Phantis Forums

SL-R5 (2006-07): Panathinaikos - PAOK

Ziaka

On Sunday PAOK travels to Athens to play Panathianikos at OAKA. Considering the fact that one of PAOK's best players went to Panathinaikos right before the start of the season, and also the turmoil that Panathinaikos find themselves in due to coaching problems, this could could be an interesting match to watch. I really want to see how Salpiggidis will play against his old team. The other intersting thing might be if Anastasiadis is named the new coach of Panathinaikos.

The game will be televised on Supersport 1 in Greece, and ERT-Sat in USA/Canada and Australia.

Ahhh, the 5th game of our easy schedule to begin the season. I know the focus will be on Slapigidis (as he was the high profile player in the transfer) and how he will play against his fromer team PAOK, where he grew as a player, but don't forget Charalabidis and Torghelle are two players that will be trying to prove PAO wrong for giving up on them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Torghelle is not on loan, and Charalambidis is on loan, but with an option to stay with PAOK after the loan period has expired.

Anyway, I see and am hoping for a 1-1 tie.

PAME PAOKIA valte ta dinata sas.

Looks like Zagorakis wil be ready for this game, and Dumi is planning on starting him instead of Gonzales. This appears to be the only change inb the lineup from the Ergotelis game.

Something like this:

Fernandes

Arabatzis, Barcauan, Melissis, Konstantinidis

Zagorakis, Iliadis, Balafas

Charalambidis, Torghele, Mieciel

I really hope soooooo alla to vlepo xlomooooooooooo....penalti sto 88ooooooo

To eipa kai egine..............de mporo na po tous arithmous tou lotto alla oti oi vazeloi kerdisan 3 seri paixnidia me penalti kai tha kerdisoun alla tosa einai pleon dedomeno.....

The main thing is that PAO dont have a better team than us. We could have had u.

Secondly this is no superleague. How can it be a superleague when refs and linos are biased. For example, how many times was torghelle onside when he was called offside by the useless linesman???

PAOK probably played their best game this season. This game could have easily ended in a tie. Also if Iliadis scored on the chance he had before Panathinaikos scored, I don't know what the outcome would have been.

Panathinaikos had the better chances in the game, but as a team they did not show me anything special. PAOK went into the game with defensive mind, and I wish Dumi played more attacking game from the begining.

As for the PAO goal, I think it was an initial mistake by the Captain, but one of the defender should have taken care of Iwansic before he kicked the ball into the net.

Overall I am happy with the way PAOK played, and I can see us only getting better.

As for Salpi. He was completely shut out of the game. Also the fact that he was the one that took the penalty kick most likely changed a lot of PAOK fans opinion about him.

Finally there are serious allegation from PAOK fans that attended the game, only to find their cars in the parking lot burned by Panathinaikos fans. There reports that local police even stopped fireman from stopping the fires.

PAOK probably played their best game this season. This game could have easily ended in a tie. Also if Iliadis scored on the chance he had before Panathinaikos scored, I don't know what the outcome would have been.

Panathinaikos had the better chances in the game, but as a team they did not show me anything special. PAOK went into the game with defensive mind, and I wish Dumi played more attacking game from the begining.

As for the PAO goal, I think it was an initial mistake by the Captain, but one of the defender should have taken care of Iwansic before he kicked the ball into the net.

Overall I am happy with the way PAOK played, and I can see us only getting better.

As for Salpi. He was completely shut out of the game. Also the fact that he was the one that took the penalty kick most likely changed a lot of PAOK fans opinion about him.

Finally there are serious allegation from PAOK fans that attended the game, only to find their cars in the parking lot burned by Panathinaikos fans. There reports that local police even stopped fireman from stopping the fires.

when we scored the first 1 the tv camera showed seconds-minutes after that the majority of the paok fans had broken the glass wich surrounded them and smashing chairs!

why because we scored!

also i condem the car-burning thing! but atleast 5-10 people/hooligans where arrested :tup:

when we scored the first 1 the tv camera showed seconds-minutes after that the majority of the paok fans had broken the glass wich surrounded them and smashing chairs!

why because we scored!

also i condem the car-burning thing! but atleast 5-10 people/hooligans where arrested :tup:

I would say it was because they were pissed off at the linesman that was biased and kept calling Torghelle offside when he was onside.

Torghelle made me laugh :LOL: He went to shake Vyntras hand after a challenge with a big friendly smile then when Vyntra hit his hand away Torghelle had the angriest face I have ever seen and threatened Vyntra :LOL: :LOL: And he even fouled Ebede by pushing him over on purpose so Fernandez could get back to goal. Twice in fact he started on Ebede. :LOL: :LOL: His overhead kick would have been amazing had it gone in.

Archived