Phantis Forums

Greece - Lithuania

Irlandos

ir.........i am a big salpi fan...always have been.

so i'm not advocating sittng salpi...i am advocating finding a spot of fetfa...maybe on the left...plenty of footage with him shooting left footed...and since he can get around people he can find space to go to his stronger leg..(if in fact it is) who is there now? holebas? spiro? ??? nowhere near the talent that fetfa has...

coaches job to meld everyone's talents....besides i thought he was an attacking midfielder rather than a winger. then again it depends how the coach lines them up

play a 4-4-2 (even though formations dont matter as much anymore) put him next to fourtounis & ninis & tsiolis or your fav kats) salpi/samaras/mitro combo....

but a you know - in soccer the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts....if they dont play as a unit i does not matter who is on the field...one guy cant dribble an entire team

correction:

"nowhere near the INDIVIDUAL talent fetfa has"

individual talent means nothing if the coach cant create a team whose players can maximize each others talents...case in point:

if fetfa holds the ball too long, it will choke the offense to a certain degree...samaras has a habit of doing this also, although he has made some nifty passes as well (salpi ukraine)

again santos has some ability - just needs to shape it correctly...

just as a side note, i was was watching some soccer skills highlights with my kids....there is NO FREAKIN WAY fetfa cant be n this team as a starter...........its borderline criminal that he is not a MAIN part of this team....he's waaaaaay above anyone skill dribble wise and create teh space we need....(provided he gets help)

Right on

I don't agree that Santos is not playing Fetfa because of Salpi...thats ridiculous. I don't want to take anything away from Salpi because he is important to the team; however we have no other players like Fetfa who has incredible control, speed, and creativity. Salpi does not have the control; he can't dribble around 5 defenders. I would usually start Fetfa on the right and bring Salpi in around the 75th. Or, lets say we're in a WC and we're about to play a team that you know we're going to beat unless our players are drunk; then I would start Salpi. I would would also bring him in if something is not really clicking with the team and we need a goal, because he can certainly finish. Thats how I would use him; a good coach knows when and how to use the right players at the right time.

As far as starting him on the left, I wouldn't even though he has shifted around there before. We have Xristo, Fortounis and Holebas for that spot.

I showed clips of Fetfa to people who are very casual football watchers, people you wouldn't call fans and even they look at him and go, " wow how could you not be playing this guy?" I think its obvious. And I do think something is going on, especially with the corruption going on there.

the trick with fetfa or any other individual talent is to get him time with the regulars so they and he know how to best maximize his individual ability...i dont necessarily want him to try and dribble 5 guys all the time - but if he can create odd man rushes by leaving a few guys behind, then we need attacking mids to push up and use the space he has created....this comes form repetitions with the team so that they learn to be comfortable with this type of attacking style....

remember when the other teams fear your attack they keep more guys back (like we do all the time) and try to counter so we need to reverse that style a bit and understand how to make it work for us within the context of our defensive prowess (which i think has slipped )

nin fourtouni fetfa must be on the field at the same time for a majority of the time...

forget holebas.....i would put fetfa on the left wing, salpi on the right wing, fourtouni nini tsiolis behind them with samaras floating between those three groupings....

two paps, avraam (never thought i would say that) when he is healthy and torosidi and you have the makings of a good squad..........bring in motro and gekas maybe to shake things up, katsourani and that new kid that came in late.....thats it...

everybody else is expendable....AND choiti is our best goalie ----not even close

Archived