Phantis Forums

EURO 2003 Sweden

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the lituania and france wins really surprised me. the russians and serbs are out in last 8 i thought at least 1 would make finals. it's a good chance for greece to go far. italy will be hard and we have to take them seriuosly to win. then hope we get israel to kick them out of europe as they don' blong in this tournament the bloody clowns stick to middle east. just cause they're aren't allowed to compete in asians/arabs tournaments as they're foreign to them as well :lol:

hope we start well vs italians but seeing how we've played whole tournament maybe we should start bad and finish good. could you imagine what will happen if we get off to a great start :D

good luck to greece i'll be waking up at 5:00am melb time to listen to match.

well i felt like crap in the morning about 6:50am when game was over. to hear greece play so bad and lose like that was unacceptable. again players and even coach came out and promised this and that and didn't deliver. next time they shold keep their mouths shut and say we aren't expecting anything cause anything can happen to not get us worked up hoping for medals. a joke it was and felt sorry for 3,000-3,500 omogeneis who went and created a great atmoshpere compared to a few hundred italians.

na paizame kalo basket kai na haname epidei o antipalos itan para poli kaliteros tha to honeua omos auto den to honeuo katholou. 56-58 me 1 lepto kai o DIKOUDIS HANEI 2 FREE THROWS AND ITALIANS GET REBOUND AND MAKE SCORE 56-60 IT WAS OVER. then 3pt from ellas went to 59-60 but they put 2 more free throws and game over for sure.

tora toulahiston na kerdisoun tous ebraious gia na paroume esto 5 thesi pano apo tous russian and serbs and definitely over the jews. an hasoun auto tote einai gia klamata i don't care how good the jews are in basketball. den epitrepete.

Shame to Ioannidis and all the players for failing to perform well not even to a single match!!!

Disasterus result last night from a team that was worse than probably most teams in the tournament.

I think te main reasons for the result were:

1. The persistance of Ioannidis to use Tsakalidis (he was again out of the game) and Fotsis in the 3rd quarter where the Italians basically won the game. Also the non use of Kakioyzis where he probably knew the Italians better than anyone else.

2. The disasterous performances of Alvertis (0/8 shots) and Hatzivrettas (0/5 shots). Two main guards of our team with 0 points!! :angry:

3. Three point guards (Papaloykas, Charissis, Diamantidis) were non existant not just yesturday but during the whole tournamen. (Charissis had his moment but that was it) I am trying very hard to remember if ALL THREE have scored more than 10 points in the WHOLE tournament. And if the point guard doesnt score then the opponents can easily double-team another guard and create an extra player in defence...

4. The psychology of the Greek team as a whole where they failed to perform well during the tournament. First game we simply won by luck (Croatians missed 6 free throws and Charissis scored in the last second!), against Turkey was again very nervous win, and same agains Ukraine. So we got away with it 3 times but the fourth was predictably against us. No team can go to the final by winning all the matches in the last seconds....

5. Finally, the referees... Who can forget about them. The guys did not have a clue about basketball.

Anyway this was our best chance for another gold medal, and I dont think that we will get any closer than that! For those who believe that in Athens next year we will do something better, they are by far mistaken. Yogoslavia will come with all their stars (including bodiroga) U.S.A the same and I dont think we have a chance of progressing at all....

To conclude, I think there are only 2 things that matter in basketball...

1. To have the balls (like the team of 87)

2. The spirit of a winner (See Drazen Petrovoc, Bodiroga, Galis etc)

These are the attributes I believe that our team lacks most!! :tdown: :tdown:

I guess the myth that Ioannidis is a great basketball coach can finally be put to rest.

It is well known that Ioannidis collapses in the critical game.

Do not forget "Den tha pareis kypello pote, re Janthe, re Janthe"

The team is missing a leader, a player that in games like that will take the team in his hands and inspire the rest of the guys. :( :(

pali kala pou kerdisame to israel pou euhome na hasei kai apo tin ispania kai na teleiwsei 8th. tora megalo agona me tin serbia gia 5th place pou an to koitaxeis den einai kai poli ashimo. sto kato kato sta proigoumena 2 eurobasket i ethniki ellados oute prokrithike stous 8 let alone na parei mettalio. giati tora amesos na ginei mia megali omada kai na parei metallio? kala antipalos den itan superpower alla na paei stous 8 kati sosta kanei i italia pou mporei kai tous ispanous na kerdisoun. an kanoun man mark ton paul gasol kai brethei se ashimi mera tha deis poios tha kerdisei.

prepei na paroume tin 5th thesi kai na kerdisoume tous serbous gia psycological battle. auto tha mas boithisei gia tous olympiakous tou hronou. btw how do they decide which teams from europe participates in olympics apart from ellada as hosts?

kai prepei na kratisoun ton ioaniddi gia na ehei ora na ftiaxei kai na doulepsei me tin omada gia ligo kairo gia na pane kalitera stin athnia 2004

Archived