Phantis Forums

Greece suspended by FIFA!

Irlandos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to know what is wrong with Greek soccer take yourselves back 22 months to Kalimarmaro and the return of our heros from their triumph abraoad. I wait by my TV for 2 hours as the pullman slowly drives through the streets of Athens and the players get out and get on stage in the historic stadium.

Who spoke???? Our captain, the MVP of the tournamnet??? The veteran goalkeeper? The scorer of the winning goal??? Who??????

Answer the question then you will see what the problem is.

Let the soccer people run soccer. If we are to be part of FIFA and UEFA we must abide by their rules ------- this has to be understood.

Cheer up! First of all, Greece have to be proud of his team. Greece is the champion of Europe and few countries have been able to say this thing in the History. They won thanks to his merits and not thanks to the mistakes from referees. I am sure that Greece will play the previous round of the Euro 2008. It will be a pitty that I cannot see players like Samaras, Salpingidis, Amanatidis, Lagos, Charisteas, Kafes... I trust in this players and I hope to see them in Euro 2008.

Greeting from Spain!

Who spoke???? Our captain, the MVP of the tournamnet??? The veteran goalkeeper? The scorer of the winning goal??? Who??????

just reminded me the celebrations in Istanbul after our NT came back from Korea in 2002... Guess who spoke?? Vice-Presidiot of TFF.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: does it have anything to do with our nose dive then?? well... :angry:

I don't think that many people here understand all the subtle details of the issue...

It is clear that this is not really a punishment, since it actually helps the Greek Football Federation to enforce its agenda. The Greek F.F. has been in a long war of arguments against the government (Sport Minister) who do not wish to allow complete independence as FIFA demands.

The point here is, that possibly, the Greek F.F. has unofficially asked for such a strong reaction from their 'big mama' FIFA, so that they will guarantee winning the argument in the fortcoming new law, in the exact terms of their side, since the politicians now will run to satisfy FIFA demands!

I hope now things look clearer...

You want to know what is wrong with Greek soccer take yourselves back 22 months to Kalimarmaro and the return of our heros from their triumph abraoad. I wait by my TV for 2 hours as the pullman slowly drives through the streets of Athens and the players get out and get on stage in the historic stadium.

Let the soccer people run soccer. If we are to be part of FIFA and UEFA we must abide by their rules ------- this has to be understood.

true Karamanlhs and Xristodoulos, and Dora....but they are major leaders of the country...this was for many more than a football cup... i dont think its really related to the decline or govt intervention.....i mean Zagorakis whats he going to say? Euxaristw etc etc... the guys soaking it in being a God and the rest was all a party...

So, does anyone have any sort of idea of the kind of interference they're talking about from the government? Is it that they're trying to impose rules on the HFF that FIFA doesn't agree with, or what?

But, speaking from an English point of view, I don't think all this reflects very well on Greek football, and I really hope they sort it out before they get pulled out of European national/club competition.

the problem is, we are allready pulled out. if the actions won't be taken fast, it means bye bye for our clubs and the euro qualification.

the whole story is like a little war between gagatsis (HFF-President) and orfanos (sports minister). i don't know all the background if it, but it seems that gagatsis has become too powerful in football in orfanos' eyes. so he wants to pass some laws that the government has some deciding power too. for example he wants to pass a law that "if the HFF-president is involved in any court procedure he must be replaced". since gagatsis is, this would be the easiest way for orfanos to get rid of him.

other stuff i wouldn't know. but i know, that fifa had given orfanos enough time to change the law accordingly, but didn't.

i could imagine that telemahos is right. like things have turned out, orfanos must do something. otherwise his party will soon have problems because football is still the strongest party in greece ;)

If Orfanos and Gagatsis have a problem with each other they should both stand down from their positions and belt each other in a boxing ring :box:

Somebody needs to follow the FIFA standards asap because in 11 days time if things are NOT up to standard, FIFA will be shuting the door on :gr: and we will go 100 years backwards :( :tdown:

Wake up to yourselves klapes :whistle:

Hi I am new here although have been a regular visitor to this site for atleast 4 years.

:angry: This is a damn right disgrace! I hope they fire a**hole Orfanos. Why not penalise the politicians instead of Greek players and teams? I bet the same damn a**hole politicians who are responsible for this mess are sitting comfortably in their 5 star hotels in Germany attending World Cup games using complimentary tickets they obtained from FIFA!!

I hope the good people of this forum can help voice the view of the fans. Lets not wait for these lazy f**kers!!! Here is FIFA's address lets bombard them with complaints:

Federation Internationale de Football Association

FIFA-Strasse 20,

P.O. Box 8044 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel : +41-(0)43 222 7777,

Fax : +41-(0)43 222 7878.

Sorry no email address was available on their website (www.FIFA.com).

Elias

I don't think that many people here understand all the subtle details of the issue...

It is clear that this is not really a punishment, since it actually helps the Greek Football Federation to enforce its agenda. The Greek F.F. has been in a long war of arguments against the government (Sport Minister) who do not wish to allow complete independence as FIFA demands.

The point here is, that possibly, the Greek F.F. has unofficially asked for such a strong reaction from their 'big mama' FIFA, so that they will guarantee winning the argument in the fortcoming new law, in the exact terms of their side, since the politicians now will run to satisfy FIFA demands!

I hope now things look clearer...

This sounds plausible, I hope you are right! :tup:

Guest TopKorner

Ridiculous. If FIFA have an issue with government involvement in the sport, then every African nation should also be penalised...

:angry:

Ridiculous. If FIFA have an issue with government involvement in the sport, then every African nation should also be penalised...

:angry:

If FIFA tells you to change something for 2 years and you don t do something about it and you end up embarassing your country at the end who is to blame,FIFA or greek stupidity?The funny part is that in 2 weeks propably everything will be ok and we are not going to get punished but still it is one more time that we prove to to the world that we are a big Mpourdelo. :tdown:

Archived