Phantis Forums

Racing club de Lens vs Panathinaikos A. O.

trifilli

PAO still has the chance to go thru. But his defence can do the same mistakes like they did in France. If PAO can score a goal in the first half i think they got a good chance but if they don't then i see the croud about 15 minutes before the game ends to start boooooing the players!!!!! As an AEK fan and especially GREEK i wish PAO best of luck next Wensday. Now for Sunday i hope you guys loose!!! :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With no doubt, Lens is by far the best team PAO has played this year.

The most encouraging aspect of that game was the fact that Munioz had a plan that worked and the players were able to follow it.

How many times does Munioz usually yell at the players?

He looked quiet last night, the game was going according to his plans.

Even after the goal that came out of nowhere and at a very crucial time, the team was able to react according to the plan and attack much more.

We missed several good chances, some of which would have been goals at the legs of Lens players...

When things were looking completely up and under control, an unlucky moment and severe misjudgement from Gali GIFTED a goal to Lens, only a short time later.

Even then the game was balanced and PAO was looking for the equalizer.

2-1 was a scoreline that would promise a very exciting game at OAKA.

Another terrible INDIVIDUAL error, from a player that has become more often than not, a liability to the team, cost PAO a considerable percentage towards our chances for qualification.

The fact is that the score should have been 1-1 if not for the gifts

Lens did very little to deserve those two goals, and that is where my optimism lies.

Not so much on the possibilities of qualification, which I think are very slim.

The result at OAKA could be anything really.

We may beat Lens, probably not by 2 goals.

Lens' game however, is counter attack, and that is why I think PAO will have a hard time, even winning. We do not have the luxury to defend anymore like we did in France or like we would do with a 1-1 score.

When attacking, PAO becomes very vulnerable in the back, and I am very concerned that Lens WILL score.

For PAO to have chances, the game has to be at 1-0 early. Then PAO can play the waiting game and hope to score another one.

As long as Lens has no goals the game will be interesting.

Let's just say that I hope for nothing like the Auxaire series from 2004 Scum's team :tdown:

PAO beating Lens will be the highlight of he season. :tup:

PAO, mporeis,

mporeis, na prokritheis!! :gr:

PEACE

I hear people on the radio and on the web wandering why we are content even though we lost 3-1.

I can only speak for myself, and I can say that even though I got an empty feeling at the way the game ended, I was very encouraged by several things. I don't mind if my team loses, it's part of the game, but I do not like it if we don't play hard (even when we win). I am still excited about the game despite the score.

In the game against Lens the team showed character. The way they reacted after we found ourselves down one, away from home, was what I expect from my team in these situations. We pressed, we scored, and when we found ourselves loosing by a very manageable score (2-1) we did not shrink back to preserve a good score.

We pressed forward to equalize. When I heard on the radio that Ninis was coming in at the period when we were pressing forward, I thought to my self "we are getting greedy now". But that's the way I like it. Sure, Lens probably lured us into their half hopping to counterattack, but I like our team going out in Europe and giving opponents fits. We could have equalized, but as luck would have it a mental error gave Lens the advantage.

I was also happy that the players showed something we have rarely seen in the last couple of years. They played with heart and confidence as is fitting for Pao's tradition.

Now that we dug ourselves a little hole with the score, it's going to be a very interesting game at OAKA next week. We have to risk forward, and Lens likes to counterattack. Our defense is weak, but so is theirs. We can score, and so can they. This is the game I would love to see, but the radio would have to do. If we play hard I don't care if we don't advance

BTW thanks to all for making this forum a virtual "cafe" during the game, and to those who watched the game and posted descriptions.

here is an article I find a bit unfair about his mistakes.....because when Nikopolidis was making far worse, and far more frequent mistakes nobody said 1 thing....and this was for Olympiakos and every game for Greece in the 2006 qualifyers...

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/UEFACup...kos/142807.html

my point proven....

reason why nikopolidis doesnt cop it at all is coz his Greek...

Mario cops it because his a croatian and not Greek, if he was Greek do u think people will be as harsh on him???

Nikopolidis is far better than both our keepers ;)

If PAO fans refuse to admit that. for reasons of pride, is another story

I am very glad he is our NT goalie, instead of someone like Ebede or Gali.

Every goalie makes mistakes, Antonis is no exception.

He makes far less, than our keepers, and saves some great ones too.

I have NO doubt in my mind, the score would have been 2-1 with Antonis under the PAO goalposts :tup:

This is not the first huge blunder Gali makes.

Anyone remember the 2-1 vs Rosenborg at Leoforos?

Gali lost the ball through his hands and PAO conceded a goal in the last minutes of the game :tdown:

Gonzo was the man of that match scoring two amazing goals. :nw:

PEACE

here is an article I find a bit unfair about his mistakes.....because when Nikopolidis was making far worse, and far more frequent mistakes nobody said 1 thing....and this was for Olympiakos and every game for Greece in the 2006 qualifyers...

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/UEFACup...kos/142807.html

my point proven....

reason why nikopolidis doesnt cop it at all is coz his Greek...

Mario cops it because his a croatian and not Greek, if he was Greek do u think people will be as harsh on him???

no i dont beleive that.

Remember Xalkias had some errors and went through tons of critisism. Also Xiotis with AEK when he was making mistakes.....

Archived