Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos A. O. vs Racing club de Lens

trifilli

I expect a FULL OAKA for this game :tup:

Let's build on the good form and positive psychology!

An early goal and solid defense may be the key.

As long as the score is 1-0, there is hope...

PAO,

mporeis,

mporeis na prokritheis

ELLAS EUROPH PANATHINAIKOS ! :gr:

PEACE

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what is going to happen. Lens is not like AEK, and the game will be different because we need to score 2 goals more than Lens... not how a domestic derby is played.

Anyway, it remains to be seen whether we found stability in our performances. Just over a week ago, we couldn't beat OFI at OAKA!

But, a team rides on success and no game is too small not to bother. I never understood the theory, let's rest our players.... which meant, let's not try too hard for this game. At least in Greece, this has been proven disastrous!

To be honest, I'd trade 3 goals from the AEK game for the Lens.... I'd be much happier if we beat the frenchies 3-0!

whatever happens, this team has shown moments of brilliance.

Let's not forget that we have a very young team. only goumas in our starting 11 is older then 24. That in turn brings out the lack of consistency that we have seen in recent weeks and months.

Even against OFI, if not for our defensive blunders, our offence was completely dominating. we had chance upon chance upon chance but couldnt finish. even yesterday, four goals on 8 GREAT scoring chances. no matter who you play, be it AEK or Lens, if u have 8 GREAT scoring chances, you will win.

i think we are a RB and a LB away from being truly great in greece. with the added year of experience, i seriously see PAO developping into a great team.

As far as europe is concerned, lets face it. its all about luck and fitness. Any team can produce wins at any time against any team. if we managed to tie the best team in the world last year at OAKA, it is just fact that anything can happen.

depending on who your drawn with, your team can only go so far, logically, but you have to start somewhere.

The longer a team plays together, the better they learn to play.

As far as Lens go, we had a very positive showing in France, with a few mistakes that might cost us the prokrisi. As long as we play hard and make an effort, whether we win 1-0 or 5-0 i will be happy. of course i wont go partying if dont qualify, but it would be nice to see pao in the final 16.

We played so well in France without our, some may say, best player so far this second half, in Sotiris Ninis.

Our team is completely different with Ninis in the lineup. and last thursday we played 85 minutes with Romero instead.

Maybe thats another thing that can give our players wings.

later skaters

We will win and go through this Lens team is not as good as everyone makes them seem. If we can FINISH our chances and play a game like we did this Sunday we will have no trouble with this team. We need to get on their goalie early he is not that great and we need to pressure their def from the wings instead of the long ball to middle like last game.

We will win and go through this Lens team is not as good as everyone makes them seem. If we can FINISH our chances and play a game like we did this Sunday we will have no trouble with this team. We need to get on their goalie early he is not that great and we need to pressure their def from the wings instead of the long ball to middle like last game.

I agree! Lens are an average side at best and PAO are stronger, YES STRONGER! Its all in PAO's hands and I think we'll see a 2-0 win.

AEK cannot be compared with LENS.

They have nothing in common, other than the color yellow.

PAO gifted Lens a win in France. That does not mean they are not a very dangerous team. There will be counter attacking galore Thursday night...

The 4-1 result should be celebrated, but is no indication of how the mid week game will be.

How many games this season did we win by 2 goals?

This will be a difficult task and one that psychology will play a big part.

If things go well initially the fans will be instrumental.

Let's be grounded. It will take the best performance of the year for PAO.

This team has been improving and there is no better time to prove what they really are made of.

Nilsson and Leontiou could be key on the sides of the defense.

BELIEVE in the European PANATHINAIKO :tup:

PEACE

The funny thing about football is how quickly it can change peoples opinions.

No more then 2 weeks ago, people were bad mouthing pao because they took into account final scores and individual mistakes. exactly 18 days ago, here Ethnikistis was saying that AEK and OSFP are miles ahead of pao simply because pao lost at toumba in a kloutso skoufi game where all paok was doing, was tryin to cut pao and played with 11 back. Both of their goals came from crosses with mistakes from our CB's and RB and all this caused people to forget the fact that PAO is a young team where only one player is over the age of 25. (goumas). what people seem to forget is that what comes with youth is inconsistency. its very normal for a young inexperienced team to struggle at times.

But there people were tryin to convince me that pao's future was not bright. and now, because of a solid showing in france and complete domination against a lucky over rated team, it looks like pao is the future of greek football.

Something which i have been sayin for the past year.

when pao lost @ Paris St-Germain, everybody laughed. a young, inexperienced team, going into a struggling french sides home, a french side that NEEDED a win to advance. and there was the ''EURO PAO'' copping 4 goals.

now i agree that is BAD. no team playin in europe should conceed 4 goals. and yes it had happened twice last year. But that same team managed to draw with barcelona at OAKA. again. Inconsistency. Youth. Etc.

then we have the super AEK team, which apparently was the best team in the greek league, Lose 0-2 AT HOME to that same French team with no less then 6 regulars out of the lineup.

And these same people will say , Aek has a young team as well. But how young are they. Sure there are a few players at 19 20 21. but most of the regulars are 30 31 and even 33 years old.

Whether pao wins tomorrow or not, i am proud of my team. i am proud for sticking by them and coach Munoz. this is a young team with nothing but a bright future.

either way.. i say 2-1 for pao tomorrow. sorry fellas heartache ahead.

No more then 2 weeks ago, people were bad mouthing pao because they took into account final scores and individual mistakes. exactly 18 days ago, here Ethnikistis was saying that AEK and OSFP are miles ahead of pao simply because pao lost at toumba in a kloutso skoufi game where all paok was doing, was tryin to cut pao and played with 11 back. Both of their goals came from crosses with mistakes from our CB's and RB and all this caused people to forget the fact that PAO is a young team where only one player is over the age of 25. (goumas). what people seem to forget is that what comes with youth is inconsistency. its very normal for a young inexperienced team to struggle at times.

But there people were tryin to convince me that pao's future was not bright. and now, because of a solid showing in france and complete domination against a lucky over rated team, it looks like pao is the future of greek football.

when pao lost @ Paris St-Germain, everybody laughed. a young, inexperienced team, going into a struggling french sides home, a french side that NEEDED a win to advance. and there was the ''EURO PAO'' copping 4 goals.

now i agree that is BAD. no team playin in europe should conceed 4 goals. and yes it had happened twice last year. But that same team managed to draw with barcelona at OAKA. again. Inconsistency. Youth. Etc.

then we have the super AEK team, which apparently was the best team in the greek league, Lose 0-2 AT HOME to that same French team with no less then 6 regulars out of the lineup.

And these same people will say , Aek has a young team as well. But how young are they. Sure there are a few players at 19 20 21. but most of the regulars are 30 31 and even 33 years old.

Whether pao wins tomorrow or not, i am proud of my team. i am proud for sticking by them and coach Munoz. this is a young team with nothing but a bright future.

either way.. i say 2-1 for pao tomorrow. sorry fellas heartache ahead.

And I still think Oly are miles ahead. I wish that wasnt the case but its a fact. If PAO go out tomorrow its still a ridiculously poor exit because the first decent side PAO played they lost too! I hope PAO do it, and I'm sure it will be a historic night but if not what exactly has this team acheived?? A 3-1 loss away to an average team like Lens is s%$#!! The positive was the performance but AEK played well against Anderlecht, failed to win and went out, Oly played well against everyone except Valencia away and Shakhter at home and they finished bottom! Point is performances dont mean s%$#!! Let's get a result before we here talking! ;)

when pao lost @ Paris St-Germain, everybody laughed. a young, inexperienced team, going into a struggling french sides home, a french side that NEEDED a win to advance.

when pao lost @ Paris St-Germain, everybody laughed. a young, inexperienced team, going into a struggling french sides home, a french side that NEEDED a win to advance.

And I still think Oly are miles ahead. I wish that wasnt the case but its a fact. If PAO go out tomorrow its still a ridiculously poor exit because the first decent side PAO played they lost too! I hope PAO do it, and I'm sure it will be a historic night but if not what exactly has this team acheived?? A 3-1 loss away to an average team like Lens is s%$#!! The positive was the performance but AEK played well against Anderlecht, failed to win and went out, Oly played well against everyone except Valencia away and Shakhter at home and they finished bottom! Point is performances dont mean s%$#!! Let's get a result before we here talking! ;)

Olympiakos is far from miles ahead in terms of team direction. In the table yeah you are right. OSFP has no youth hope, and can NOT function without 3 players - 2 of who are very old. In terms of program and team play you are dead wrong man. OSFP is not in great shape at all. PAO might not be in great shape but we have the means available and laid out for us to do so, and progress is slowly happening this season.

3-1 loss to an AVERAGE team? ?????

2nd place in France is AVERAGE NOW? Considering how 1 goal was an error/clear foul on Galinovic, and one of them was simple retardation from Vyntra, we did pretty well! We still have some small hope of qualifying! where the hell is OSFP who cant beat Shaktar Donetsk at home just to stay in europe! But theyre miles ahead? Id much rather play Shaktar than Lens anyday!

Archived