Phantis Forums

Victor Munoz is our new coach

slick13

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets not get carried away...

i wish he stays longer then 3 months.. he can do great work as he has shown in the past...

a coach needs more then a year to make the team strong... to incoorporate his system.. to sign his players.

a coach is not a public relations person only.. he is a strategist. he needs to incoorporate his style.. the team's play is directly proportionate to the coach.

Take Wenger at Arsenal for example. they play a prototypical FRENCH style fotball in ENGLAND.

look at bajevic with olympiakos. they played great yugoslavian style soccer.. Wings and ball control.

it takes time to understand greek football because it differs immensely from spanish or english or whatever other league. here we have a monopoly which is olympiakos and everyone is tryin to shoot them down. the refs more or less r siding with them.. i do not say this as a bitter panatha fan.. the truth is...

any team that has been at the top for so long gets the benefit of the doubt. i.e the yankees in american baseball i.e the patriots in the NFL.

in 5 years or whenever it might happen when panatha or AEK win a couple of consecutive titles, olympiakos fans will say that they r gettin the calls too. its natural evolution.

lets hope he stays long enough to do the kind of work we all know he can do.

apparently he signed a contract till june and IF he wins the championship or makes a good run in UEFA he gets an automatic renewal.

i hope this isnt a gapfiller for bajevic.

later skaters

Look, the guy knows football. Whether he'll be successful it's another story. Much depends on whether he can have a free range as a coach to shape things without Tzigger's interference, and with the authority to get rid of all the idiots who've been hurting our club. But, who knows how much freedom he's got....

You know, over the years we've gotten new coaches every few months on the average.... Bad results after bad results, horrible play after bad play... And then a new coach comes and the fans renew their hopes... On and on for 10 years, since that idiot Tzigger came..

I feel we have to build from scratch in that we have to re-develop a culture of champions and re-establish a club with professionals and people who deserve to be there...

We'll soon see.... Hope we get lucky because good luck now may do wonders for our morale.

Quick way to make million

From correspondents in Athens

October 10, 2006 SPAIN coach Victor Munoz has signed an eight-month contract, for a reputed 600,000 euros ($1.01 million), with Greece club Panathinaikos.

The 49-year-old, a replacement for Sweden's Hans Backe, fired last month, could get an extra season if it wins the title.

Munoz, a former Barcelona and Spain midfield player, began his coaching career with Mallorca (1995-1996), and also was in charge of Logrones (1996-1997), Lleida (1997-2000), Villarreal (2000-2003) and Real Zaragoza (2004-2006).

Agence France-Presse

Its made news even here in Australia!

I would have rather Antic but this guy is my second choice as the Spainish league is nothing to blink at!

:)

The greek press reports that Munoz will bring his own assistant and conditioning coaches. Velits is promoted to chief of football operations, and Apostolakis will become a scouter.

I hope these prove to be the right moves given the circumstances.

We are five points behind first place but we have the two games against Olympiakos ahead of us. A good coach like Munoz can help, and five wins in the next five games will turn this season around in a hurry. Some good results in UEFA cup would help too.

Here is what Munoz is facing in the next few games:

Hapoel Tel Aviv in (no fans)

AEK in

Iraklis out

Olympiakos in

Mlada out

A loss in any of these games would make it tough to content for the championship or the next UEFA cup round.

We need a spark and some luck, but it's doable.

First of all my congratulations for the new coach. It s rather a good choice.

Pantos aekaki mas anevasete, aekaki mas katevasete..... alla ta ixni mas akoulouthate.... Pos afto ? H Megalh akoulothoun tous mikrous ?

OAKA Anagennisame...... OAKA Akoulouthisate....

Ispano kaparosame..... sta Ispanika Akoulouthisate...

Therefore note: THE ORIGINAL IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE COPY

And about beating us the coming match day.... forget it ..and don't make yourselves a lot of hopes... You will come out of UEFA with 2 less days to rest , you will crack in the 2nd half B)

Don't say afterwards the Coach is no good :whistle:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/n...sId=465600.html

The 49-year-old, who was in charge at Real Zaragoza until last summer, has signed a contract until 2014 with the option for a 12-month extension if Panathinaikos win the Greek title. Jasminko Velić, who has been caretaker coach since Hans Backe was sacked in mid-September, is to become general manager.

:blink: 2014!?

well UEFA claims its long term till 2014.....it must be wrong....i dont think after so many dud coaches wed put one for 8 years!!!

why not?

till 2014 you might manage to grab a title in greece again and then you'll keep him for another year or so... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

so now your working with an 8-year plan. maybe 9 years. till then munoz will surely have adjusted to the greek league an he might get your team to play some decent football. ;) :LOL:

as far as i know he'll stay till the end of the season and according to paos success he'll stay for the next season too...

Thanks FastGreek,

I was just reading about the friendly today. I think with the players we have in midfield we can play any system we want.

The 4-4-2 preference protects the fullbacks since both wingers (I guess Victor or Romero on the right, and Ivanschitz or Romero or Gonzales on the left) play closer to the fullbacks so both the wingers and fullbacks have less space to cover. It also allows Papadopoulos to play closer to the striker position.

With Victor in and Gonzales out, it will be interesting to see who Munoz will play.

-----------------Ebede------------------

Nilsson---Antonson---Morris--Kotsios

Victor----Bovio---Leontiou---Ivanscitz

-------Salpigidis--------Papadop-------

ego pantos tha epeza me ena amyntiko xaf sto elliniko protathlima... tora stin europi... den ksero... analogos tin omada pou tha pezame...

den ksero giati pezoune me 2 amyntika xaf... pisteuo oti den xreiazete... an kano lathos as mou to peite... alli auti einai i gnomi mou...

--------------------Ebede---------------------

Nilsson----Goumas----Andonson-----Darlas

--------------------Bovio----------------------

Romero---------Leontiou--------Ivanchitz---

------------Salpi----------------Papadopoulos

thats my system for now...... ;)

Archived