Phantis Forums

Will Alpha tv ever come to the US?

Their was speculation last winter about it coming to Dishnetwork and nothing materialized. Any new news?

I'm still amazed that almost-a-channel ALTER made it and ALPHA hasn't. I really think it's not something ALPHA has on its horizon right now. They have all sorts of problems, and after ALPHA DIGITAL they probably think that if they never hear the word satellite again it will be too soon.

I'm still amazed that almost-a-channel ALTER made it and ALPHA hasn't. I really think it's not something ALPHA has on its horizon right now. They have all sorts of problems, and after ALPHA DIGITAL they probably think that if they never hear the word satellite again it will be too soon.

likos,

My feelings exactly. I don't see Alpha coming here any time soon. I think they are having financial problems and launching Alpha Sat is probably not on the top of Kontominas list right now. That is probably why he sold the rights to the soccer matches he had to Netmed, maybe to raise some cash or get rid of some expensive contracts.

I also remember reading something on satleo that there may be some changes in programming, perhaps some cost cutting on the horizon?? That would certiainly signal that something is not right at Alpha.

Anything is possible but I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing Alpha Sat anytime soon. Of course the reason it isn't here may also be because, as was previously mentioned, Alpha is asking for too much and Dish or whomever is not willing to pay the amount he is asking. Our friends down under are the only ones who get to see Alpha, lucky bastards! :tup:

:gr:

Alpha tv is not in a position to play hardball because dishnetwork already has 6 tv stations and a bunch of radio stations. Anyone know what they are charging in Austraila? They must think that Greek Americans are willing to pay an arm and a leg for their station.

We currently get 8 TV Channels and 11 Radio Channels here in Australia for $AUD60 a month on UBI

TV Channels : Alpha Sat, Mega Cosmos, Star Channel, Mad World, Channel 10, RIK Sat, Sigma, Alter Globe

Radio Channels : MAD Rebetika, MAD GR Hits, Oasis FM, SOHO FM, ALPHA Radio, ExtraSport FM, Ecclesia Tin Ellada ( Church of Greece ) , Radio Thessaloniki, Sfera FM, Melodia FM, Athina 98.4

46.00 us dollars den einai asxhma

vale antenna kai ert 65.00 opwsdhpote

alh8eia kolossos an 8elete kai allo receiver ti sas xrewnoun?

ante kai tou xronou IPTV apo OTE gia na vlepoume olo to nova

o hxos apo radiofwna pws einai?

sthn eyrwph 3erw einai stereofwnika ayta pou exoume edw kai ta nea radiofwna

3exase ta ,kammia sxesh me ta idia pou yparxoun online.

Archived