Jump to content
Phantis Forums

J1078

Members
  • Posts

    2,828
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    185

Everything posted by J1078

  1. I agree I’m not a big fan of this line up either.. But as JVS stayed himself in his interview he’s doing things to get prepared for 2020 Qatar he’s a plan. This line is rumoured so don’t know how true it is anyways..
  2. https://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2020/09/message-to-ethniki-omada-coaching-team.html?m=1
  3. Rumored line up as per Hellas Football, Barkas- Bakakis, Svarnas, Stafylidis, Tsimikas, Bouchalakis, Zeca, - Liminos, Bakasetas, Masouras - Pavlidis Thoughts if this is true?
  4. ^Thank you.... If we think this is a hard group then we better not even show up for the World cup Qualifiers. I agree we need to get over this mentality that we are the same quality of these type of teams. Our results over the last few years may suggest other wise but come on guys we should dominate this group. I think in the past with those humiliating losses i strongly believe it wasn't due to lack of talent but rather we became a fragile team that lost its confidence, No one can sit here and say the Faroe Islands, Hungary and the rest of the garbage teams we lost to was because they had superior players. It was the mentality and the egos on the team that caused this horrible transition after our last world cup. The team needs to get its confidence back and start thinking we can beat anyone anytime and i think JVS is starting to build that mentality with the team especially the young players transitioning to the NT..
  5. Seriously who the FCK is Fetfa to think he can complain about playing time?? does he think he's a superstar?? I totally agree JVS as well, who gives a s%$#! what you bring to the team if you put yourself before the team and make it about you then I am glad JVS has cut these guys. We have gone through this for to many years where players dictate who plays and when with the Ethniki. Time for a coach to take control of this team and kick all these hard headed players that make it about themselves off the team for good. Good on JVS
  6. Just like @Ellada2004 said, Socratis is done maybe JVS will give Manolas a chance down the road but obviously there is a problem with these players attitude that causes problems in the dressing room or put pressure on the coach for player selection so why would anyone ever select them if that’s the case? We knew this team needed to be rebuilt and change the attitude of the team. What is the point of having those guys in the lineup if it’s going to bring down the moral of the team? Not sure you were complaining when we beat Finland, Bosnia, And so on without those guys in the lineup but Im sure you complained when we lost to Armenia for F*** sakes with Manolas in the line up.. Let’s just wait and see we have our two toughest matches in the group coming up and let’s see how the team performs as I think JVS deserves that chance due to the difference he’s made with the team in such a short time frame..
  7. Dude Ive been complaining about our teams performance for the last 5 years man so now that we have a coach that finally got something to click and has the team looking confident and playing the most attractive football we've played in years WITHOUT manolas and Socratis you still want to complain??? Just give the guy a chance man..
  8. Dude Sokratis and Manolas are done, they are obviously a cancer in the dressing room and to be honest how far have they got us?? we've gone through how many coaches and we've been losing to the worst teams in the world with both of those guys in the line up. Its time to rebuild the team in a proper way as we saw what happened after our last world cup appearance when guys retired we were screwed. Give JVS a chance man the guy has us playing our best soccer in years.
  9. I was wondering the same thing... Usually by now the callups should have been released..
  10. Bottom line is if we cant top this group then how can we think we have a chance at the world cup qualifiers.... Sure this group has a couple of tricky teams but lets be honest its GROUP C not A or B we have to top this group no excuses. Its embarrassing enough that we have fallen this low now its time to start climbing upwards and get back to some sort of respectability as a team because for the last few years we have fallen just above minnow status..
  11. I wanted Holevas back when we had Skibbe but now the way the team is going and shaping up and his age it would be a step backwards for us.
  12. Boys how does winning group C in the nations league help us for the world cup if at all?
  13. Is Baldock eligible to play for us? Does anyone have the schedule of who we play and when? I know our first game is September the 3rd.
  14. Has the NT still not decided on where they are going to play there home games yet?
  15. I don't see anyway Fountas is not included in the line up.
  16. Boys let’s not forget all of the coaches we have had since our last World Cup appearance and with Manolas, Socratis and Mitro we lost to the minnows of the world on more then one occasion and didn’t qualify for a single tournament. Now that we have a coach that finally is playing some attractive football we want to question his decision making?? Obviously there is a problem with those guys or else they would have been called up and the coach would have Incorporated them into the lineup around the younger players. Based on all of JVS articles you can read between the lines these guys think they’re bigger then NT and they need to run the show.. I’m completely fine with seeing how far JVS can take this team who is still rebuilding and building on chemistry and attitude in the dressing room which was clearly lacking on the team. If you bring these guys back right now, all that hard work that has been done to turn this team around can be gone right away especially with this lay off so I don’t think JVS wants to take the chance on bringing in bad attitudes.
  17. Here is a recent article where JVS is talking about player selections and who wasn't called up for the friendlies in the US before it got cancelled. I think by this article we can honestly say Socratis, Manolas and Mitro are all done from the NT. You can see where he was asked about Socraits and Manolos and he responded "we want players that will give 100% to the team" That statement shows that these two were a big problem for the NT and he wants to move forward with new young talent and not moving backwards, https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/van-t-schip-we-will-choose-players-who-fight-for-the-national-team
  18. https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/konstantinidis-we-must-have-humility-and-respect-everyone
  19. I like Stafy but I think he’s a bench player not a starter. A captain of the team needs to be a regular starter and role player IMO.. Right now I don’t know who that is as we have a lot of new faces and young guys on the team. Maybe Fortounis but he looks disinterested sometimes and other times he looks brilliant but not sure if he has the character needed to be captain.. I’m probably on my own in saying this but I don’t think I want to see Socratis back on the team. Manolas maybe I give a chance to see if he fits in nicely.. but as I said before with these two guys it’s all or nothing for them. So they won’t be okay with being benched..
  20. Here is a recent interview with the coach.. I figured I would share just to give us something to discuss during this madness going on in the world.. I’ve really become a fan of this coach. I was on the fence when they hired him but it looks like they made a good choice.. https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/van-t-schip-our-goal-is-to-qualify-for-the-next-major-tournament
  21. The Euros have also been suspended for one year. They will play next summer.
  22. Really? That sucks..
  23. Let’s not move backwards we just starting to see results and the type of team that has some creativity and balance. Manolas and Socratis don’t offer any pace moving the ball forwards the way JVS wants to play.. it would be great if they were the type of players that can be called up and support the team whether they play or not but they will cause a stink and I would not take the chance to disrupt what the coach has tried to build so far. In a perfect world they are called up and only play when the teams needs to shut it down to secure points. Let’s see if JVS is willing to give them a chance during these March friendless to see if they can fit in with his style of play.
  24. Why is it a no brainer? How many games have we won with both of them playing over the last 4 years? They were dictating which players should be called up and starting and obviously creating a bad environment for the younger players when they didn’t get their way. The minute both of them were not called up Greece started playing the best football they have played in years.. The problem is the minute you call both of these players up and you don’t start them or limit their minutes they will immediately bring a bad vibe to the team. Personally I would keep them off the team for now because with both of these players it has to be all or nothing meaning if they don’t start or are benched they won’t sit back and just be supportive and will it have a negative effect on the team.
×
×
  • Create New...