Phantis Forums

Best Greek thing since sliced Feta!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hondakias

Hi All,

I did a quick search on whois for the domain scoundrels and came up with the following contact details:

Registrant:

Dimitrelis Christos

DRAMAS 119

Athina, Greece 11223

Greece

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: scoundrels

Created on: 03-Aug-06

Expires on: 03-Aug-09

Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:

Christos, Dimitrelis [email protected]

DRAMAS 119

Athina, Greece 11223

Greece

(210) 896-3942

Technical Contact:

Christos, Dimitrelis [email protected]

DRAMAS 119

Athina, Greece 11223

Greece

(210) 896-3942

Domain servers in listed order:

NS5.IXWEBHOSTING.COM

NS6.IXWEBHOSTING.COM

Registry Status: CLIENT-UPDATE-PROHIBITED

Registry Status: CLIENT-XFER-PROHIBITED

Registry Status: CLIENT-RENEW-PROHIBITED

Registry Status: CLIENT-DELETE-PROHIBITED

Hope this helps. I'll try to find more details about this guy before I use my credit card.

I have been a member of the forum for years and I always read your comments but I never respond. I guess this time I will :-))

Some things never change .... Someone had a brilliant idea to make some money by providing an excellent service to the omogeneia and you all have to jump on them and eat them alive. Like you could have come up with the idea or someone else will think of our needs in this information driven era. Technology brings inovation and inovation creates wealth and prosperity. This is nothing revolutionary and it has been available for years!

My comments about the service when I used it in trial mode:

1. Excellent service

2. Easy to use

3. Good functionality

4. The Credit card security is a very relative issue as everyone that wants to get your credit card can get it in minutes nowdays. Just think about how many people see your credit card every day from restaurants to shops to online sites to people that handle your transactions at all this sites and the number of times your credit card gets printed in a settlement report at some printer office. Soooo if these guys wanted to scam your credit card there is always an easier way to do it than setting up all this technology to make this work.

5. Price is pretty good when you consider what we pay for sat TV, a movie night, or a PPV game. I guess when we pay 10 Euros for a cafe at Kolonaki we do not complain but we have to complain about the 25 dollars service that gets us connected with our home.

6. The rights issues is also very controversial issue and I will not get involved in it. I would like to believe that they have the rights to rebroadcast. And even if they do not have the rights, eventually a large customer basis and established numbers will give them more leverage to negotiate some good contracts with the TV channels in Greece. After all it is a win-win situation for everyone. We are happy with the service, the GreekNet makes money, and the TV channels realize a new revenue stream that for years they did not want to invest in.

Ciao.

The Credit card security is a very relative issue as everyone that wants to get your credit card can get it in minutes nowdays. Just think about how many people see your credit card every day from restaurants to shops to online sites to people that handle your transactions at all this sites and the number of times your credit card gets printed in a settlement report at some printer office. Soooo if these guys wanted to scam your credit card there is always an easier way to do it than setting up all this technology to make this work.

Why don't you post you full credit card details to this forum then?

Guest trypas13

Jpolim as you realize the level of intelligence is so low, that you will have posts like manos.

Hey manos I say this guy...since all of the fellow greeks who happen to be located in Europe and have NOVA (outside of Greece having the NOVA Box is illegal!!!) and pay for NOVA why don't they also start posting their credit card information as well. So what is your point again kid?

Plus I am one of the subscribers of this site as well, if they happen to mess up with my credit I will be the first one to run after them by all means.

Apparently there are many people who do not get the concept of technology since they are used to working in their father's taverna. That's how far their intelligence will go. It's pretty sad without a doubt.

Hmm.....It seems that the site has not realized their expected subscriber quota, so far.

The last few comments have not made it easier for this fledging enterprise to do so.

It does not matter if it is you, your friends, bussiness partners, or even total strangers that are denigrating your potential customer base. The result will be the same.

In this age of electronic anonymity this is the sad truth.

Guest trypas13

This is the result of some people's empty brains.

The site will be up soon. For as long as it is maintained enjoy the channels through mytv for free ;)

Jpolim as you realize the level of intelligence is so low, that you will have posts like manos.

Hey manos I say this guy...since all of the fellow greeks who happen to be located in Europe and have NOVA (outside of Greece having the NOVA Box is illegal!!!) and pay for NOVA why don't they also start posting their credit card information as well. So what is your point again kid?

Plus I am one of the subscribers of this site as well, if they happen to mess up with my credit I will be the first one to run after them by all means.

Apparently there are many people who do not get the concept of technology since they are used to working in their father's taverna. That's how far their intelligence will go. It's pretty sad without a doubt.

Jpolim said that you don't have to worry about credit card fraud

The Credit card security is a very relative issue as everyone that wants to get your credit card can get it in minutes nowdays

and my question to jpolim and you is: IF THAT'S THE CASE WHY DON'T YOU POST YOU CREDIT CARD DETAILS TO THE FORUM?

Whether you decide to pay for this service or not is your own problem, the fact that you decided to pay implies something about your level of intelligence which is also your own problem.

Some people are worried about giving their credit card details to somebody who does something illegal, you are obviously not. The argument is not very difficult to follow, if these people are prepared to broadcast content they haven't got the rights to, and if they are prepared to risk having to go to court against 3-4 media companies, maybe thay are also prepared to risk getting caught for fraud.

If you need any further explanation please PM me and I will send you a drawing.

4. The Credit card security is a very relative issue as everyone that wants to get your credit card can get it in minutes nowdays. Just think about how many people see your credit card every day from restaurants to shops to online sites to people that handle your transactions at all this sites and the number of times your credit card gets printed in a settlement report at some printer office. Soooo if these guys wanted to scam your credit card there is always an easier way to do it than setting up all this technology to make this work.

While I agree with most of your points, in the credit card security you're completely wrong.

I tried to make a test payment in that site. And there it comes a payment form that looks like a bottomless pit where I have to throw my credit card inside. No way! The payment goes through cc2cash.com. Try to google it. Try to visit it. Surprised?

scoundrels might have good reasons to keep its anonymity, but why to choose an invisible site like that (cc2cash) to do business with? There are many payment sites, that take little comision, are secure and are not anonymous.

I've been using my credit card in the internet since day 1. But never in sites like cc2cash. I'm not gonna pay there even if the price is 1$. Period.

Besides there are other ways of payment: Paypal. It's very easy to setup a Paypal based payment system. I would pay there immediately 25$ for this service. I've sent them email about it and they said they're working on it. Hopefully they'll do it.

PJ7: I am sure there are multiple ways to receive payments and some of them are popular and some of them are not. I would like to believe that scoundrels will listen to your concerns and provide other means of payments such as paypal. Soooo all this time hundrends of people have used the service, paid on line, and they did not get their bank accounts wiped out.

Like I said in my first email ... Security is a relative subject and everyone assumes their risks.

Archived