Phantis Forums

Greece suspended by FIFA!

Irlandos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think fifa needs to mind its own business and worry about the game. This really is a load of bullshit.

EPO now will no longer receive funding...Athletics are part of our culture and i think its fine to have government influence on funding/organizaiton of them. The Greek people should get to decide weather its autonous or not after all its their tax money!!!

Another question- how will this affect security? Will that have to be privatized as well? When something bad goes wrong and the EPO needs to be working with the government to help stop aliteia in the stadiums....FIFA wont let them...thanks, douchebags. I hope the bill is passed legally and then taken around their backs...FIFA should not have a say on anything but the rules on the pitch, and organizing tournaments.

SIEG HEIL FIFA! :tdown:

i think fifa needs to mind its own business and worry about the game. This really is a load of bullshit.

EPO now will no longer receive funding...Athletics are part of our culture and i think its fine to have government influence on funding/organizaiton of them. The Greek people should get to decide weather its autonous or not after all its their tax money!!!

Another question- how will this affect security? Will that have to be privatized as well? When something bad goes wrong and the EPO needs to be working with the government to help stop aliteia in the stadiums....FIFA wont let them...thanks, douchebags. I hope the bill is passed legally and then taken around their backs...FIFA should not have a say on anything but the rules on the pitch, and organizing tournaments.

SIEG HEIL FIFA! :tdown:

Bravo re megale, again a great post!

FIFA is really bull-s%$#! look at their ranking :: Egypt and Nigeria are better as Greece ??? Cameroon is better than Turkey ???? How can this be?? What is this for a poltical motivated s%$#!??? It has nothing to do with football strength....

here from www.fifa.com :

Turkey on place 27 ---> ON PLACE 11 is NIGERIA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Greece on place 32 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: How can this be ?? Greece is European champion at this moment --> Denmark on Place 17 ????? AHh I know many people from Denmark works at Fifa Headquarters in Sitzerland.....

Denmark didnt play in WC2006 and are not better than Greece how can they be on Place 17 ????????????

Nigeria 1149 0 413

12 Cameroon 1109 3 387

13 Switzerland 1028 22 380

14 Uruguay 985 8 296

15 Ukraine 961 30 352

16 USA 933 -11 177

17 Denmark 927 -6 191

18 Mexico 924 -14 166

19 Paraguay 915 14 262

20 Côte d'Ivoire 909 12 240

21 Colombia 902 6 221

22 Sweden 886 -6 177

23 Croatia 854 0 168

24 Guinea 850 27 253

25 Ghana 839 23 239

26 Romania 834 -1 149

27 Turkey 824 -13 98

28 Ecuador 821 11 190

29 Egypt 819 -12 111

30 Poland 809 -1 132

31 Tunisia 805 -10 112

32 Greece 780 -12 86

33 Australia

FIFA XXXXXF*** YOU

FIFA = Big Mafia of Football who has its own interests and dosnt care about football.... they spends millions of money for strange projects in Africa while in the same continet millions of children die cause of starvation !!!!! Fifa just think about what you do and who you are...???? Sepp Blatter you are nothing more than swiss mafia chief.....

FIFA is really bull-s%$#! look at their ranking :: Egypt and Nigeria are better as Greece ??? Cameroon is better than Turkey ???? How can this be?? What is this for a poltical motivated s%$#!??? It has nothing to do with football strength....

here from www.fifa.com :

Turkey on place 27 ---> ON PLACE 11 is NIGERIA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Greece on place 32 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: How can this be ?? Greece is European champion at this moment --> Denmark on Place 17 ????? AHh I know many people from Denmark works at Fifa Headquarters in Sitzerland.....

Denmark didnt play in WC2006 and are not better than Greece how can they be on Place 17 ????????????

Nigeria 1149 0 413

12 Cameroon 1109 3 387

13 Switzerland 1028 22 380

14 Uruguay 985 8 296

15 Ukraine 961 30 352

16 USA 933 -11 177

17 Denmark 927 -6 191

18 Mexico 924 -14 166

19 Paraguay 915 14 262

20 Côte d'Ivoire 909 12 240

21 Colombia 902 6 221

22 Sweden 886 -6 177

23 Croatia 854 0 168

24 Guinea 850 27 253

25 Ghana 839 23 239

26 Romania 834 -1 149

27 Turkey 824 -13 98

28 Ecuador 821 11 190

29 Egypt 819 -12 111

30 Poland 809 -1 132

31 Tunisia 805 -10 112

32 Greece 780 -12 86

33 Australia

FIFA XXXXXF*** YOU

FIFA = Big Mafia of Football who has its own interests and dosnt care about football.... they spends millions of money for strange projects in Africa while in the same continet millions of children die cause of starvation !!!!! Fifa just think about what you do and who you are...???? Sepp Blatter you are nothing more than swiss mafia chief.....

i agree this is competly bullshit!!

countrys like Nigeria, Uruguay, Cameroon, Denmark, Romania, Colombia didnt make the world cup yet not only have they managed to hold down there rank but also some of them have moved up while Greece (even though our form hasnt been the best) have dropped like no tomorrow!! This is BS!! we r the european champs and we got a s%$#! load of point coz of it so my question is where did Romania get there points to surpass greece in the ranking?? what about Denmark they were just as bad as Greece and look at them??

i know fifa rankings r Bs but someone needs to write a letter to them asking them to please explain :tdown:

they are based on a point system which is complete garbage.

But still something cant be right. The European Champion despite being disapointing still won some games, tied some too - they should have held their spot.

Nigeria......plays who? Gabon? Republic of Moduku-Duku? I think just qualifying for the WC jumps your ratings. They made it 4 years. ago.....Greece won the Euro 2 years ago....how the hell is that big a drop possible and Nigeria goes unaffected???? I mean Greece wasnt in 32 before the WC-----so how the hell is Nigeria still in 11!???

Best thing to do is ignore them- if you want real rankings, theyre called tournaments. Cups are the ultimate ranking.

Remember USA was #4 in the World before this WC. But they werent a top seed in the draw even 2nd seed so there is no way they were used...

Getting back on topic, its funny that the Portguese laugh at us for us geting banned yet the same thing almost happened to them:

Greece, Poland and Portugal warned by Blatter

MARRAKESH, Morocco, Sept 11 (Reuters) - FIFA president Sepp Blatter warned on Saturday that the world body could take action against Greece, Poland and Portugal unless their governments amend domestic laws to make them compatible with FIFA statutes.

Blatter said FIFA is also monitoring the situation in Kenya and has given the Kenyan Football Association 'more time to get its house in order' because of government interference there.

FIFA regularly suspends member associations for government interference or the non-payment of fees, for example, but usually the sanctions are taken against smaller members rather than high profile European countries.

But Blatter, speaking at a news conference after an executive committee meeting, said: 'In general the national laws of these countries contradict the international statutes of FIFA.'

FIFA is concerned that Portuguese law allows the national league too much autonomy and that in Poland there is the possibility of too much interference in the hiring and firing of football officials.

A number of points worry FIFA about Greece, the European champions, including the appointment of referees and disciplinary matters.

'I have written to the Prime Minister of Portugal personally and I am hoping that in the autumn they will bring this matter to Parliament and there will be a change in the law.'

He also said that FIFA were allowing Kenya more time to sort out their problems and would wait another three months until Kenya's World Cup qualifying campaign was over.

Blatter said FIFA wants the changes in domestic laws in those countries to be completed by the end of the World Cup finals next summer, although he did not specify what action FIFA might take if changes were not made.

FIFA also wants to set up a Task Force to monitor problems arising in the game including multi-ownership of clubs by individuals, the role of agents in transfers, corruption in football, illegal betting and the problem of clubs attempting to get soccer issues settled in civil courts.

The creation of the Task Force will go ahead once it is approved at FIFA's 55th congress here on Monday.

Without mentioning Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich by name, Blatter said: 'You will remember that last year there was already a question about the ownership of one club in Russia and one club in the premier league in England.'

AND THE PORTUGUESE LAUGH AT US, OUT OF BITTERNESS, FOR LOSING EURO 2004, THAT GREECE ALMOST LOST THE OLYMPICS 2004 WHEN IN FACT THEY ALMOST LOST BEING THE HOST OF EURO 2004:

Portugal plays down Euro 2004 warning

Posted: Friday March 01, 2002

LISBON (Reuters) -- Portugal's top sports official has played down a warning by UEFA president Lennart Johansson that the country could lose the right to stage Euro 2004 because of problems with the stadiums.

"Euro 2004 will take place in Portugal and is going to be a great success," Minister for Youth and Sports Jose Lello said Friday in response to comments by Johansson in Tokyo on Thursday.

Johansson, speaking in Tokyo on Thursday, warned that there were many countries interested in hosting the tournament, adding that Portugal needed to show that the difficulties were being resolved.

"If things continue like this, we will have to act," he was quoted as saying in Portuguese media reports. "There are many countries interested in organizing Euro 2004 and we can still change... we cannot wait much longer for things to be clarified."

Portugal needs to build or renovate 10 stadiums along with parking and access projects. But the US$550 million plans have run into political rows over how much of the bill should be borne by central government and how much by local authorities.

However, the head of the UEFA commission overseeing the stadiums programme told journalists at the end of a visit to Portugal this week that he was not unduly worried.

"I am optimistic about the development of the construction work," Ernie Walker said.

Portuguese Football Federation president Gilberto Madail said Johansson would be reassured about the progress being made once he had had time to read the latest report by the UEFA commission.

"Johansson is in Tokyo and cannot know yet how the (UEFA) visits to the stadiums went this week," he told Publico newspaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived