Phantis Forums

FIBA World Basketball Championship

well good job. But this wasnt a hammering it was a win.....

Turkey looked first half like they could shoot....I think well see more surprises from them unless of course they burn out which is not impossible.

IBO! :nw:

Maciasuasokias (OSFP) had an amazing game.....PAO fans bitch about football management and worship the Giannakopoulos brothers....yeah you are going to realize they arent that amazing...OSFP has 1-0 us so far this season in signings and this game was proof.....their lithuanian was dominating the game, and Javtokas....:LOL: was crap. and we lose Spanoulis/Lakovic and get Sunny Delightovic some bosinan loser....

at least we got Dikoudis who saved us from Qatar today. :tup: :blink: :blink:

Turkey didnt smash Lithuania, it was two points, but its a huge win and it probably smashed their hearts!!!

Australia will be alot harder than you think, even though they had a dissapointing olympic campaign and even LOST to little brothers New Zealand before the world champs, they did beat brazil in the oppening game and Brazil was i think $1.20 favourites to winthat much on the betting markets.

Speaking of big upsets, how about Lebanon beating venuezuala i think. Lebabanon are paying like $1000 to 1 to win the champs.

Greece got off to a slow start vs Qatar. that would of been a huge upset. But Greece came thru in the end.

another huge win vs Australia.. down 26 - 40 in the first half we won the game 76 - 68 despite those horrible refereeing.. the stupid refs called for everything under our basket.. that s.o.b. Bogut made some 9-10 fouls.. none were called!! but his teammate (!) Ilyasova showed him the door with his 18 points when the so-called overrated shitboy scored just 8..

BRAVO 12 DEV ADAM!! :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Bring on Brazil!!! Another team we haven't been able to beat so far!! :box: :box: :box: :box:

what does dev mean?

Turk no offense but you guys are really underestimating yourselves and overestimating other teams like Australia, and esp. Brazil....they arent anything special to beat. Australia i head they had a comeback from so that is special...Turkey was never going to lose that game, come on....Turk basketballcular cok iyi? ! :tup:

but congratulations again....turkey like i said is going to do very well, at this rate very likely win the group.

your doing much better thatn your neighbors...poor Greece...were so bad at shooting.....we have missed maybe 60% of our Fthrows and we have had so many fouls on us that we are far more likely to get points on regular play than being fouled...but Lithuania knows all you have to do is foul and theyll get the ball back and not worry about being scored on, maybe one point.... :(

but we do have the best depth out of any team...our best players dont even start! maybe that will help 2nd half....

also turk question- maybe you know a bit more about Javtokas than i do ( he had 3 fouls in the first 2 mins :LOL: and hardly played) I never heard of the player really but I saw him play and he seems very familiar......particularly with the tattoo of a shark on his arm...where would i have seen that before? NBA maybe has he played?

drako, Javtokas has been an integral part of the Lithuanian team that did very well in Eurobasket'03 and '05.. He was a regular starter for Lietuvos Rytas, the Lithuanian team that shook the Euroleague last year.. By the way, Javtokas has fouled out with over three mins remaining in the fourth quarter.. But I have to say --no offence to anyone-- I hate this Greek team's style of play.. Especially three guys (Spanoulis, Diamadidis & Xatzivretas) fall down to the ground whenever a contact is there.. that's ruining the spirit of sport.. but of couse I hail the great leader Papaloukas, the best PG of Europe (excluding Jasikevicius of course)... B)

i must have seen another lithuanian with that tatoo then...im not sure ive seeint leituvas rytas play......

i also have no idea what you are talking about players diving....i have plenty of criticsm for the team but have not seen one instance where they are falling or diving ....yeah somtimes there are fouls but these guys are big lithuanians..its tough to keep balance when you make contact with these guys......nothing serious at all IMO.......

genius Spanoulis thinks hes a hero with 30 seconds left shooting a horrible 3 pointer....the Diamantidis did it instead of going for an easy shot, now overtime.

Greek sports are always a tale of tragedy (self destruction) or heroes.....

well, we have very probably avoided to meet USA in the next round so I think we have achieved our first goal.. next should be to top the group which may not be so unlikely after seeing Greece today.. I have a feeling we will hit the rocks against Brazil but our fighting spirit even when we're down 15 is promising for the future.. ;)

another superb win... 73 - 71 against Brazil in an unforgettable match!!! TAU guard Erdogan came up big with 19 points and 3 assists.. Our first ever win against Brazil.. The Greeks in the stands chanted for Turkey thruout the game and whenever Ibo got the ball in his hands there was a huge cheer.. from the Greeks.. ;)

so we'll finish 2nd at least and have a possible pairing with Slovenia, who we have downed with 25 points in Ankara three weeks ago...

:nw: :nw: :nw: HUH HAH DEV ADAM.. 12 DEV ADAM :box: :box: :box:

Turkey-Slovenia: 90-84... INTO THE QUARTERS!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

with all sorts of injuries and woes, we're thru.. we scored 90 points w/o Ilyasova and Ibo, Ender Arslan and Gonlum had serious injuries and WE GOT IT!!! :nw:

BRAVO GUYS!!! and WE'LL NOW PLAY WITH ARGENTINA.. we may lose but whocares, one thing I know they will fight till the bitter end!!! :nw:

and drako's Sunny Delightovic had 13 points, unbelievably... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

congrats neighbors. you are a good team i knew it....good luck with Argentina, i dont think youll win, but we havent really seen Argentina vs a strong team yet...you never know.

but i see theres no discussion about Greece beating Turkey....

B)

you guys have a complex with greece it seems.....we beat thiem in basketball and volleyball this week... :box: :tup: :P

you guys have a complex with greece it seems.....we beat thiem in basketball and volleyball this week... :box: :tup: :P

what complex are you talking about?! the v-ball game was a very unlucky one and it was only the third quarter when we crumbled in te b-ball game.. but anyway, we'll try our best vs Argentina and although they're the overwhelming favourites, as you said.. you never know!! :unsure:

I think you forgot to mention one thing.. the Apoel accident at the Black Sea.. :LOL:

what complex are you talking about?! the v-ball game was a very unlucky one and it was only the third quarter when we crumbled in te b-ball game.. but anyway, we'll try our best vs Argentina and although they're the overwhelming favourites, as you said.. you never know!! :unsure:

I think you forgot to mention one thing.. the Apoel accident at the Black Sea.. :LOL:

come on a 2-1 agg. win isnt laugable... true Kayseri and Trabzon did recently win...

but how about coming back to win from 2 sets down the bronze medal match in Smyrna? :nw: ;)

proud of our guys.. :nw: no matter the result..

they have definitely played against the best team of the competition and ONE and ONLY TEAM that can/will beat the U.S.A.

good luck to the deserving Argentinians on their way to glory and I hope they get what they already deserved from 2002... :tup:

no greece also has a chance.....weve got more spirit and depth than the USA and a much better defense....and we are the comback kings.... :king: :gr:

well see......USA plays like they did with Germany - Greece will punish them.

Good luck with ur game... Btw who is that black guy in ur team? What is his real nationality/?

yet another dream comeback.. 5 down with 38 to go and we tie it to win it big in OT!! Supersiniz Cocuklar!! Helal Olsun Hepinize!!!

12 DEV ADAM :nw:

12 CESUR YUREK :nw:

these guys clearly deserve to be 5th but having four major injuries and three of them not playing, things will be difficult!! :huh:

it's declared that Ibo, Serkan and Cenk will not be available for the 5th-place game.. :(

Cenk's half season is even in doubt!! <_< broken ankle!! :(

so here's my evaluation of the tournament..

MVP of the tournament: PAU GASOL (ESP)

MVP of the final: JORGE GARBAJOSA (20 pts 10 rebs 4 stl 2 blk, 6/11 3pt)

Best 5(FIBA): Papaloukas - Ginobili - Carmelo - Garbajosa - Gasol

Best 5 (mine): Pepe Sanchez - Diaw - Kakiouzis - Garbajosa - Gasol

Most Promising Player: ERSAN ILYASOVA (TUR)

Young 5: Sergio(ESP) - Rudy(ESP) - Ersan(TUR) - Turiaf(FRA) - Schortsianitis(GRE)

Disappointments: 1.Brasil 2.Italy 3.United States

Overachievers: 1.Turkey 2.Angola 3.Nigeria

Best Coach: Takis Yiannakis (Greece)

Worst Coach: Mike Kryszewskij (United States)

Best Joke of Tournament: Sunny Delightovic (drakos) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i would be best pleased if you sent your views as well.. ;)

Archived