11 Rimkevicius

16 Matulevicius

18 Novikovas

22 Freidgeimas

23 Slavickas

Manager: Csaba Laszlo(HUN)

ho hum............

these guys worse than latvia

these games mean very little...just practice, trying out new things...they would NEVER this much room to manuever from better teams...

mid field is key and i see a whole different vibe there...nini / fourtouni / tsiolis combo works...need tsiolis to cover for the other guys going forward....

sorrry but maniati does not impress me....spyropoulos gonna costs us one day, and cholev the only guy that can dribble past anybody...

3 points 3 points....afto mas elipe.........

we should not lose one game in this qualification...bosnia?slo-whatever? u kidding me?

im booking my ticket now....

ir, you cant stand that guy, huh? lol...

i can see a real difference between the pre and post karagouni era....(god bless him, everyone should have the passion he does) but, you can see the difference....i mean I NEVER use to see mid field reversing the play, meaning passing all the way on one side to the other....

what they MUST do is LEARN HOW to play this system so it puts pressure on the opposition and prevents them from bringing more players down...i use germany as the example again. Germany had no fear of our offense or countering...so consequently they brought more guys deep...iand combined with our guys giving them waaay too much room in midfield, they had their way with us.....ts simple arithmetic.

Yesterday's game it was reversd. Lithuania lets us room in midfield and of course the 2-0 score does not represent how lopsided the game really was....

Im convinced ninis / foutouni combo MUST be given the chance to create and distribute...so u need defensive mids behind them - tsolis (good decisions, strong and DOES NOT WANT the offensive spotlight so he complements everyone around him) and katsourani (ultimate greece-ball savvy sneaky experienced greek soccer player) HE does many things you dont see - subtle stuff.....if you are gonna beat him down becuase he missed a shot or was "invisible" i dont think that is fair. thats not his job, but given the chance he knows what to do . Just loook at the slick move he made to set up gekas against Latvia. If fourtouni did that we'ed all be screaming what a great, heads up play it was. But becuase it kats, he does not get the same benefit of the doubt.

I have no preference for any player - i see, judge and comment. I think Kats is important on this team. He will make a mistake like everyone else, but his posotive outweight the negative, especially if we gonna let nin / fourtouni go deep ....

my question is how does salpi / samara work into the equation? samara hold the ball alot, and i think disrupts the short passing game that we saw yesterday. ISnt he better of as a point guy? i dont know..any opinion on that?

ok...coffee has worn off....

ir, you cant stand that guy, huh? lol...

i can see a real difference between the pre and post karagouni era....(god bless him, everyone should have the passion he does) but, you can see the difference....i mean I NEVER use to see mid field reversing the play, meaning passing all the way on one side to the other....

what they MUST do is LEARN HOW to play this system so it puts pressure on the opposition and prevents them from bringing more players down...i use germany as the example again. Germany had no fear of our offense or countering...so consequently they brought more guys deep...iand combined with our guys giving them waaay too much room in midfield, they had their way with us.....ts simple arithmetic.

Yesterday's game it was reversd. Lithuania lets us room in midfield and of course the 2-0 score does not represent how lopsided the game really was....

Im convinced ninis / foutouni combo MUST be given the chance to create and distribute...so u need defensive mids behind them - tsolis (good decisions, strong and DOES NOT WANT the offensive spotlight so he complements everyone around him) and katsourani (ultimate greece-ball savvy sneaky experienced greek soccer player) HE does many things you dont see - subtle stuff.....if you are gonna beat him down becuase he missed a shot or was "invisible" i dont think that is fair. thats not his job, but given the chance he knows what to do . Just loook at the slick move he made to set up gekas against Latvia. If fourtouni did that we'ed all be screaming what a great, heads up play it was. But becuase it kats, he does not get the same benefit of the doubt.

I have no preference for any player - i see, judge and comment. I think Kats is important on this team. He will make a mistake like everyone else, but his posotive outweight the negative, especially if we gonna let nin / fourtouni go deep ....

my question is how does salpi / samara work into the equation? samara hold the ball alot, and i think disrupts the short passing game that we saw yesterday. ISnt he better of as a point guy? i dont know..any opinion on that?

ok...coffee has worn off....

You don't need more than 1 defensive mid player; either choose Kats or Tziolis. On the left you can have Xristo or Fortounis; in the middle Ninis and on the right Fetfa. 2 strikers in front of them: Samaras and Mitro. Salpi is best as a right winger, so you would play either him or Fetfa, but not both. Thats a team that would really put some nice plays together.

You don't need more than 1 defensive mid player; either choose Kats or Tziolis.

For me, that choice would be easy! :D

Salpi is best as a right winger, so you would play either him or Fetfa, but not both.

You hit the nail on the head: Fetfatzidis plays in the same spot Salpi does so, of course, he sits on the bench. No conspiracy here! His time will come. :)

Ninis was a factor in the match.

Not saying that he lit the world on fire, just stating that he was an integral part of the win.

Greece is going through a learning curve right now. Kara is gone: so are his antics (diving) and leadership. Greece is missing the later but not the former.

Losing Samaras really hurts for his forward ability and his leadership.

The key game coming up is against Bosnia and they are probably the only team that could beat out Greece for 1st in this group.

It's going to be a challenge. Bosnia (from what I've read) had their best team in a long time and will not be push overs.

It was great to see both Ninis and Mitro getting goals. I don't want to see Greece calling up Charisteas again because they don't feel they have strikers. This is the time to give the younger players a chance. Keep up the pace and pressure. Greece is the most talented team in this group, there is no reason to sit back for a 1-0 win or a 0-0 tie.

I'll be interested to see what type of team shows up for the 2 matches in October.

just as a side note, i was was watching some soccer skills highlights with my kids....there is NO FREAKIN WAY fetfa cant be n this team as a starter...........its borderline criminal that he is not a MAIN part of this team....he's waaaaaay above anyone skill dribble wise and create teh space we need....(provided he gets help)

Put Fetfatzidis in as starter and you'll have to either bench Salpingidis or play him out of position.

Just a reminder:

Salpi scored the goals v. Ukraine that sent us to WC 2010.

Salpi scored the very first goal by Greece in the final of a WC

Salpi is the one who turned the game around v. Poland in Euro 2012

Archived