England, Portugal, Sweden,Turkey have not officially passed yet

I have a feeling we will not get rd of the Turks

lets throw in Portugal so Ronaldo can work those tear ducts some more

and the Germans so Otto can show them what they are missing out on

not really scared of anyone

sikose to again

:gr: :gr:

why? we would destroy them!!! :gr: :gr:

Now that Otto has finally learned how to play Turkey I like our chances against them.

Put in a solid offensive side.......they give up a lot of chances. Put in a defensive side and watch Turkey carry the play.

What they did in Istanbul worked...didn't it.

Now that Otto has finally learned how to play Turkey I like our chances against them.

Put in a solid offensive side.......they give up a lot of chances. Put in a defensive side and watch Turkey carry the play.

What they did in Istanbul worked...didn't it.

also let Nikopolidis sit on the bench

or in the crowd with Fyssas

the nightmare of nightmares is obviously:

greece

italy

england

spain

if that were to be the case, every group match would be like a final.

I know i am crazy but i would really like a group like this one.Play against the best and beat them up would just be crazy but our NT team is used of crazy... :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :gr: :gr: :gr:

The Netherlands will join holders Greece and co-hosts Switzerland and Austria in Pot 1 for the UEFA EURO 2008™ final-round draw to be held in Lucerne on 2 December.

Coefficient order

European champions Greece and the two co-host nations earn automatic places in the first pot along with the side with the highest coefficient from 2006 FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifying, the Netherlands. The remaining pots have been filled in order of coefficient. The teams in Pot 2 will be Croatia, world champions Italy, the Czech Republic and Sweden, with Romania, Germany, Portugal and Spain in Pot 3. The final pot contains UEFA European Championship finals newcomers Poland, France, Turkey and Russia.

Competition cycle

"The system is based on the results of the qualifying competitions – a cycle of two competitions, that is to say one EURO qualifying competition and one FIFA World Cup qualifying competition," explained UEFA’s professional football director Giorgio Marchetti. "The coefficients are drawn up by dividing the total number of points earned by each team during the two qualifying competitions by the number of matches played. From this point of view, the system is simple, transparent and objective, there is no interference.

Same coefficient

"In the case that teams have the same coefficient over the two qualifying competitions – which is the case for Romania and Germany, and Turkey and Russia – we apply the coefficient over the last competition [EURO], the average goal difference of the last competition, the average number of goals scored, average number of away goals scored and finally, if everything is still equal, we would draw lots.

Four top seeds

"The UEFA ranking has been constantly and consistently applied in this way over the past few editions of the European Championship," Marchetti said. "The hosts and the reigning champions are always seeded, and this is the case for 2008 – the hosts are Switzerland and Austria, Greece is the third top seed as 2004 European champions, and the top team in the ranking is the fourth top seed." With constant improvement in mind, a UEFA review of its coefficient ranking system is underway for future EURO competitions.

Draw procedure

Under the draw procedure, host associations Switzerland and Austria will be allocated into positions A1 and B1 respectively.

The draw will start with Pot 1 in order to fill the first position in each group. A first ball will be drawn from Pot 1 and the drawn team placed into the first position in Group C. Thereafter, the second ball from Pot 1 will be drawn and the respective team will be placed into the first position of Group D.

Draw continues

The draw will then continue with Pot 4 and ends with Pot 2. A ball will be drawn from Pot 4 and placed into Group A. In order to determine the position of the team within the group and the fixtures order, a ball will be drawn from Pot a (either A2, A3 or A4). Moving to Group B, another team will be drawn from Pot 4. Once again, to determine the position of the team within the group, a ball will be drawn from Pot b (either B2, B3 or B4). The same procedure will be repeated for Groups C and D (in consecutive order) until all balls from Pot 4 have been drawn and positioned in each group. The same procedures will be followed for Pot 3 and Pot 2.

UEFA EURO 2008™ draw seedings

Pot Team Coefficient

1 Switzerland 1.800

1 Austria 1.500

1 Greece 2.167

1 Netherlands 2.417

2 Croatia 2.409

2 Italy 2.364

2 Czech Republic 2.333

2 Sweden 2.273

3 Romania 2.250

3 Germany 2.250

3 Portugal 2.192

3 Spain 2.182

4 Poland 2.167

4 France 2.091

4 Turkey 1.958

4 Russia 1.958

So, who do you guys want to draw and want to avoid?

IDEAL GROUP:

Greece

Czech Rep

Romania

Poland

NIGHTMARE GROUP:

Greece

Italy

Germany

France

I agree with Dude on the horrible group, but on the desired group I would say:

Greece :gr:

Sweden/Croatia/Chech republic

Romania

Turkey/Russia/Poland

(bold are my first choices)

Last Euro we had a terrible draw, but we did it. I don't think this time we will have a good draw either but we will have to do the same.

Basically, there are no easy games at Euro. We willneed to play in the same way like 4 years ago and avoid losing any game. We need 1 win and 2 draws to qualify almost certainly from any group and I believe that we can achieve that.

Expect to see the same tactics like Euro 2004, with a much better team on the break. If we get the defense right again, we can achieve what we did in Euro 2004.

This time we won't take them by surprise but it is not certain that they will be able to break us down as well...I believe in that team and I have good expectations for our team. For me, qualification in the last 8 would be a great success and a good defense of our crown, given that we will certainly get a tough draw in the way the drawing is set up.

Cheers

:gr: :gr: :gr:

an addition to what I have just said: We can play in the same style as 4 years ago and because we are much better up front, I think we can still surprize. Just being unbreakable in the defense should be enough.

I am convinced that this is the way we must play; I know that you will criticise me, but this is what I expect to see, a war and a fight in the pitch and Greece destroying them in the counter-attack. That is the winning formula. The opponents can't break us 4 years ago and why could they do it next year since we have a better team than EURO2004? I am sure that Otto will play in the same way, it is the correct thing to do-no question about it- and who knows...only Otto really knows!

More to follow after the draw for EURO2008 and WC2010.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

I'd like:

GREECE

Croatia

Portugal :P

Turkey

ya really.. portugal havnt been getting the greatest results latly..

i dunno about czch though.. there really good and beat germany. Plus they wouldnt take us light after we embarssed them in 04 :tup: :gr:

Id like sweden in that group

Pot 3 is hard to say cause ive never seen romania play. They always get good results, but dont seem to have the star power as the other teams in this pot. IM going to have to say romania because teams like portugal, germany and spain are too talented to wanna play.

pot 4 id like to say turkey so we can kill them again. But russia is the weekest of this group- barly qualified and only beat andorra by 1- Plus in euro 2004 who was the only team we lost too? im thinking a litle revenge :gr:

It's too early, but let's play.

In the first round, I'd like to avoid: Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain. But, every team is dangerous. You never know which one can surprise you. We did it in 2004! There could be another Greece out there ;)

I'd like:

GREECE

Croatia

Portugal :P

Turkey

No way!!! Too many "derbies". Turkey and Portugal would be VERY motivated, and Croatia are a fantastic team. Solid at the back and great on the counter... God forbid you're ever involved in a group fixing scam you'd get us battered!!! :P

Archived