Phantis Forums

Victor Munoz is our new coach

slick13

astous ekei.... giati poly loufa eixan stin proetoimasia.... as tous vgalei to ladi tora...!!!

MUNOZ ksetheose tous!! thumbup.gif

Mesa eise tha erthoun ta paixnidia kai tha trexoune les kai exoun nefti ston kolo.

:box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i smell GLORY DAYS!!!!

:LOL: :LOL:

I smell bullshit!!!

8 month contract???? The African, non-english-speaking, cleaners at my college were taken on longer contracts!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Have a nice vacation in Greece Munoz, be sure to visit Acropolis before you go! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

I smell bullshit!!!

8 month contract???? The African, non-english-speaking, cleaners at my college were taken on longer contracts!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Have a nice vacation in Greece Munoz, be sure to visit Acropolis before you go! :LOL:

Munoz is a temporary replacement until Dusco can come in the summer.

If Tzigger really had any faith he would have signed him for at least two years. Tzigger is a scared pussy who quickly folds under pressure. He only signed him for 8 months because he doesn't want to have to payout another contract earlier than he has to.

Grow some balls!

i cant disagree with the above post.... 8 months shows no commitment by Tzigger... More than ever we PAO fans have to hope we win the Protathlima this year in order to force this idiot, cheap b@stard Tzigger, to give a long tearm contract to a worthy coach & give our team some stability

i cant disagree with the above post.... 8 months shows no commitment by Tzigger... More than ever we PAO fans have to hope we win the Protathlima this year in order to force this idiot, cheap b@stard Tzigger, to give a long tearm contract to a worthy coach & give our team some stability

Ok all ball-busting aside, Munoz is a decent manager but to expect him to win the league now is ridiculous (which from what I gather is the only thing that will get him that 1 year extention). What I want to know is does he know what he's let himself in for? Why would someone want an insecure job? Tsigger really has lost the plot. If I was a pro PAO would be one of the last clubs I'd go to right now. You've sunk to the UEFA Cup, have lost the Greek soul that was once so synonymous with the club, and you have lost Leoforo and subsequently the intimidating atmoshpere at home. Hence PAO is in CRISIS and Tsigger's solution is frist to bring in an unknown manager and sack him after 3 weeks into his first season, lol, then to bring in a good manager but only trust him with 8 months. He's crazy! And the worst thing is that you guys stand for it!

Come guys i dont find it bad that Tsigger this time didnt give a long term contract.

Let Mounios prove himself. Nobody said that his contract will only be extended if he wins the championship. It says actually that if he does so it will do definitely. If not his work is going to be estimated and then they will talk again if an extention is going to happen.

All of you that now shout against Tsigger to give this one a long term contract are those who first will shout for mounios to leave if things dont go out the way we expect them. This way at least Mounios doesnt have the security that he is going to get his money one way or the other and so will give his best. Which i must confess i like till now. He is making the living of the players quite hard now.

Munoz has been here for one week only, but has altered the way the team prepares already. Today is Sunday and the team is working out in rigorous double sessions. This abrupt increase in workload might affect the play in the next few games but in the long run it should be beneficial.

I have been curious how he will change the line-up and today's report from SuperSport FM indicated that he appears to lean towards a 4-4-2 formation.

The news for me were that Vintra is a fixture on the right, and Seric on the left. For the center of the defence Antonsson with Morris were reported as starters but this does not say much since both Goumas and Kotsios are injured.

In the midfield he played Romero on the right and Ivanschitz on the left. Interestingly he used Leontiou in practice, once with Bovio next to him, and once with Tziolis. It might be a good opportunity for Leontiou to become a fixture in the lineup.

I have a good feeling about this, but time will tell.

i dont think this coach will do us any favours. sorry guys. im been honest. panathinaikos is a very tight ass club, they never get good coachers or players..

this is why we are always 2nd best or 3rd best.

hope im wrong... i hope this coach can work sum magic... but i really dont think so

i dont think this coach will do us any favours. sorry guys. im been honest. panathinaikos is a very tight ass club, they never get good coachers or players..

hope im wrong... i hope this coach can work sum magic... but i really dont think so

dont speak foolish!

pao have never had great players :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

how old are u???

wait and see

auti ti xronia den mporoume na poume tipota gia tous paixtes giati pisteueo oti exoume to kalitero iliko apo ta proigoumena xronia....

dont speak foolish!

pao have never had great players :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

how old are u???

wait and see

have you heard of the song "i've got high hopes"

download it.. and sing along.. cos thats all you have..

i am correct. in the past decade have we ever signed a world-famous star like "rivaldo".

no.. :nono:

but hey torghelle was just as good. right?

you've got high hopes. you've got high hopes.

:LOL:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We may not had Rivaldo but we had a good team until 3 years ago!!!

It's not only the names!

And of course we have high hopes..it's the only thing left :P

Come guys i dont find it bad that Tsigger this time didnt give a long term contract.

Let Mounios prove himself. Nobody said that his contract will only be extended if he wins the championship. It says actually that if he does so it will do definitely. If not his work is going to be estimated and then they will talk again if an extention is going to happen.

All of you that now shout against Tsigger to give this one a long term contract are those who first will shout for mounios to leave if things dont go out the way we expect them. This way at least Mounios doesnt have the security that he is going to get his money one way or the other and so will give his best. Which i must confess i like till now. He is making the living of the players quite hard now.

great post!

Tzigger has an obvious desire for Bajevic but if the team shows a (good) improvement I don't think he will suck Munoz on summer....

Things go quite for my liking the players had a good preparation since Munioz came.

They seem to respect him and to ilke his character aswell.

As i read Pap gave himself a penaltie for his delaying. Which is a good example for the other players.

If all this had started in summer preparation we would have already have a hell of a team. I am confident that we gonna have some good football games being shown by our Team.

no, pap was fined by the club and munoz for been 40 mins late to training

wat i cant understand why this is front page news on some papers - for me this should be common practice in any professional club and shouldnt be cause for making the news

as for setting an example - velic who is the new team manager had a meeting with the three leaders, arxigoi, today and told them they should be doing everything they can to set the example for the rest of the team

but my favourite was - double training on sunday! :LOL: kalo auto - shows munoz is a hard worker - alot of sites have confirmed that he has been doing alot of work on physical fitness and alot of classes on how he wants the defence to operate ...wonder why hes doing heaps of work on fitness though :whistle: bakke anyone lol

i like this guy (munoz)... reminds me... something about Fylakouri... prin vgoun sto giepedo gia to paixnidi me tin Hapoel... evale tous paixtes na fonazoun "PAO-PAO"!!!

MUNOZ :nw:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of observations after three games with Munoz on the bench.

He has managed to play every player who is healthy so far except three. Darlas, Tziolis, Kotsios have zero minutes under Munoz. I am sure he will play them soon, but it's interesting that they have fallen so low on the roster.

The only players who played every single minute in three games are Morris, Romero, Salpigidis, Seric, and Ebede.

With Munoz we have two wins and one loss so far (let's hope this is 4-1 by the end of the week), and 4 goals for and 2 against.

Still early of course to pass judgement on his work, but he has started well on many fronts.

• 2 weeks later...

After 8 games we can safely say that the coaching change has been a resounding success. The team looks more confident and plays with purpose.

So what are some of the changes Munoz has brought to our team? Here are my thoughts, and I would love to read what everyone else has observed so far.

I watched most of the games and I noticed a few changes that he is responsible for.

Firstly, he has gone back to basics. Every player is concerned with defense and there are not wild attacking moves by anyone. If anyone leaves their position and loses the ball, he recons with Munoz' yelling and gesturing. Likewise, there is no wild running around chasing the ball like squirrels (the so-called pressing). Every pao player has an area of responsibility and sticks to it. When the ball comes near them they scramble like crazy. Their goal is not to let the ball past them. There are no complicated overlapping and support schemes. I think this simplification has liberated the players. I remember under Malezani in most games the players looked like they had to think before they moved.

Munoz also established a 4-4-2 formation that has worked very well. Not only can't opponents score, it is very difficult for them to get near our goal. No more easy chances! Remember for the last two years how many times opponents came face to face with our goalkeeper. Now in the last eight games there are no tet-a-tet plays against us, and there are no uncontested shots or headers by opponents. If opponents come close, they have a tiny window of space and time through which they can score. Ebede usually covers that very well.

One of the things that would drive me mad over the past two years was how many free-kicks we would waste around the opponents' penalty area. Random players used to take wild shots, mostly hitting the wall, or the pigeons. Now there is an order in the house. Munoz seems to dictate who would kick the ball, and how to kick it. It does not hurt that now we have at least three players who can deliver accurate free-kicks and corner crosses (Ivanschitz, Victor, Bovio, and the ever-talented Morris).

Same goes for defending free-kicks and corners. The same players (Goumas + Morris) that looked so shaky last year, now they clear everything high and low. Gone are the fancy plays by our defenders around our box that used to give everyone heart attacks and gave opponents good chances to win the ball with good chances to score. The ball is cleared fast, two lines of defense form immediately, and the opponents have to bust their behind to bring the ball forward again.

On personnel matters, the guy seems to have a knack for choosing the right players at the right time! He established a consistent lineup, and has managed to give everyone who's healthy a chance to play. He also knows the limitations of his players. He takes advantage of their abilities, and protects them from their limitations. The long balls to Salpigidis take advantage of his speed and keep at least three opposing defenders in the back a all times. He uses Victor in positions where he can find space to create and doesn't box him in small areas. Our fullbacks no longer are asked to share heavy offensive lifting. They advance only when there is space.

Some of the players have picked up their game since Munoz came, and probably because of his arrival. Vintra has been 100% better. He is no Cafu, but he has been very reliable and confident in his defending. The same goes for Seric. Tziolis, Bovio, and Victor in midfield have suffocated the opposition so far. All three defend like bulldogs, loose their marksmen with skilled dribbling, and can move the ball with accuracy.

As far as I am concerned, he prepares well for each game and puts the best team on the pitch. His substitutes are always on the money, and his demeanor on the sidelines is exciting.

We have not become a super team, but not even in our wildest dreams we would have imagined such improvement in one month's period.

After 8 games we can safely say that the coaching change has been a resounding success. The team looks more confident and plays with purpose.

So what are some of the changes Munoz has brought to our team? Here are my thoughts, and I would love to read what everyone else has observed so far.

I watched most of the games and I noticed a few changes that he is responsible for.

Firstly, he has gone back to basics. Every player is concerned with defense and there are not wild attacking moves by anyone. If anyone leaves their position and loses the ball, he recons with Munoz' yelling and gesturing. Likewise, there is no wild running around chasing the ball like squirrels (the so-called pressing). Every pao player has an area of responsibility and sticks to it. When the ball comes near them they scramble like crazy. Their goal is not to let the ball past them. There are no complicated overlapping and support schemes. I think this simplification has liberated the players. I remember under Malezani in most games the players looked like they had to think before they moved.

Munoz also established a 4-4-2 formation that has worked very well. Not only can't opponents score, it is very difficult for them to get near our goal. No more easy chances! Remember for the last two years how many times opponents came face to face with our goalkeeper. Now in the last eight games there are no tet-a-tet plays against us, and there are no uncontested shots or headers by opponents. If opponents come close, they have a tiny window of space and time through which they can score. Ebede usually covers that very well.

One of the things that would drive me mad over the past two years was how many free-kicks we would waste around the opponents' penalty area. Random players used to take wild shots, mostly hitting the wall, or the pigeons. Now there is an order in the house. Munoz seems to dictate who would kick the ball, and how to kick it. It does not hurt that now we have at least three players who can deliver accurate free-kicks and corner crosses (Ivanschitz, Victor, Bovio, and the ever-talented Morris).

Same goes for defending free-kicks and corners. The same players (Goumas + Morris) that looked so shaky last year, now they clear everything high and low. Gone are the fancy plays by our defenders around our box that used to give everyone heart attacks and gave opponents good chances to win the ball with good chances to score. The ball is cleared fast, two lines of defense form immediately, and the opponents have to bust their behind to bring the ball forward again.

On personnel matters, the guy seems to have a knack for choosing the right players at the right time! He established a consistent lineup, and has managed to give everyone who's healthy a chance to play. He also knows the limitations of his players. He takes advantage of their abilities, and protects them from their limitations. The long balls to Salpigidis take advantage of his speed and keeps at least three opposing defenders in the back. He uses Victor in positions where he can find space to create and doesn't box him in small areas. Our fullbacks no longer are asked to share heavy offensive lifting. They advance only when there is space.

Some of the players have picked up their game since Munoz came, and probably because of his arrival. Vintra has been 100% better. He is no Cafu, but he has been very reliable and confident in his defending. The same goes for Seric. Tziolis, Bovio, and Victor in midfield have suffocated the opposition so far. All three defend like bulldogs, loose their marksmen with skilled dribbling, and can move the ball with accuracy.

As far as I am concerned, he prepares well for each game and puts the best team on the pitch. His substitutes are always on the money, and his demeanor on the sidelines is exciting.

We have not become a super team, but not even in our wildest dreams we would have imagined such improvement in one month's period.

Bullseye. I wouldnt have written it better

EINE TRELOS EINE TRELOS EINE TRELOS O ISPANOS

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Cyberfish, another great post and on the money! I've watched many games (most on tape) over the last several years, and even when we won the title a couple years ago, this is the first time I see our players having a purpose, a plan, and they can be like a team, not a collection of dis-joined players! I often disagreed here with my friends who believe that PAO was a good team when it won the double. This, in my judgment, was miles from the truth. We sucked, just a little less than the rest. Only the final cup game (we beat gavroi 3-1) we played decent football. The rest of the games, it was luck and a few brilliant plays at the right moment, not because of any organized/though out effort!

I only wish that we had found this guy after Markarian left... that's all. Today, we'd be a powerhouse. No matter what happens at the end of the season, I hope we keep Munoz. He didn't prepare the team in the off-season and he hasn't picked any player, so even pulling our team from the brink of the abyss is a success for me.

Archived