Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos A. O. vs Racing club de Lens

trifilli

I think PAO can go through if he plays with confidence, but we ARE prone to mental mistakes. I hope for an exciting match and at least for a good performance.

No matter how you slice it, it will be a great event for PAO and Greek football to beat Lens and advance. And, I repeat: PAO should concentrate on the UEFA this year & next year. I don't really care for 2nd league position and playing early in the qualifiers for the CL.

We've got a good core of players, a great coach, and a REALISTIC hope for the future, but we'll need some time after the end of the season to prepare for the next.. not have to worry about the qualifiers.

[ok, ofcourse I'll be excited to play in the CL for a few games, but...]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a touch game.

With a little luck we can advance.

The lineup is what we expected with Ebede, Vintra, and Nilsson all playing along with Goumas and Morris.

Ninis gets his first Euro start today next to Tziolis, Bovio, and Ivanschitz

Papadopoulos with Salpigidis up front can create havoc and score with a little luck.

On the bench, Galinovic, Antonsson, Leontiou, Romero, Theodoridis, Manzios, and what I think is a pleasant surpre, Boutzikos, leaving the likes of Biscan, Haralabidis, Andric out.

From the radio reports it looks like Lens is playing with only one forward, Jemaa, and five midfielders.

About 50,000 fans in OAKA tonight :tup:

we are going to have to risk a bit more in the second half. They are content to hold the ball in midfield and we are ultra careful in midfield.

Goumas, Morris, Ivanschitz had an excellent first half. Salpi, Pap, and Ninis had some good moments but they can't find much space. We could use a bit more help from Tziolis and Bovio.

I would take out Tziolis at this point and insert Mantzios. Papadopoulos is working hard in midfield. It looks like Mantzios might be more dangerous up front. It looks like his kind of game where 16 players are scurrying outside the Lens box.

I dont remember the last time I've been so frustrated with a game! WHAT A s%$#! PERFORMANCE! Ivan is a m#$%!, he cant cross for s%$#!! Bovio was just hoofing the ball up there! Its a joke! To those getting involved in the conversation earlier, yes Lens are nothing more than average, yes Shakhter are better and yes Oly are miles ahead of PAO! At least they can string 2 passes together or their 'geroi' can put in the odd performance. PAO had to score 2 and there wasnt even really any chances!!! WHAT A JOKE!!! I've ###### had enough of these s%$#! performances in Europe!

If PAO want a team Galinovic, Vintra, Nilson, Antonsson, and Bovio all have to go! Get some money and buy some decent players m#$%! Vardinoyianni!

Archived