Phantis Forums

Osfp is already checking new players

Crazy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One player that comes to my mind who could be a good fit for Olympiakos. He's one of the fastest players in football today. David Odonkor is the man, I love the way he plays with his track & field mentality. He's very well-builed as well. Man if Olympiakos can get him from Real Betis, this would be the best bargan Olympiakos would ever get.

:tup:

Personal info of David Odonkor

Date of birth : February 21, 1984

Palce of birth : Bunde, Germany

Height : 174 cm (5ft 8 1/2 in)

Nickname : Speedy

Position : Midfielder - Striker

Current club : Real Betis

Number : 23

Something you should know : It is believed that Odonkor, noted for his acceleration, can cover 100 meters in a mere 10.9 seconds :huh:

Posted Image

first off odonkor is not the answer for olympiakos. at the end of the day hes a bit overhyped.

secondly, he has just signed with betis and is in the german national team squad. this means he should cost some 5 mio euro. money kokkalis is obviously not willing to spend and money not well spent on odonlor.

thirdly, he will NEVER go to greece. more likely he ll return to germany.

we should keep things realistic here.

the reality according to sportime:

I think that the limiting factor is Kokalis' financial policy. He wants cheap (=free) players but we know that such kind of players can't be real bargains. The football is so globalized today that the good players are never free. You have to "break" their contract by paying large amounts of money.

So, Kokalis must understand that he has only two options :

1. Build a new team with very young greek and foreign (mostly balkan) players. This is what Aek and Aris do but it would mean a loss of championship for at least 1 season. A coach like Bajevic would be ideal for this job.

2. Bring in proved foreign players and the best of the greeks (which aren't many and they are ridiculously overpriced). That means an average of at least 2 million euros per player. I doubt he is intended to spent so much in a so risky business like football. Because he knows that some of them will not perform according to their market value.

So far, Kokkalis' policy consists of half-hearted attempts between the above two senarios. If he continues like that, we will end up behind Aek and Pao in 2008.

But Bravo to you guys if you take him but i see him wearing the Yellow and Black just because with AEK he could play right away where with Oly he will probably be on the bench just like Pappas is...

you are right but I hope in the next year young players will be our only choice if we don't want to continue hitting our lowest records as we do now...

You guys should realize that every time Osfp is trying to get any greek player that is the prices that he needs to start negotiating.Double or triple of what anyone should pay for young raw talent.It is cheaper to buy a foreigner fot that kind of money....

Of course I don't believe that Aris really expects to earn 4 millions from this player or 12 (!!!) millions from Koke. But you don't start bargaining from this high a point. It doesn't indicate professionalism, this is the least I would say.

Of course I don't believe that Aris really expects to earn 4 millions from this player or 12 (!!!) millions from Koke. But you don't start bargaining from this high a point. It doesn't indicate professionalism, this is the least I would say.

btw, I 'd like to have Koke in our team. Hoping that Aris paragontes didn't discourage Osfp scouting with their stupid public demands

Archived