Jump to content
Phantis Forums

J1078

Members
  • Posts

    2,828
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    185

Everything posted by J1078

  1. How many years are we going to have to suffer with you his s%$#! team.. No coach can fix this team..
  2. We have no one to blame but ourselves as we put ourselves in this position.. maybe next campaign FFS...
  3. F*** off penalty Finland give me a break man..
  4. I have no clue what to expect from this game at all. Do we fall apart and does Finland expose us or do we strike lightning in a bottle and have a surprisingly good game with a very different line up...
  5. I agree as soon as I think Greece pull away they come right back and close the gap..
  6. Greece is starting to pull away... we got this match
  7. Going into this game on Thursday a result is not good enough we need to win, we need 6 points in our next two games if we want any slim chance of qualifying.. a loss or a draw eliminates us.. You have to also expect Bosnia to get 6 points as they are playing Liechtenstein and Armenia... We have dug ourselves a huge hole and only 6 points will give us hope.. I also agree with a previous poster that it’s time for Manolas and Socrates to put up or shut up, they went out of there way to demand Ang gets fired which I agree with so it’s time for them to step up in a big way.. I don’t have big expectations but who knows maybe we can finally get a much needed win..
  8. Samaris needs a break from the starting roll he’s been so s%$#! the the NT for a while now.. I don’t want him to start..
  9. I agree since there is so little time before the Finland game is the coach seems to understand not to complicate things we wants to keep it simple and have a very basic game plan which is a good idea don’t try to change to much all at once as we don’t have time to go through the iOS and down of a new style.. He wants speed and energy.. I’m pretty sure Pelkas will be the guy starting... he’s definitely not my first or second choice either but seem like we don’t have a better option.
  10. The one thing I like about his press conference is speaks realistic and is not setting people hopes to high he knows there is lots of work to do.. he’s being realistic.. he know how important getting a result in Finland is but he’s being realistic as he has had no time to work with the team..
  11. Still not sure why Mitro the only proven goal scorer this team has had was not called up even as a sub at the very least an option... Scores his 2nd goal in his second game....
  12. Watch us beat Finland and then lose to Liechtenstein..???
  13. Finally Donis is healthy but yet he's not called up... I still would have called up Mitro at least as a bench option.
  14. What was once a solid defensive team have allowed 8 goals in our last 3 qualifier games against Bosnia, Italy and Armenia and we have become one of the easiest teams to score against. Add that in with the fact that we have NEVER won in Finland in our history and we have a coaches first game in a do or die game who in no way has enough time to implement change tells me we have a minimal chance at best to come out with 3 points in this game. Call me pessimistic all you want but the truth in the matter is this team has completely disappointed and looked like a mediocre minnow at best since our last world cup appearance so there is no optimism on my end right now.
  15. Qualifications will be very difficult. We have a do or die game next Thursday. The fact that our players folded and potentially threw the game against Armenia to get the coach fired probably cost us any chance we had. If we somehow pull a win then we should be right back in the mix of things.. To be honest no one knows what to expect with this team as they are in a mess IMO.. We are a week away and no real introduction or press conference has happened yet.. Has the coach even had enough time to properly scout the players and reach out to the guys... I mean what's going to happen 3 days before the game against Finland they are all going to get together and all of a sudden put together a new style of play and we think it's going to work?? I hate to say this but I think this may be a disaster for the NT as any coach that comes in needs more time then we have for this qualification..
  16. I was a supporter of Fetfa joining the team as well but the more I think about it do we really not just want to start playing some younger players? Has Fetfa done anything where he currently is playing? Is he even getting regular playing time as a starter? All off these things need to be taken into consideration, he has not emerged like some of us thought he would.. I just don’t know if we should keep mentioning him as a starter for this team not sure he is the solution.. I’m not against having him called up don’t get me wrong I’m just thinking we have exhausted his name and not sure it’s worth it or not.. Playing in the Middle East did no favours for his career.. to be honest I don’t even think the new coach will even consider him.. I’m also not expecting this coach to make drastic changes to start I’m sure he wants to se first hand what he has and what he is working with.. It won’t be easy to go into Finland with a new coach and a new system and get a win so I’m just hoping I see some positive signs from this coach and it’s kind of not fair to be put into a do or die situation as your first game as a coach.. We don’t beat Finland we are done..
  17. Has the new coach not had a press conference? They play in less then a month are they not going to introduce the coach and hear what the guy has to say about his plan with the team??
  18. Going back to Santos' plan. https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/new-ethniki-outlook-to-be-shaped-by-santos-vision
  19. https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/agona-profile-vant-schip-aiming-to-prove-the-doubters-wrong
×
×
  • Create New...