Phantis Forums

EURO 2008 scoreboard Oct 7th

jarvis1981

turks won 1-0 so we are 3rd on the table with turkey 2nd and norway 1st (but a game behind)

I think that turkey plays moldova at "home"- where ever that is are they still being punished for te fight against the swiss, so hopefully they trip up and draw and greece wins in bosnia we will be at the top of the table at the end of the year.

Akritis, by looking at the remaining schedule for Greece, it appears they would face Turkey first in March of 2007, then after that they have some "easy" matches ahead of them. But once it's September, they will travel to Norway, possibly in colder climates. That's we're it gets tough.

Well here's the remaining schedule after Bosnia:

24.03.07 Greece - Turkey

28.03.07 Malta - Greece

02.06.07 Greece - Hungary

06.06.07 Greece - Moldova

12.09.07 Norway - Greece

13.10.07 Greece - Bosnia

17.10.07 Turkey - Greece

17.11.07 Greece - Malta

21.11.07 Hungary - Greece

Looking at the way the schedule plays out it appears that Greece needs to win the 1st seven games and they can do it.

Bosnia away will be tough but I think we win based on how we played the last game. I would also feel that we beat Turkey at home except that who knows what happens between now and March 2007 with respect to injuries and Greek soccer politics. We then take the rest of the points up to the away game at Norway.

Archived