Phantis Forums

Barcelona Cafe

I think we have several members here who are Barca fans, so we should have our own thread if you like. Otherwise I'll delete/lock this thread if there's no interest or you think we should keep one thread for all La Liga topics.

• Like it 2

Here another fan of the way Barca lives football. My wife and two of my kids are member of the official Barca-penya of Holland. As PAOKtzis I denied to join them. My religion is Black and White. But I watch them every game they play.

What a great club it is. Look at their records:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FC_Barcelona_records_and_statistics

Barca is creative and Messi's penalty was for entertainment value since they were winning the game anyway. But, I think technically there was a violation since Suarez was not outside the box when Messi took the shot. In that case the ref could have ordered a repeat.  But, regardless, it was a beauty.  I just didn't know that Neymar was supposed to get it. I thought they planned to give Suarez the goal so he can advance as a top scorer in La Liga over Ronaldo.

As to the other point, Barca is a complete team, and for me, it's pure joy to watch them play. They've been criticized for passing (or hiding) the ball too much, but it's a skill I appreciate, and at any point they can break ahead with lots of options as to where to pass the ball and how to attack. This is something that takes a long time to perfect.

One of the reasons I became a Barca fan was its history, and its struggle against the fascist Franco, who was a huge fan of Real and tried to destroy Barca. But, it's been an attractive club for me over the years.

• Like it 1

Neymar made the winner.

Barca played uninspired and missed some 100% classic goals that could not be missed. Instead of killing the game Las Palmas could hope till the last minute. Can not understand why that team is so low on the table of the Primera Division.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

Arsenal has to be respected but they don't have a good defense and their offense is erratic. Their goal differential isn't good in the premier league. They're better than Oly but Arsenal struggled to advance out of the group stage.

I still have to favor Barca over 2 games.

Did someone of you watched a game of Barcelona live?

I went with my wife and kids to Camp Nou on May 5th 2013 against Betis Sevilla. A 4-2 win with two goals by Messi who came on as a substitute after an injury.

Here are the highlights of that game:

http://youtu.be/-yiPaA1mJYE

Edited by Dutch Eagle

Great game today, beat Arsenal in their home, 2-0. Fair result, Barca had more quality chances. Messi scored both, one penalty kick he won. It could have been at least twice as many if Suarez had been his usual self and not miss from great positions.

Here another fan of the way Barca lives football. My wife and two of my kids are member of the official Barca-penya of Holland. As PAOKtzis I denied to join them. My religion is Black and White. But I watch them every game they play.

What a great club it is. Look at their records:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FC_Barcelona_records_and_statistics

Bravo re Dutch Eagle.

I really appreciate the passing and retention, it is so hard tp do it the way they do I love ot. Most pf all Barvelona is the pinnacle of teamwork and how teams should play.

All right.  So I'm just going to say it ::ducks head while walking backwards::.  I find watching Barcelona so boring most of the time.  I mean to the point where I tune out from watching and just don't anymore.  Yes, it's perfect football but it's not entertaining watching a team that is so superior to 90% of the opposition they play.  Seriously, 90% of their games are like watching a training session.  The contest is ... non existent.  I don't get any pleasure from watching it.  Yes the passing is crisp and the goals are clinical and yes they play like a team but they are just too good most of the time.  Only when they play one of the big teams do I find it interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Barca wins another championship and could win the cup too.  Over all, in the last 10 years, this team has been phenomenal. Even though I'm very happy for Barca, there's a chasm between the elite teams and the rest of Europe.  Yes, money isn't everything but it sure makes a big difference. How can you compete with an elite team when it can spend more for one player than the whole budget of a Greek team?

La Masia has a 5 year plan for their kids Pana that's why not many have come through of late, hopefully the next season or 2 we will see a few, most play for the Barca B team which is where Iniesta Xavi and Messi all started....

As for Arsenal they are the biggest pretenders in Football, this season was their best chance ever to win the league with United, City, Chelsea all in shambles and they still F***ed it, their fans well F*** they are seriously deluded also, being happy 2 fa cups in last 12 years, no title and only 1 CL final appearance in 20 attempts, poor mans club.......

The level at Barcelona is very high. Have you seen some of those so called "rondo" ?

Tiki taka on a few square meters around the kick-off-spot. You got to have enormous skills.

I think that it's too fast for Arda.

And I hear that he does not speak Spanish. Better he does not want to speak it. Let alone Catalan.

In my opinion you have to adapt in your new environment. Speaking the language is step one and obligatory to succeed.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...