Phantis Forums

Transfer Period

Dava-G

Greece shoots itself in the foot... again.

I still dont understand why Greece puts itself at a disadvantage when it comes to transfers. They set their deadline for transfers almost 2 full weeks BEFORE the rest of Europe! WHY?

This is especially bad for teams that make the CL group stages. If teams make it in and can afford to pay for another player or two to help compete in the CL, that helps Greece in general. Better performance by our clubs in the CL means more will participate.

Also, it really gives us bad leverage for signing players when the deadline is only occurring in Greece and not in Europe. Players can wait out the time and hope to move to another country if things fall thru with a team in Greece...

Im just thinking that if we made all the changes for the Superleague, we might as well change for the better here. We are trying to improve the quality of Greek soccer and the League in general. to me this is a necessary step in that direction.

I agree with 100%

Just becasue I'm an Olympiaco fan I was dissapointed to see that we have not gotten anyone else.. (atleast 1 more quality player)

At this point it's very evident that Olympiacos is going to go for a better showing in the CL and the way that this looks it might b4e another long year...

i call this the Greek problem...

By the time we Greeks figure something out, the rest of the world is WAY ahead of us, then we play catch up for years to come...

We are so thick headed that we cant get something right the first time!!!

Archived