greece and consider every greek team as an ambassador that could make you proud...

But this is not the case here...People who live inside the borders are getting proud as panathinaikoi,olympiakoi,aektsides,paoktsides etc. and not as greeks. (I am talking about the majority and not everyone.) I guess this happens in all countries. For example, Barca fans don't want real madrid to win the CL and vice versa.

What really unites us all is only the national team...but even the great success in Portugal couldn't give even the slightest boost in the championship. Quite the opposite as the level is constantly decreasing!

So, for those who say that we need good runs in europe in order for the super-league to improve, I don't really think so...We could have a decent championship if the "heads" wanted that,even if they failed in europe in the first round! But that is the least thing they care about.

Archived