Sweden

Group 4:

Croatia

Greece

Turkiye

Ukraine

Preliminary Round

September 5

Game 1: 18.00 Slovenia - Italy (Group A)

Game 2: 18.00 Lithuania - Latvia (Group B )

Game 3: 18.00 Serbia & Montenegro - Russia (Group C)

Game 4: 21.00 Greece - Croatia (Group D)

Game 5: 21.00 France - Bosnia & Herzegovina (Group A)

Game 6: 15.15 Germany - Israel (Group B )

Game 7: 21.00 Spain - Sweden (Group C)

Game 8: 18.00 Ukraine - Turkey (Group D)

September 6

Game 9: 16.00 Bosnia & Herzegovina - Slovenia (Group A)

Game 10: 17.00 Israel - Lithuania (Group B )

Game 11: 21.00 Sweden - Serbia & Montenegro (Group C)

Game 12: 21.00 Turkey - Greece (Group D)

Game 13: 18.30 Italy - France (Group A)

Game 14: 14.00 Latvia - Germany (Group B )

Game 15: 18.00 Russia - Spain (Group C)

Game 16: 18.00 Croatia - Ukraine (Group D)

September 7

Game 17: 15.15 Slovenia - France (Group A)

Game 18: 15.15 Lithuania - Germany (Group B )

Game 19: 15.45 Serbia & Montenegro - Spain (Group C)

Game 20: 15.45 Greece - Ukraine (Group D)

Game 21: 18.15 Bosnia & Herzegovina - Italy (Group A)

Game 22: 18.15 Israel - Latvia (Group B )

Game 23: 18.15 Sweden - Russia (Group C)

Game 24: 18.15 Turkey - Croatia (Group D)

Well after watching our national team yesturday (Greece by the way) I realised that we are surely going for the gold!!! Apparently the quality of our team is great, with all ten quality players, very strong front line, as well as great defensive play.

I believe with the Knowledge and expertise of Ioannides we are very strong condendors for the gold medal!! :)

The only teams which might get something out of us, is the Yogos, and Spain. Well only 9 days left and we will see what happens....

What do you think guys about the starting line up????

What about..

1) Papaloukas

2) Sigalas

3) Hatzivrrettas

4) Fotsis

5) Tsakalidis

Something like that huh???? :huh:

9 o clock on September 6 you will see my friend..... be patient..... :P

We are going to repeat the triumph of our victory as we did 3-4years ago when we beat Turkie with 25 points difference.....

Forget about basketball and gather all the Turkish supporters to support Galatasaray against Olympiacos in the Champions League. Fortsa Galata!!!!

As far as basketball, I dont think that you will manage to avoid rape on Saturday the 6th of September. So sit down and enjoy it.... :D :P

I am open for bets as well...... I will give 10 to 1 that Alvertis is going to score more than 20 points in the face of Kutluay!!! :tup: :tup:

I am telling you, my Turkish friends, there is no chance that you win this game. Remember 3 years ago everybody used to say the same, that Turkey has a great team and all that, but do you remember the final score??? It was at least 25 points difference in the end!! You see we have great experience and knowledge over basketball, our teams have dominatred Europe in the last decade and our domestic league is the toughest in Europe. So dont think that all that clown NBA players can perform well against us. We play the hardest zone defence that the NBA players have never faced. (zone its not allowed in the NBA)

But anyway no need for words. Only few days left.....

If you lose you are going to buy me an Iskender Kebab and send it to Greece by courrier!! :D

I dont recall you playing in Indianapolis last year (WC)....or what happened in the last Euro Championship.... :D

You make it sound like we dont have any experience at all and that you created basketball....very good stuff... :D ,

Your teams are dominating in Europe due to forign players....do you think PAO would have won the Euroleague 2 years ago without Bodiroga and Kutluay.......? :lol:

But im not gonna say more that that its gonna be a tough game..... ;)

If you lose you are buying me souflaki with ouzo next to it.....and yes you are going to serve me.... :tup:

You want a drink as well with your souvlaki huh;; Ok then along with the Iskender kebab you are going to send me a bottle of AIRAN with it!!! :tup: :tup:

Perhaps I am thinking of a night out at the LAYLA club with the view of Bosphorus! :tup:

Dude, to be able to come in to Laila you have to AT LEAST be a son or a daughter of a president or the prime minister... :D

I hope you like your Ayran salty.... :tup:

Dude, to be able to come in to Laila you have to AT LEAST be a son or a daughter of a president or the prime minister... :D

I hope you like your Ayran salty.... :tup:

As a pure Panathinaikos fan, with taste and class, I have been ti Laila TWICE my friend... I went to that Chineese restaurant inside of Laila last summer. It was brilliant :tup:

As far as my Ayran ,I have changed my mind.. You are buying me Raki with Humus and pastourma!!!! :tup: :tup: (perhaps in one of the restaurants in Laila.....)

Well, then i guess you are a son of a primeminister... :D

I have never been to Laila but then again i havent been in Turkiye for a long time....last time i was there Laila was still a project... :D

If you want raki...ill have to check your ID.....no man under 25 is allowed to drink it.....Raki is for real men! :P

Humus and Pastirma can be easily arranged...im a huge pastirma fan....

Then im chaning my order too....i want two plates of Souflaki and one extra plate with just Tzatziki.....i want lots of Tzatziki....one bottle of Ouzo....and Elini from Antique as company.... :D :tup:

You can do it..... :tup:

I can bring you Tzatziki, probably two plates of souvlaki, I can even get you a whole bottle of Ouzo, but I am not too sure about Eleni..... Do you settle with the 2nd mouse instead??? (nowhere near to eleni, he is ugly. disgusting AEK fan, but at least he is funny...) :P :P And I am sure he can follow us for raki and souvlaki!! :D :D

Dont listen to him man!

The dog is jealous!

But we have common friends in Turkey and we should meet sometime if we go to visit them and maybe you too are there at the time!

--

Anyway, the show begins! The best of Luck to our team! As for the match between us... It should be interesting to see if Ioannidis will lead the team again to a win! Believe it or not he must be te only coach never to lose to a Turkish team! Dangerous statistic, as thee always is a fist time foa all the things in life! But he is a coach who uses a lot of psychological presure and mental doping with his teams.

If you are going to the match (if I am not mistaken ;) ) notice his reactions from the teams bench! He is acting like a madman!

Results so far:

Germany - Israel 86-81

Slovenia - Italy 77-67 :whistle:

Serbia/M - Russia 80-95 :blink:

Lithuania - Latvia 92 -91 (overtime)

Ukraine - Turkiye 69 -77 :tup:

Ukraine - Turkiye 69-77

Omer Onan 7p

Haluk Yildirim 4p

Mehmet Okur 19p

Kaya Peker 4p

Ibrahim Kutluay 12p

Ender Arslan 3p

Mirsad Turkcan 17p

Hidayet Turkoglu 11p

Kerem Tunceri 0p :rolleyes:

Kerm Gonlum 0p

Rasim Bacak 0p

Huseyin Besok 0p (injured)

VERY CLOSE GAME... Greece EEEEEKS out a victory... 77-76 after being down as many as 11 pts in the 2nd half.

www.eurobasket2003.com

Here are some stats:

Rentzias - 12 pts, 4 rebs

Fotsis - 12 pts, 5 rebs

Chatzivrettas - 14 pts, 2 asts, 1 reb

Tsakalidis - 8 pts, 8 rebs, 1 ast

for them - Prkacin had 18 pts, and Giricek had 15. They missed a bunch of FT's down the stretch.

Archived